SPriest + Crit + Renew

so i was on the new island today and i noticed that Renew doesn't crit while on my shadow priest.

i stood in the blue circle crit buff the mobs put down. looked at my char sheet stats, over 100% crit. and renew doesn't crit.
    when did they make this change?

Deleted
    i just stood in shrine, it crit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenoria View Post
    so i was on the new island today and i noticed that Renew doesn't crit while on my shadow priest.

i stood in the blue circle crit buff the mobs put down. looked at my char sheet stats, over 100% crit. and renew doesn't crit.
    when did they make this change?
    Not the first mechanic to bug with >100% crit. I advise not getting that much.

(There was a time when the fire mage Ignite could crit if crit% was over 100, leading to a hilarious feedback loop that didn't break when the owner inevitably pulled aggro and died.)

Make sure when you stand on the Rune of Storms that you actually get the buff on your buff-bar. It doesn't always apply.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.