Quote Originally Posted by Mikeshort View Post
    For the people who are interested, Method will be streaming bosses 1-8 once the servers come up in about 2 hours and 20 minutes.
    This is why I like Method

Why is method slacking?

10+ Year Old Account
    Killing normal bosses in between heroic ones. People still need gear.
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    Yep.
    So what?

My point is that watching two teams competing with roughly equal skills is more interesting than watching one team crush another.
    Moonz players are extremely good, yes. But not good enough to race against Paragon. They race behind Paragon. I hope in T16 they will be able to race against them
    I do not really think it's a question of how good they are. As far as i know Moonz only raid in the evening (i.e. 6pm-12pm). Actually, full day raiding does not seem to be that widespread among the hardcore guilds at all, in that only the current top 4-5 guilds are actually doing it. Imight be wrong here, as i my information is based only on the official channels.

Of course you are right in so far as Paragon will not have any really serious competition as long as they are the only 10 man guild doing full day raiding.

They kill the boss in heroic then kill it again with alts/leftovers.
    That way, they can switch two characters for some heroic bosses and still have each character doing 12/12 this week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilthresa View Post
    Amazing how much they have improved their rankings, maybe in a tier or two they will give paragon a good competitor in 10's
    hey and thanks for the praise.

we would really love to give the top5-10 guilds a real competition, especially paragon in 10man.
    and while i'd like to think that we could match many of those guilds when it comes to skill and strategy, we just can't invest as much time into raiding as they do.

right now, we're raiding 8 hours a day (16-24), which i personally (and many of us) feel is already a lot. in t14 it was 2 hours less but we cranked it up a little to see where it would get us in rankings.
    however, literally any other guild in the top10 is, on average, raiding 16 hours a day right now, unless i'm very mistaken. we just can't match that time investment so as much as we'd like to, we won't ever really be able to compete.

and honestly, all the 10man guilds that tried to raid these 16h+ days didn't last very long and we wouldn't be any different i'm sure.
    even with 8 hours a day we have trouble with real life "interference". we fell behind because friday and saturday we could only do progress for 3 hours each. and on sunday, one of our key players left the guild. he would have been our 3rd tank on Dark Animus so we pretty much had to skip that one.

so, to sum it up, count us out, we're just doing our thing to get through the content asap with as much fun and little burnout as possible and maybe tickle at the heels of paragon.

on a sidenote, t15 is amazing. i really love this tier and i'm looking forward to lei shen and ra-den.

regards,
    fela

p.s.: although P.R. isn't really our thing we might be releasing a video for twin emperors if i can clear it (unedited, cba ). we killed it 12 seconds after enrage so that's most likely where 25man's are wiping right now since enrage timers are traditionally less forgiving in 25man mode. however, it's no picnic in 10man either, at least with current gear levels (1st heroic ID). I'm sure it'll fall very quickly though with 2nd ID gear for the top 25mans.
    Last edited by mmocc23bbb0a5f; 2013-03-20 at 11:59 AM.

Thanks very much for the input. You've been doing a great job, I wish you lots of fun and progress in the future!

I do wonder why it would be harder for a 10man to keep an über-hardcore schedule of raiding hours during progress.
    Is it still the feeling of epicness and tradition attached to 25man? People who want to go for world firsts mostly join 25man group?

Deleted
    I think the current top 25 man guilds consist only of players that are used to raid like that, and probably are able to do such a harsh raiding scedule in general.
    Maybe there a ton of really amazing 10 man players, but you simply can put 10 of them together, and hope they can compete.
    Skill only gets you so far, most of all you need time, which some people just don't have.
    Even with "only" 8 hours a day, that leaves you unable to actually do anything but raid, if you do have a job for example.
    Not everyone can simply take a week or 2 off for each tier, else there would be much more competition, i'm sure.

If you're not student whos not currently studying for some finals/tests, who can pretty much decide how much time to spend on things aside from WoW, you will never be able to compete.
    To be able to compete with the best players in the world, while only having half the time (or even less) would mean your skill needs to be on a whole other level and i simply doubt those players really exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshitsuna View Post
    I think the current top 25 man guilds consist only of players that are used to raid like that, and probably are able to do such a harsh raiding scedule in general.
    Maybe there a ton of really amazing 10 man players, but you simply can put 10 of them together, and hope they can compete.
    Skill only gets you so far, most of all you need time, which some people just don't have.
    Even with "only" 8 hours a day, that leaves you unable to actually do anything but raid, if you do have a job for example.
    Not everyone can simply take a week or 2 off for each tier, else there would be much more competition, i'm sure.

If you're not student whos not currently studying for some finals/tests, who can pretty much decide how much time to spend on things aside from WoW, you will never be able to compete.
    To be able to compete with the best players in the world, while only having half the time (or even less) would mean your skill needs to be on a whole other level and i simply doubt those players really exist.
    Tbh Skill>Time. If you have to skill you'll be able to kill the bosses even though you can't raid as much as other guilds. However if you lack the skill to kill a boss it wont matter how much time you spend on it. With that said, I understand the point you're trying to make.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skallfraktur View Post
    Tbh Skill>Time. If you have to skill you'll be able to kill the bosses even though you can't raid as much as other guilds. However if you lack the skill to kill a boss it wont matter how much time you spend on it. With that said, I understand the point you're trying to make.
    That's true for maybe guilds past top 500 or something, but not for the top 10 for example.
    You can't simply outclass Paragon, Method, BL and the like by such a huge margain, to compensate for raiding only half as much.

Ofc skill > time overall, but not for worldfirst contenders.
    Last edited by mmoca12629082d; 2013-03-20 at 12:58 PM.

Also remember that individual skill doesn't translate to progression success. Michael Jordan didn't win any titles until he had Scottie Pippen, ditto LeBron James with Dwyane Wade. You may have Neo-like raiding skills, but without the practice and effort of working with the other 9/24 players, you won't be a top 10 guild.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow, Sco/Method is awesome for streaming this.

edit: except for that picture on Sco's wall and his double breast pocket shirt
    Last edited by Toxigen; 2013-03-20 at 01:06 PM.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post

What do you mean. Zyzz is awesome

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post

It is nice to follow their raid, very nice but indeed that shirt make me wanne puke
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

How can Sco work a Finance job, finish his last year at university and raid 15+ hours a day during progression? O_O

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scot View Post
    How can Sco work a Finance job, finish his last year at university and raid 15+ hours a day during progression? O_O
    maybe home office? In his stream you can see him checking multiple screens almost all the time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scot View Post
    Maybe a few days off?

Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post

Their statement was not exactly "Ragnaros 25HM is harder than Ragnaros 10HM".
    They aknowledged that transition phases and P4 were difficult for different reasons in 10-man and 25-man.
    But, yeah, the dps/hps needed was less important in 10HM than in 25HM. But the mechanics weren't easier in 10-man.
    of course some dps checks were easier on 10man. they fucking went with what, two boomkins, restodruid, demolock and DK, all geared way more than any real 10man guild could have, of course for example adds were pushover for them. they would have another 50+ wipes too, if they went with ele, enha and retri instead of those AoE powerhouses.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    of course some dps checks were easier on 10man. they fucking went with what, two boomkins, restodruid, demolock and DK, all geared way more than any real 10man guild could have, of course for example adds were pushover for them. they would have another 50+ wipes too, if they went with ele, enha and retri instead of those AoE powerhouses.
    And 25-man would be harder if they didn't stack ideal classes, but they're a world first guild. They stack the best classes period in either difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by tryday View Post
    maybe home office? In his stream you can see him checking multiple screens almost all the time
    many gamers have 2-3 screens