Deleted

Looking for Enha shaman PvP guide.

Hey guys!

So i am struggling with enha shaman in PvP, i know what spells to use in what situation and wich not but with certain things i am not sure and i keep wondering everytime i play the spec.

Couple of questions, Fire shock or earth shock ? Glyph of flame shock or wolf glyph ? Certain stuff like this.

If any1 know a good guide or any1 can give me a good rotation on wich when and what to use. That would be great.

I know in PvP there isn't a " rotation " but i mean generally use what spells and what not.

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    Hey guys!

So i am struggling with enha shaman in PvP, i know what spells to use in what situation and wich not but with certain things i am not sure and i keep wondering everytime i play the spec.

Couple of questions, Fire shock or earth shock ? Glyph of flame shock or wolf glyph ? Certain stuff like this.

If any1 know a good guide or any1 can give me a good rotation on wich when and what to use. That would be great.

I know in PvP there isn't a " rotation " but i mean generally use what spells and what not.

Thanks in advance!
    Though i do not know of an Enh sham pvp guide,But i can attempt to answer some of the questions you listed.

All your shocks are situational. If you can pure dps without the need to hardswitch or CC (can actualy hex during it due to the nature of hex) you wan't to keep flame shock up primarily each unleash elements to get that extra fire damage on it. The initial damage with unleash elements is only slightly less than earth shock so with the DoT mechanic it overtakes earth shock in overall dps/damage.

For the glyph question, due to the state of enh shams mobility ghost wolf glyph is almost required.

Enh shams are one of the few classes i would say there is somewhat of a rotation in pvp because we really only have 2 melee attacks. Unleashed fury last time i checked is still the best talent to pick, so to start off with unleash elements into a storm strike is optimal for the most damage. Obviously Lava lash with 5 stacks takes priority outside of ascendance. And as i said, shocks are situational.

From what you've said you have been struggling with your enh sham pvp so i thought i would include some tips be they helpful or not i don't know since i don't know what level you are at.

From my experience enh shams have the furthest melee range out of any melee (could be wrong just from my experience thats what its seemed) So vs other melee make use of frost shock snare and stand barely on melee range as you by past still barely in melee range you can actually get an attack off from behind if done correctly.

Kiting has gotten arguabley better since cata i say this because our ability to get of melee range as been decreased but the amount of pressure we can put out from range has gone up. Make use of that, Fire ele now usable in arena wolves still shitty but do a fair amount of damage over their duration no minimum range requirement on frost shack. Somewhat controllable stun with totemic projection.

Almost all maelstrom stacks will go into healing. Every so often you will hex rarely will you lightning bolt. The damage just does not justify the cost. Even if you are full 5 stacks and everyone is topped off i would hold up on lightning bolting unless unleash fury is up.

Some people havn't realized this, storm strikes cd resets upon Ascendance activation, so be sure to storm strike if you can befor poping ascendance.

Again, don't know where your skill level is out so most if not all of this could be quite nooby information but i hope i helped a little bit. Us enh shams gotta stick together.

Thank you for those answers that helps me

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Fire shock is very situational, as Cora said, use only on classes who are able to go invisible / rogue, mage, druid maybe /. Even on them, you do not have to keep it up 24/7, if you play enough, you will get the "sometimes around now they will vanish" feel.

Keeping up a earthshock buff can be helpfull but it dosen't matter much, i would say frost shock stands above anything in arena, roots on shock is one of the best talents in the game. For dps, earthshock is the best.

Personally i use the sprint -25% cd / ghost wolf / mw bonus heal gylphs, by my experience they are the best. The flame shock glyph could be really good against BM hunters, that heal with spread out flame shock could be really nice, but for everyone else, its kinda meh, and then you would be forced to keep the shock dot up on your target, making you less burst dmg, also the healing on single target isn't worth it at all.

I would say, generally use everything. There isn't a single spell in our spellbook, which is worthless, other than chain heal. Kiting made lot easier since the cd reduction to our sprint, i suggest you to "train" that a lot in bgs, just run around warriors, time your stone bulwark, your roots, your sprint, you literally cannot be hit by him if you get used to it. It helps in arena by lot in 2v2.

The tough thing is that we are really really gear dependent, until you get some decent pvp ilvl gear, you will feel, you do nothing. But the moment you got the gear, you will notice, that you can solo people without big CDs, even win fights 1v2, 1v3, aslong as there is no healer. If they have healer, you run.
    Last edited by Darksoldierr; 2013-03-12 at 06:15 PM.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Hello,

I recently came back to playing roughly two months ago, and within that time I was able to gear and enhancement and pug my way to roughly 2k in rbgs ( mostly dreadful) and around 1900 in 3s (resto druid, fire mage, me) as enhancement. Since the patch I feel as if enhancement has become even better,(pvp power changes now granting bonus ~16% healing) I have been playing nothing but randoms as enhancement (black listing AV/IOC) and I am continually dominating alliance left and right. Like many of the others said, a large part of our toolkit is a plethora of utility skills. Most BGs as enhancement you should easily be within top 3 on dmg, and within top 3 on healing, regardless of the number of healers. Respectable numbers around 14M/7M(for say an AB game of average length).

