Mobo not SLI compatible?

Hi Everyone,

I recently built my first gaming rig, and am extremely happy with the results. It does everything I need plus some, so that is really not the question. I really want to upgrade to a 3 monitor setup (something I had planned on from the beginning), but I think I made a fatal error when purchasing my mobo. For my motherboard, I bought an ASUS P8Z77-V LX (http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...?EdpNo=2406888), and GPU is an EVGA 660TI superclock (http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...?EdpNo=3755049). In order to use three monitors, I would need to buy another GPU, but it looks like I bought the wrong mobo to support this. The mobo I bought only says that it is CrossfireX ready, not SLI ready.

So here is the question… Is this mobo SLI compatible and I’m just missing something? If not, is there any kind of work-around to get it to work (thinking BIOS setting, etc etc)? Am I really stuck buying a new mobo or 2 AMD cards (blech)?

I appreciate any and all help that can be provided =)

You need the P8Z77-V LK model or higher to use SLI.

GTX600 series support 3 monitors with single card.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Will a 660TI be able to support 3 monitors @ 1080P? Even then, I think I would need to use the standard display port for 1 f the monitors, and that wouldn't be able to be full HD I don't think...

Can support? Yes. Playable? Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by lordsphinx View Post
    Will a 660TI be able to support 3 monitors @ 1080P? Even then, I think I would need to use the standard display port for 1 f the monitors, and that wouldn't be able to be full HD I don't think...
    I have two monitors hooked on DVI ports and third with HDMI. Not playing on three monitors though, it's just TV in other room plugged into HDMI.

You can certainly play on three monitors with the card, but will require putting settings way down. Not even single GTX680 or R7970 can handle three monitors at ultra settings.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

I have a 660TI and I use DVI for the first two and HDMI for the third. It runs fine.

Quote Originally Posted by hatestorm View Post
    I have a 660TI and I use DVI for the first two and HDMI for the third. It runs fine.
    You'll need to elaborate on the settings. Because they sure as hell aren't 5760*1080 @ full ultra

I have two monitors hooked on DVI ports and third with HDMI. Not playing on three monitors though, it's just TV in other room plugged into HDMI.

You can certainly play on three monitors with the card, but will require putting settings way down. Not even single GTX680 or R7970 can handle three monitors at ultra settings.
    That's what I figured, and is why I wanted to run 2 in SLI. I've become very used to playing @ ultra settings, and going backwards for me would be counterproductive. Looks like a new mobo is going to have to be the way to go.