Poll: Would you eat meat if you had to kill it yourself

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    At school we had a meat shop and I helped clean/cut the meat sometimes, so yes I could do it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    Don't forget the kangaroos. It's fun to hide in their pouches.
    Oh don't think I didn't consider them! I'm just not too sure on how kangaroos handle -20 degrees celsius

Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    Don't forget the kangaroos. It's fun to hide in their pouches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Oh don't think I didn't consider them! I'm just not too sure on how kangaroos handle -20 degrees celsius
    try fencing them in
    Why join the navy when you can be a pirate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    At school we had a meat shop and I helped clean/cut the meat sometimes, so yes I could do it.
    What sort of school does this Quite amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    My family comes from the countryside, so yeah.

I can still hear the lambs.

Deleted
    After seeing the documentary Earthlings i never ate meat again, and i would never be able to kill an animal for a food.

You might say you could kill an animal yourself but it's extremely horrid to see an animal in that much pain where it is just screaming the entire time. I don't think people realize that it's not just the food you should think about but the fact that animals, just like humans, do experience pain and do scream when they are hurt.

Watch Earthlings!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katheryn View Post
    After seeing the documentary Earthlings i never ate meat again, and i would never be able to kill an animal for a food.

You might say you could kill an animal yourself but it's extremely horrid to see an animal in that much pain where it is just screaming the entire time. I don't think people realize that it's not just the food you should think about but the fact that animals, just like humans, do experience pain and do scream when they are hurt.

Watch Earthlings!
    pretty sure you wouldnt say that if it was a bear or a cougar or lion. those animals are more than capable of defending themselves.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    pretty sure you wouldnt say that if it was a bear or a cougar or lion. those animals are more than capable of defending themselves.
    I will keep that in mind next time i take a walk in an area that has bears/lions. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Katheryn View Post

Watch Earthlings!
    every time someone says this all i think of is another animal tearing another animal apart whilst it still alive

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    Would you eat meat if you had to kill it yourself?

I would i have no problem killing domesticated animals or animals in plague proportions. So yes i would do this so i can eat meat
    Absolutely! Infact, I'd love to be able to kill what I need to eat, it'd give it a much greater sense of accomplishment and satisfaction.

the times iv fished iv gutted it, filleted it, and ate it. granted thats a fish but the same would go for like a wild boar. which is the only animal i would not mind hunting to oblivion and eating it.

Deleted
    Yes, I would. Not likely I'd kill an animal though, would prefer someone else to handle that.

I have and would. Living in the middle of a large city would make it a challenge now though. This is something I think most ppl should do in one way or another. Ppl should know where their food comes from, meat and produce.

---------- Post added 2013-03-11 at 12:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    My family comes from the countryside, so yeah.

I can still hear the lambs.
    Talk to Hannibal he can help with that.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I'd starve if I had to kill any food myself.

Probably not. Not really worth it.

Sure. I've always had more compassion for animals than for people, but I'm still quite willing to hunt. I'm far too fond of meat to give it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Yes, I would. Not likely I'd kill an animal though, would prefer someone else to handle that.
    wait is this a yes or no? you said yes, but then said it isn't likely you wouldn't kill and animal and want someone else to do it which would be no?
    Last edited by TheBeardedOne; 2013-03-11 at 07:50 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    My dad is a butcher and hunter, we kill all our own food (including me), have killed countless of animals.

And i dont regret it at all or feel sorry about it, u know 10k's years ago u had to kill all animals yourselfe to be able to survive.

That piece of flesh on your table every day was once alive, people like to forget that
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Saw a deer after gutting, only saw fish get gutted, i'd be okay killing animals out of necessity. Probably will have issues when its the first time gutting and skinnin', but eventually i'll get used to it.

and whoever said that their school had a meat shop, talk about getting fresh meat for lunch!

Deleted
    If that's the case, no. Too much of a hassle. I'd rather eat cherries and carrots for the rest of my life.
    Last edited by mmoc0f233d9eb1; 2013-03-11 at 08:50 AM.