As for talents, I would disagree with some of the people above.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#slE|NLu0Vc

This is the spec I use in all situations. Given the recent change to sprint, I really don't see the reason for speccing a terrible DR root from FS any longer. WW totem is a beautiful spell for pvp, it is an aoe freedom with a 1 minute cooldown. And coupled with sprint, it is the perfect get away tool, or secure a kill tool.

As for play style, there is indeed a rotation, regardless of the above posters. The majority of pvp, on any class, is learning to execute rotation flawlessly while performing all the utility spells you need at that time. Look for a simple rotation post within these forums to learn to maximize your DPS sustained. (without cooldowns popped).

As for while you are whacking away at some other player, you will indeed have many gaps in your rotation due to excessively lower amounts of haste on pvp gear. (yes i said haste, even though reforging into mastery will give greater burst, you will lose out on easily 15kdps to another player during non cooldown up-time) During these gaps in your rotation is when you should be using all of your utility buttons. By far, in my mind, the most iconic pvp spell of a shaman is grounding totem, learn it use it love it. Another spell that is rather important for enhancement is HST totem, although it only heals roughly 6K non crit per tick, that still adds up over the 15 second duration. Also Depending on gear, healing rain can actually perform more single target healing than a flash heal. While you are maximizing DPS, if using my spec, you might notice that the enemy is momentarily not snared, you can even use earth bind totem to save shock cooldown for something that hits a little harder. Totemic projection is not on the global cooldown, and is necessary for spells like capacitor totem.

All of these are just simple examples, playing the shaman class you should be able to notice that we are a 'jack of all trades' so to speak. If you have recently started playing shaman, or recently started playing again, I would first recommend first opening your spell book and re-reading all the spells you think you remember.

A lot of classes, especially shamans, have changed heavily since the release of MOP. One large change, is the ability for many classes to be able to 'global others' with every one of their cooldowns popped. Unfortunately you rolled enhancement, so you are part of a class that is sometimes overlook in terms of 500k burst in 2 globals. I personally reforge for maximizing haste->crit->mastery. With this spec, and with proper uptime on an enemy player, I easily can have 5 stacks of maelstrom every 5-7 seconds without SS and LL. As to the people who said 'don't use lightning bolt it is a waste of a global', this is not true. If you are fine on HP your priority should be maximizing DPS to get a kill. Ontop of that, these people who say this are most likely the people who tell others to reforge mastery, which is a direct increase to LB cast from maelstrom.

One Large difference playing enhancement, as say compared to my rogue, is that I have roughly 35+ keybindings, compared to maybe 18 or so. Enhancement has an extremely high skill cap with concerns to button mashing and maximizing uptime/dps. I would honestly recommend that you whack away at a target dummy until you can perform your rotation fluidly without even looking. I personally use cooldowns such as Stormlash/Ascendance when I am going for a kill. With sustained pressure from capacitor totems/purge/interupts you can draw all of the pesky cooldowns out of enemies, and then pop ascendance when going for the kill.

Hopefully my rant helps a little in your quest to learning enhancement, I prefer this spec in terms of fun in pvp. As many others have said, playing resto is a much lower skill cap, so if you are just looking to push 2.2K+ this season you might want to looking into rerolling. I personally have played all 3 specs rather high in arena (2K+ all, 2200+ resto) and all of the specs to at least 2k in rbgs (2.3K resto). Although I am not a R1 player such as jahmilli in terms of enhancement pvp, while attempting to be humble I can see I outperform 90% of the other enhancers I see.

Deleted
    Thanks all for the answers I was about to reroll my alt to a lock but you guys changed my mind once again! <3

I am currently Enha/Ele specced and indeed my DMG is ok. Thanks for the tips all and i will look for it <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hopethisnameisnottaken View Post

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#slE|NLu0Vc

This is the spec I use in all situations. Given the recent change to sprint, I really don't see the reason for speccing a terrible DR root from FS any longer. WW totem is a beautiful spell for pvp, it is an aoe freedom with a 1 minute cooldown. And coupled with sprint, it is the perfect get away tool, or secure a kill tool.
    Gotta disagree that FS root is terrible, despite DR. In addition, I would argue the change to our Spirit Walk CD actually swung the dial even further from WW totem...remember our sprint is also a movement impairment escape, now on a 1 min CD (45 sec w glyph). WW is nice for even more freedoms, but Spirit Walk kind of fills that niche much better than it did before. Honestly I have a hard time w/e I try going without Frozen Power.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Hi, I made one in 5.1. Mostly the same stuff, except for the viable comp section.

Multi-Glad 2700+ enhance shaman
    Enhance shaman PvP Guide: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/11040394000

DEAL WITH IT - Check out my Youtube