Deleted
    Haha. I remember when back in Firelands Method was leading the race until Majordomo. They killed Baleroc almost a day before Paragon. And then when Paragon killed Baleroc, 2 hours later: Majordomo world first. And there went Ragnaros first kill.

Seems like the same will happen. Undoing a head start on the end boss of the tier is really difficult.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    And there went Ragnaros first kill.
    Seems like the same will happen. Undoing a head start on the end boss of the tier is really difficult.
    Paragon killed ragna hc like 1 week before method so it's not some small head start that mattered.

thats just paragon, gets behind at first then steamroll everyone

paragon #1

Quote Originally Posted by otyknip View Post
    Why do you link such a big picture, that have no boss killed (aka no corpse on the ground), and it just proves Ciah's teory, that the boss is kited out of the room? (ps. I'm not sure in that, but until I see a corpse in the right place with an picture, I can keep speculate )

I linked a big picture because thats what I had to work with... and so that people could see that there was no corpse... I don’t have a problem with guilds using “tactics” on bosses (like not standing in shit and using tanks/healers, what not) and one of those tactics is placement...

people already seem to invalidate their accomplishments because they're raiding 10 man

They got world first twins whether you like it or not. They got world first 10 man twins aswell, but not 25 man.

The race is for the WORLD FIRST KILL, not WORLD FIRST 25 MAN KILL.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Deleted
    Noooo. Method gotta kick it up a notch now! Mainly because I think Paragon has won enough World Firsts.

Christ Paragon finished off Twin Consorts fast 11/13 here comes the 10 v 25 man token discussion/fight

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Noooo. Method gotta kick it up a notch now! Mainly because I think Paragon has won enough World Firsts.
    they'll stop winning once other teams get the skills needed to kill bosses faster than them
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Quote Originally Posted by gHouLwiNg View Post
    Hopefully paragon wont get world 1st on lei shen or ra'den..Already tired of them, although they're skilled players, nonetheless.
    yea all 10 of them that are left.

Here I was thinking Paragon was gonna end up out of the race because of the huge time spent on Council, but nope, they pull ahead like crazy and look poised to take WF Lei Shen. But that's Paragon for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    people already seem to invalidate their accomplishments because they're raiding 10 man

They got world first twins whether you like it or not. They got world first 10 man twins aswell, but not 25 man.

The race is for the WORLD FIRST KILL, not WORLD FIRST 25 MAN KILL.
    The thing is, 10 man doesnt really have any prestige attached to it, no one cared about 10 man before paragon decided to go 10 man. The only 10 man guild that's really trying to go for world first is paragon.

There's also the issue that you can't directly compare 10 and 25 man. You can't say that paragon is the best guild even if they get world for, due to the differences between 10 and 25 man. All you can say if paragon gets world first is that they were the fastest guild to kill the 10 man variant.

Not trying to diminish paragons accomplishment. But that's just how it is. Even paragon members commented that method was the nr1 guild after their Will heroic kill I believe.

I guess Lei Shen isnt surviving the lockout after all, and if he does die faster tham it took these guys to kill DA itll be hard for anyone to clain that DA isnt super overtunned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    they'll stop winning once other teams get the skills needed to kill bosses faster than them
    I do NOT want to be an ass but isnt it easier to "find" (Paragon did not find it they just reduced) 10 extremly good players than 25? I do not understand how there arent more 10man guilds competing.

Quote Originally Posted by scwasp View Post
    There's also the issue that you can't directly compare 10 and 25 man. You can't say that paragon is the best guild even if they get world for, due to the differences between 10 and 25 man. All you can say if paragon gets world first is that they were the fastest guild to kill the 10 man variant.
    But the 25 world first is the best guild out there? I know this is not what you said or implied, i'm just pointing out that the argument goes both ways.

It would be really cool if this thread had less "10 vs 25" or "EU vs NA" cancer and more participation from high end guild members.
    I'd love to know things like how many pulls it took a guild to get the boss down, whether the bosses are bugged/had to be hotfixed mid-attempts and cool stuff like that.
    Oh well, I can dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahippo View Post
    We are gunna use some dust brown to paint some happy little tornados here, and one more here. Then we are going to use some white to paint happy little wind blasts here. Just dab the brush along the base of al akir, and there you have it. THE GAYEST FIGHT EVER

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tryday View Post
    I must honestly confess I am always a little worried if those guilds do not get a boss down within 10-15 hours of trying. I think if a boss cannot be beaten in this time by guilds like Method or Blood Legion, he might be overtuned for us normal raiders out there. My guild as always managed to clear the heroic content more or less in time, but always before the next tier and when I imagine right now to be stuck on a boss for 20 hours or almost 2 days (so I assume around 20-30 hours of pure trying, although that might not be accurate) I could cry. This would mean 2 or 3 IDs of wiping on the same boss, and although I appreciate the challenge, I don't think I want to do that. For the last tier I felt let out a little bit, with normal modes often being too easy and heroic too difficult, I still haven't killed Sha. And I see this continuing in ToT. I know a lot of people wished for that, but also believe that this going on will create like a gap between normal and heroic, where guilds like mine, whom I would consider upper middle class raiders, to use that example, are left unsatisfied.
    I know our gear will probably be better once we reach Animus and so on, but am afraid that it will still be too hard.
    Consider that by the time us normal raiders reach it we will have better gear and strats will be readily available for everyone.

I do NOT want to be an ass but isnt it easier to "find" (Paragon did not find it they just reduced) 10 extremly good players than 25? I do not understand how there arent more 10man guilds competing.
    not for top guilds no, you think top 10 guilds have to carry some baddies around?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
    Consider that by the time us normal raiders reach it we will have better gear and strats will be readily available for everyone.
    Top ten is already in average of ~520 ilvl equipped. Brightleaf of Blood Legion has ilvl 529.

Quote Originally Posted by aGit View Post
    But the 25 world first is the best guild out there? I know this is not what you said or implied, i'm just pointing out that the argument goes both ways.
    Imo you can't proclaim to be the truly best guild in the world as long as you have guilds like method, blood legion and paraogon being so close in terms of progress. All you can really say is that you're either the best 10 or 25 man guild.

However you used to be able to say that you were the best guild in the world if you got world first on 25 man heroic, simply because no 10 man guilds were even close to the top 25 man guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegader View Post
    not for top guilds no, you think top 10 guilds have to carry some baddies around?
    You really don't think that in a 25 man guild, some players are slightly worse than others, even in the top top guilds of the world?

That's like saying the every player on a football team like barcelona or real madrid are all as good as messi and ronaldo.
    Last edited by scwasp; 2013-03-17 at 11:38 PM.

Paragon only recruits Finnish players.

BL, USA population: 313 million
    Paragon, Finland population: 5,3 million

Now, do the calculation of finding 10 world-best-players instead of 25, when your country has that few people.