Deleted

TOR Panel at SXSW (Video)

The 4 Horsemen of TOR's apocalypse:

1) Jeff Hickman (Death)
    2) Damion Schubert (War)
    3) Blaine Christine (Famine)
    4) Dallas Dickinson (Pestilence)

22mins of smoke, 2 mirrors and 0.78 grams of 'soon'.

What I got from it may differ to you though so enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOagbv9eAfc

10+ Year Old Account
    Hehe... Its like a whose who of who has not been laid off yet.

I do miss "the Hickman" from WAR's glorious Beta days. Before the dark times. Before the empir- I mean, launch.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Hehe... Its like a whose who of who has not been laid off yet.
    Dallas Dickinson is a survivor!!!

Having had a big hand in SWG's NGE balls-up he then went onto TOR to recreate his particular brand of magic

I still remember his posts on the SWG forums trying to tell us players that the NGE had been 'well received'...this was January 2006 (2 months after the 'upgrade' and a few weeks into the mass exodus, 75% of my friend's list disappeared in the first month). Apparently I can still harbor a grudge about it

EDIT: I know I'm being unfair.
    Last edited by mmoc3d23c7f243; 2013-03-11 at 02:14 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't have my headphones at work today, but if Jamos is posting this with the reaction he has...I should probably not even watch this or I will get very, very angry. I like your analogy of the horseman...probably very accurate.
    BAD WOLF

"How many of you have played star wars the old republic? *long pause* ... um"

^ THE BEST PART

AHAHAHAHAH "Come back"

OMG "It FEELS like it's a personal story. But it's not."
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-03-11 at 03:23 PM.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    "there will be an announcement about when we can announce"

Deleted
    Straight answers, when will they learn that players want straight answers instead of "soon"

Deleted
    Wow 2 min to just say "No" on the Class quests.
    My god this guys suck. So much BSing under 22min. just WOOOOW!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zargs View Post
    Wow 2 min to just say "No" on the Class quests.
    My god this guys suck. So much BSing under 22min. just WOOOOW!
    The saddest part is that if any of these guys get scooped into a new MMO's development? The publisher will act that is actually a good thing.

Yes I'm being unfair too but, come on, TOR left so much wreckage in its wake. This mumorpuger had just about everything a game could possibly hope for, going for it, during development and they still managed to screw it up.

Deleted
    These idiots seem to be under the impression that they are popular and that the community is really positive about the future of the game. They seem almost cultish in their misguided positivity. Listen to their talk about going F2P circa 13:30

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just started watching this...it took like 15 seconds for them to start saying we have all this awesome information on this piece of paper and our PR people told me not to give you this information, but I'm going to do it anyways. Then he proceeds to start talking about something and say, j/k I'm giong to tell you how beautiful these volcano things we have are...then how volcanoes will further the 'story'.

.....like..are they doped out of their minds when they do these things? Then they go on about how important story is, bioware = story, only to finally say there's basically no story.

This is moving from comical levels of ridiculous to mind insulting, infuriating, rage inducing communications. Someone please kill it, kill it with fire.

PS: Game launches, bioware priases themselves on how they are different because of class stories

gets asked about class stories for RotHC, now says they are incredibly difficult to do and they are going a different direction.

There's not one thing they do or say that makes sense anymore.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2013-03-12 at 03:53 PM.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    There's not one thing they do or say that makes sense anymore.
    If there is one thing the last year has probably taught these four? Its that not a single one of them is not completely, absolutely, and one hundred percent, expendable. Their continued employment at BioWare hangs by a thread and I doubt any of them are under any delusions otherwise at this point. EA could tell them to say the sky is green, the stars are jelly beans, and I bet they could wax poetic about how lovely it is to have emerald skies and stars that are not only tasty, but chewy too.

Its hardly like the job market is overly kind to the developers of flopped mumorpugers anymore either. Nor may they have been far enough up the totem poll to have golden parachutes like the good doctors did. So, yeah, unless they want to take their chances with kickstarter they'll say whatever the hell EA tells them to say and keep that used car salesman smile on their faces the whole time.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2013-03-12 at 04:31 PM.

As someone who played TOR for a good 4-5 months I couldn't even watch that video past him waving the paper in the first 40sec or whatever. They took a dump on the license (at a Lucasian level) and made a game that was not fun. That's my opinion but their is a reason I don't give them my money or time anymore.

Deleted
    It's funny how they can talk for 20 mins about nothing. "It's awesome, you will see soon! Also, we have many cool features that we will announce at some point!"