View Poll Results: Would you support a paid 300% XP boost option? (for alts)

Voters
630. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    247 39.21%
  • No

    321 50.95%
  • I'm happy with the grind

    62 9.84%
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
LastLast
  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Do people still not have all 11 classes maxed? For shame.
    the average WoW player has never hit level cap.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  2. #162
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    573
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    the average WoW player has never hit level cap.
    This isn't a bad thing. FUCK pay to win.

  3. #163
    If people are allowed to pay for a race change to make their character more competitive in pvp and pve based on racials why the hell would people care if I wanted to pay 30 bucks to get an XP boost for my alts. This would be a great feature and Blizzard would make millions.

  4. #164
    I have 8 level 90's atm and every single profession at max across them. I like this idea, maybe it would be better if you first had to have at least 1 char at 90 before you were able to buy the xp boost.

    It wouldn't change the game competitively so I would be all for it, but you would definitely see more and more people rolling and level capping alts because of it.

  5. #165
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,168
    No, but I'd pay extra to play on a PVE server with only one faction and zero CRZ, ever. I'd pay $10/month extra for that.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 03:51 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Greendog View Post
    I have 8 level 90's atm and every single profession at max across them. I like this idea, maybe it would be better if you first had to have at least 1 char at 90 before you were able to buy the xp boost.

    It wouldn't change the game competitively so I would be all for it, but you would definitely see more and more people rolling and level capping alts because of it.
    Not me. Blizzard's decision to gate VP gear behind multiple rep grinds killed any desire I had to play my alts. I do miss playing them, but where for the last expansion or two I'd have my main, a favorite alt, and then gear the rest up to dungeon epics (later LFR epics) that's just not going to happen this time, might not ever happen again.

  6. #166
    Paying for anything in wow that is not the monthly subscription is stupid
    N

  7. #167
    I think you should just work for your levels like always. it helps you learn you chacter better and you appricate it more

  8. #168
    It wouldn't bother me if Blizzard decided to charge real money for a feature like this, or to simply sell max level characters. I'd consider buying one.

    It would be better however if they simply sold an "Elixir of Experience" in game, either for gold or JP, or to upgrade the xp gain on heirloom gear.

  9. #169
    Warchief Blitzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,122
    Shut up and take my money!

    I'd do it if I already had multiple 90s, which I do.
    “It is either easy or impossible.” - Salvador Dali

    WoW characters:
    Blitzo[Warrior] -Rex[Hunter] -Jax [Warlock]

  10. #170
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    86
    Okay iam just gonna say what i think about it ect.

    1) World of Warcraft and all its paid services, and the monthly fee is a really big moneymaker in it self.
    2) If you start adding things like say, 300% XP boosts for 1 week or so.. How long till we can buy Honor, Justice, Valor or even Conquest Points?
    its just gonna be another thing they can make money off.

    But, i will say that i think that they should implement some other kind of system for dedicated players.
    Like everytime you've paid ''x amount'' of subscriptions, (Maybe 3-6 months) you would get a 300% XP increase for a few days.

  11. #171
    Warchief Szemere's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Gnomeregan
    Posts
    2,196
    It is already in in a clunky form (RaF), but... No. The paid mount store, paid pet store (except the ones where 100% goes to charity), both should not exist in the first place, adding more things will only bring WoW closer to the brink of a cash shop game. It already is to some extent, but unless Blizzard removes the monthly fee, we should take a firm stance against this stuff, like was done with the cross-realm feature. As soon as you let ANY developer make you pay for additional stuff, that should already be available ingame anyways because you're paying both for the game and a subscription fee, they will slowly shift their focus towards these paid features and items, if they can get away with it.

    If nobody had bought Sparklepony in Wrath, Blizzard would have spent the time creating cash shop mounts, instead making other stuff, yet they got away with it, so they regularly make cash shop mounts (they already made 4 completely unique mounts exclusive for cash shop, yet most mounts implemented share their skin with 3-4 other ones, skewing the production time spent by the "mount-making-team" more towards the paid mounts than you'd think)
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

  12. #172
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,186
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    the average WoW player has never hit level cap.
    With the Monk, they're a large percentage of the population 1-60, a decent chunk of 60-70. However 72-90 Monks suddenly drop in playing, and in some cases they are the least played 90 class.
    Unsubscribed as of 03/10/2014.

    If you dislike where WoW is headed in your mind, quit. Really. Sitting around complaining about "promises" that may or may not have been made isn't doing anything to help your cause. It's just making you look more and more like the constantly complaining and perpetually offended.

  13. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by Affenkatzen18 View Post
    2) If you start adding things like say, 300% XP boosts for 1 week or so.. How long till we can buy Honor, Justice, Valor or even Conquest Points?
    Read me. Thanks.

  14. #174
    What it really comes down to is balance and players experience.

    A couple of things to think about (some mentioned before).

    WoW is a subscription based game. Blizzard makes it's money by subscription.
    Other games that are Free2Play must still make money, thus they have real-money stores for in-game things/bonuses.

    Blizzard has thus far been fairly decent about listening to the community and adjusting the game when something becomes a problem.
    So lets add these together in a hypothetical situation.


