Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    people on my realm are getting bored of those dailies so fast im not even sure we'll reach 3rd stage ever^^ went from 80% alliance participation during 1st week to 43% now , and its heavy aliance dominated realm aswell...

Anyone else feel like progression through the Isle is too slow?
    If I'm not mistaken, there are 6 stages total and so far realms are not even finished completing 2.
    I guess I'm hungry for content, especially considering that with the Commendation at Revered, I have already achieved exalted with the Kirin Tor Offensive, greatly lowering my will to continue with the dailies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pouponu View Post
    Anyone else feel like progression through the Isle is too slow?
    If I'm not mistaken, there are 6 stages total and so far realms are not even finished completing 2.
    I guess I'm hungry for content, especially considering that with the Commendation at Revered, I have already achieved exalted with the Kirin Tor Offensive, greatly lowering my will to continue with the dailies.
    it's going to basicly work 1 stage per week at that rate. Do I think it's too slow? - yeah kinda, for something that isn't supert exciting, a month would be better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Malfurion-US:
    Stage 2 - 76% completion and 46% Horde participation
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

10+ Year Old Account
    StormscaleUS 74% zzzzz...

Hope the other steps don't take as long to unlock.

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    it's going to basicly work 1 stage per week at that rate. Do I think it's too slow? - yeah kinda, for something that isn't supert exciting, a month would be better.
    Not to nitpick here, but wouldn't it become just ignore the island after doing so and do Nalak every week then go back to waiting for the raid. What this is trying to do is build server unity and have people work together, though it's failing at that part. 6 weeks is the estimated time which would roughly be a month and a half.

Haha, I've been waiting for people to start complaining about how useless the Sunreaver rep is. We reap what we sow I suppose.

As for island unlock rate, it's one of the major features of the patch. If it were very fast, it wouldn't feel epic at all and we'd all just be raid logging until 5.3. It's an MMO, content is designed to last more than 2 weeks.

@Daily reset today, Zangarmarsh is at 79%, with alliance participation is at 46%

10+ Year Old Account
    Burning Blade last i saw was 70% in to stage 2 with 29% participation

Quote Originally Posted by MordorFires View Post
    Haha, I've been waiting for people to start complaining about how useless the Sunreaver rep is. We reap what we sow I suppose.

As for island unlock rate, it's one of the major features of the patch. If it were very fast, it wouldn't feel epic at all and we'd all just be raid logging until 5.3. It's an MMO, content is designed to last more than 2 weeks.
    I totally agree with you on the point that to feel epic it should last longer; however, this fails in design when the INDIVIDUAL rep (Kirin Tor or Sunreaver) can potentially be completed in under 2 weeks while the server-wide goal takes 6. Personally, although I do feel some sense of community within my realm, I have lost almost all motivation to complete dailies now that I am exalted.
    Not that I necessarilywant more dailies, but I think maybe if Blizzard had designed it such that the Individual rep took 4 weeks and the whole island unlocked in 5, that might have been a better balance. You would still be able to skip dailies a few times, but it would feel like your personal help was actually progressing the island.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    They are useless because people complained about dailies being mandatory.
    they are useless because they cost valor. if those 496 were for, lets say, elder charms, alts or mains that need to fill some slots that never dopped for them would absolutely love this rep, if it meant they could keep the valor for 522 stuff.

I just want the damn Thunder forge to unlock so my blacksmith can start getting the plate recipes.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    stopped doing dailies and letting everyone else do work for me :P

im over with dailys, so no real thrill to me when it all gets unlocked
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.

US-Frostmourne - Stage 2 - 84% Complete
    32% Alliance Participation.

Deleted
    EU-Thunderhorn Horde - Stage 2 - 85% complete - 39% participation - CET 4:20 pm

EU Twisting Nether - 84% and 52% participation. Tomorrow stage 3, yay!

Deleted
    US shadow council 81% and 38% horde participation. ( ally 77% - 33% participation)

Quote Originally Posted by Pouponu View Post
    I totally agree with you on the point that to feel epic it should last longer; however, this fails in design when the INDIVIDUAL rep (Kirin Tor or Sunreaver) can potentially be completed in under 2 weeks while the server-wide goal takes 6. Personally, although I do feel some sense of community within my realm, I have lost almost all motivation to complete dailies now that I am exalted.
    Not that I necessarilywant more dailies, but I think maybe if Blizzard had designed it such that the Individual rep took 4 weeks and the whole island unlocked in 5, that might have been a better balance. You would still be able to skip dailies a few times, but it would feel like your personal help was actually progressing the island.
    The problem is that if it takes 6 weeks to get exalted, the other side would whine why the need so long to get to exalted.
    What i would rather like to see if there is a next time is that items should be unlocked on reputation and stage. We see all the items, but they also need that we completed the quest to unlock the next stage: One item per reputation and stage:

1 item at friendly without requirement, 1 item with friendly and after completed Allies in the Shadow and so on.

We can see what item we get if we unlock the next stage, and what reputation we need.
    Mounts only get unlocked at exalted and ending the last stage.

This would keep all motivated even when the reached exalted.
    Last edited by Velerios; 2013-03-17 at 09:59 PM.

You can argue about if it was good or bad, but the Molten Front dailies design kept people much longer busy. I am no fan of dailies, but with a goal in sight, I actually did the Molten Front ones on multiple characters. My main (tailor), my leatherworker, my blacksmith, my engineer. one by one for weeks I did dailies to unlock the very much usefull and vanity stuff. The problem with Isle of Thunder, is that there is not much to gain from dailies.
    Doing a daily hc and scenario with an alt already nets you over 2k of rep. Do 2 days of dailies and the hc and scenario, and you are honored.
    But the problem is, there are not many rewards to keep doing them. Most of the gear that you can buy as a reward, you could have bought in 5.1 or won in LFR. Most casual players who bought all valor gear (cloak for example), bought the 489 version months ago, and probably upgraded it with their excessive valor to 497. If the reward from a new faction 5 months later is about the same, it feels a bit crappy.

I feel that there is no personal goal on the island anymore for my main. Molten Front gave me something to work to, and I actually enjoyed it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nohara View Post
    You can argue about if it was good or bad, but the Molten Front dailies design kept people much longer busy. I am no fan of dailies, but with a goal in sight, I actually did the Molten Front ones on multiple characters. My main (tailor), my leatherworker, my blacksmith, my engineer. one by one for weeks I did dailies to unlock the very much usefull and vanity stuff. The problem with Isle of Thunder, is that there is not much to gain from dailies.
    Doing a daily hc and scenario with an alt already nets you over 2k of rep. Do 2 days of dailies and the hc and scenario, and you are honored.
    But the problem is, there are not many rewards to keep doing them. Most of the gear that you can buy as a reward, you could have bought in 5.1 or won in LFR. Most casual players who bought all valor gear (cloak for example), bought the 489 version months ago, and probably upgraded it with their excessive valor to 497. If the reward from a new faction 5 months later is about the same, it feels a bit crappy.

I feel that there is no personal goal on the island anymore for my main. Molten Front gave me something to work to, and I actually enjoyed it.
    yeah you're right, I just did it for mount and achievement, but for people who doesnt care about this stuff, there's nothing to gain really, because buying that gear is just stupid when you have 522 from shado pan offensive.
    I admit I like new dailies, but there's just lack of long term incentive, 1 new quest (solo scenario) a week is way too slow, compare to rapid story progress in 5.1 with Shieldwall. I wish there was more of this stuff in 5.2