    Right now it takes a certain amount of XP to level. Most people who sit down for an hour or two and quest or dungeon can earn some XP and if they try, they can level their toon or 2 toons in a reasonable amount of time. Maybe not 8 or 10 without some "extra dedication" (aka spending a LOT of time), but levelling is ok for the 99 percent of the masses.

    Whenever an expansion comes out or a rep grind is added, or whatever, Blizzard must balance it actually being something to work for, vs taking too long and being boring and super grindy. As it stands now, if a vast majority of players REALLY REALLY dislike something, Blizzard may decide to change it, or lessen the burden by speeding it up.


    Lets say a rep grind or levels 92-95 take exceptionally long to level. In the past blizzard might decide to lower the XP or rep needed, or in the case of alts and dailies with this expansion, introduce the Grand Commendations to help your alts not have to grind.
    Now lets add real-money XP boosts/Rep boosts.
    How soon before the mentality of "Lets fix the issue and make our playerbase happy" becomes "Well they can just pay us more money and get the Boost."

    You say "ok fine, I'll do that" and you also say "how does MY levelling faster in anyway change YOUR experience just because I level faster?"
    My answer is........
    Because when the mentality becomes "Too grindy? Just pay money for boosts", the REAL issues of super long grinds don't get fixed. Instead of adding a Grand Commendation or lowering a XP or Rep amount needed to do something so it's more in-line with what 99 percent of the playerbase can reasonably do, they just don't fix it and instead funnel you into paying more money.Thus if YOU don't ALSO pay real money for boosts, your game experience is degraded because I DID pay.


    Paying for boosts is ok on free2play games.
    Subscription based games should mean everything is obtainable fairly without more money coming into the mixture.



    And THAT is why I won't ever support real money XP boosts.




    In my opinion? A nice solution? If you have a max-level character, you can buy a commendation that boosts your XP gain on alts. Once the next expansion comes out, the XP boost ends until you have one character back up to max level again.
    This means people are seeing the content at normal pace and experiencing the game.
    This means people can level alts easier and not get burned out running through the same zones all the time.
    This means people CHOOSE to get the commendation, or not if they want to level normally (like with a friend so you don't outpace them) This will encourage people playing more together!
    This means that REAL issues with super long grinds get fixed.
    This means that we don't get penalized just because we couldn't get mom/dad/wife/bankaccount to give up extra cash.
    Last edited by S31Ender; 2013-03-11 at 02:45 AM.

  15. #175
    I would say it's ok so long as it disappears for the first six months of an expansion. I would totally love to level all my alts, but doing the 85-90 grind on my last two alts is already something im not that interested in nevermind 1-90 on other classes I would be interested in(im a dk main so no 55 start for them :P). I would love to have a warlock, druid, monk and shaman personally. That way I have all the cloth dps classes and all the tanks as level 90s. I am strangely against a lot of pay for services but this isnt one im against. It has NO impact on any ones game experience if it launched tomorrow.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-11 at 02:46 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Ellesarr View Post
    Paying for anything in wow that is not the monthly subscription is stupid
    so you've been on the same server since day 1?

    To the poster above me I love your solution. +100 for you.
    Last edited by valliant13; 2013-03-11 at 02:51 AM.

  16. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    Not much of a shake up since practically every other mmo on the market has paid xp boosts.
    And how many are as old as WoW and have the same player base? Most of WoW players are not kiddies unlike many other games so this will not happen because they do not want it.

  17. #177
    Immortal Bombkirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA - Boston, MA
    Posts
    7,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaosturn View Post
    This isn't a bad thing. FUCK pay to win.
    Its really not pay to win. Its pay to lessen your work to achieve a goal you could get for free. If you've ever played LoL or DoTA 2 or something, you can buy characters/EXP boosts to reach the level cap faster... but why pay? Just be patient and get there for free. But then again some people just don't have time to be patient and they may want the crutch. Such a thing is really basic in any game.

    This feature should NOT be available right away in WoW however.

    Pay to win would be buying powerful gear. While everyone is struggling against RNG, the rich players simply buy their armor and weapons instead of praying to the RNG gods every week.

    Also... it IS a bad thing if people cant hit the cap. Level cap has all the new patch content. If people don't get there, patches offer little to nothing for them leading to boredom... leading to unsubbing... leading to less $$$. What kind of business would go "Hmm...naw you're too stupid to play our game. You'll have to leave."? None.

  18. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    The difference being that pets and mounts are not advantages; they're pretty much just cosmetic perks. Being able to buy a 300% exp increase is on another level. Why not just cut to the chase and sell max level characters? 1000% speed mounts because takes too much time? Oh and who can forget the ultimate time waster? Farming bosses. Should be able to buy tokens that guarantee loot drops.
    Yeh getting from point A to point B 100% faster than every one else is in no way an advantage.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

  19. #179
    Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,718
    If they remove the sub fee, sure.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

  20. #180
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiteh View Post
    If Blizzard were to offer a 'realm bound' (think current BoA system) paid XP boost, would you be happy?
    There already is a paid 300% boost. Buy a second account and link it with RAF. Now level to 80 at triple speed via dual-boxing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •