Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Bg queue times broken since 5.2

Ever since 5.2 the queue times as horde went from 2-3 minutes to 7-10 minutes? What's going on, what did blizzard fuck up this time?

Nothing wrong there, maybe just not enoug in the queue? Average in my battlegroup is 4-10 mins. Blizzard didn't do anything to the queue times, maybe it's because people can't be bothered until the season starts? I don't know.
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    R.I.P Project 'Titan' - My curious mind will still think of you!

Hey, everyone, it's about time we get another whiny aggressive "Blizzard fucks things up" thread!

And on a serious note, they have the right to make a mistake, especially when they release such a great patch overall.
    Also, my queue is k. Sorry, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Nothing wrong there, maybe just not enoug in the queue? Average in my battlegroup is 4-10 mins. Blizzard didn't do anything to the queue times, maybe it's because people can't be bothered until the season starts? I don't know.
    So now people can finally buy pvp gear that isn't 2 tiers behind and they... can't be bothered and pvp less than they did before the patch when you couldn't do anything with honor? Uhh..

Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    Hey, everyone, it's about time we get another whiny aggressive "Blizzard fucks things up" thread!

And on a serious note, they have the right to make a mistake, especially when they release such a great patch overall.
    Also, my queue is k. Sorry, dude.
    Heya fanboy! How is it going?

On a serious note, on average they fuck up bg queues every 2nd patch... I also don't know what's so great about this patch. More dailies, no new dungeons, enha shit as ever, pvp gear grind as stupid as last season, the few cc that they nerfed was compensated by adding even more shit to others.. and I'm not even biased.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    So now people can finally buy pvp gear that isn't 2 tiers behind and they... can't be bothered and pvp less than they did before the patch when you couldn't do anything with honor? Uhh..

On a serious note, on average they fuck up bg queues every 2nd patch... I also don't know what's so great about this patch. More dailies, no new dungeons, enha shit as ever, pvp gear grind as stupid as last season, the few cc that they nerfed was compensated by adding even more shit to others.. and I'm not even biased.
    First of all, do avoid appointing people as fan boys or the like, just because we enjoy something you don't.

You point out a very small shard of the patch as your problem, you should really just grow some patience. Long queues also appear if too many queue up, maybe people are capping their honor in prep for the new season. So suck up and wait till it's your turn. There's no red carpet, no flowers for you or a reserved seat. There's not even a problem with the queues as I've noticed, and I play on EU and US.

So problem is just patience?`And yes, CC got nerfed and I know, I am one of the oens that feel it alot. So what if classes appear as shit, there is always some tweaks missing when a large content patch + new season is released. HECK, patch hasn't even been here for a week yet. SO SIT THE HELL DOWN, ACT LIKE A GROWN UP AND WAIT FOR YOUR TURN IN LINE!

That was alot of serious notes right there.. All of it functioning facts. Dailies are needed so they don't just feed you with boring content. You can't expect new dungeons really, you are giving a huge raid in return and multiple features.

And adding more as you say, "shit", isn't a good enough use of words. They have changed alot around and that is very normal, so do like a human, adapt to the changes we see.

Brewmaster
    .. and I'm not even biased.
    This bit made me laugh.

OT: Maybe you are getting longer queues because more horde are PvPing since the patch. Horde queues have always been longer because there are more horde players pvping (at least on my battle group) If there are more of one faction pvping it takes longer to match up groups against the opposite faction simply because there isn't anyone available for them to play against as the alliance are all already in BG's. 1000 horde will get longer queues than 500 alliance.

Blizzard haven't stuffed up anything with the pvp queues, they are working perfectly.

Ever since 5.2 the queue times as horde went from 2-3 minutes to 7-10 minutes? What's going on, what did blizzard fuck up this time?
    Well, with 5.2, suddenly honor gear is the best way to get a new character raid ready. So I would guess a lot of fresh horde characters are in those BGs, honor farming.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler

lol, did blizzard screw up the system...

No, mainly, I'd say, it's because of your faction imbalance. One side has many more than the other. That's not to say there isn't more queueing than before on each side: I'm sure there is. There's just that there is so much more horde that returned to do it in 5.2 than Alliance. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by beNN View Post
    I do not promote pedophilia, however I find the Pedobear character to be amusing and funny.

Horde here and my BG queues are still 3/4 minutes on my 90s and my lock and rogue are getting pretty much instant queues in the 85-89 bracket. If this is Blizzard fucking BG queues I wish they would get round to fucking up the bot situation and the abundance of CC.

First of all, do avoid appointing people as fan boys or the like, just because we enjoy something you don't.

You point out a very small shard of the patch as your problem, you should really just grow some patience. Long queues also appear if too many queue up, maybe people are capping their honor in prep for the new season. So suck up and wait till it's your turn. There's no red carpet, no flowers for you or a reserved seat. There's not even a problem with the queues as I've noticed, and I play on EU and US.

So problem is just patience?`And yes, CC got nerfed and I know, I am one of the oens that feel it alot. So what if classes appear as shit, there is always some tweaks missing when a large content patch + new season is released. HECK, patch hasn't even been here for a week yet. SO SIT THE HELL DOWN, ACT LIKE A GROWN UP AND WAIT FOR YOUR TURN IN LINE!

That was alot of serious notes right there.. All of it functioning facts. Dailies are needed so they don't just feed you with boring content. You can't expect new dungeons really, you are giving a huge raid in return and multiple features.

And adding more as you say, "shit", isn't a good enough use of words. They have changed alot around and that is very normal, so do like a human, adapt to the changes we see.
    You enjoy long queues? :S Yes, I pointed out a small problem, but one that's been reoccuring for so long it's not acceptable anymore. I could list more, but I'm not interested in other problems in this topic. I've been patient for a long time and I still am. But I find it absurd that I can't expect at least one new dungeon every patch or that I need to wait an expac or more to fix the worst specs. Also you said they added multiple new features.. which ones? Skirmishes still aren't back (new feature trololol), realms are still empty, noone ever casts, cc overall didn't get lowered as you said at all, etc etc offtopic.

So back on topic, all of you are just guessing at best that there are so much more hordes in queue that it made the wait time double. Or do you think that maybe those changes they made to bg queues in 5.2 had anything to do with it? You know what I'm talking about, do you? Nah, better just randomly guess and say it's facts, it has to be horde queueing too much and you're not aware of any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    Blizzard haven't stuffed up anything with the pvp queues, they are working perfectly.
    "Hey blizzard, I just want to tell you stampede damage is bugged in arena."

- "We're not aware of any issues, if you believe something is wrong report it on the forum, yadayada."

one month passes...

"WE JUST DISCOVERED A BUG THAT MADE STAMPEDE DO 4 TIMES THE DMG IN ARENA, HOTFIX THIS AFTERNOON!"

people cheering

---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 11:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    Horde here and my BG queues are still 3/4 minutes on my 90s and my lock and rogue are getting pretty much instant queues in the 85-89 bracket. If this is Blizzard fucking BG queues I wish they would get round to fucking up the bot situation and the abundance of CC.
    I had about 8 minute queues on average during this weekend on multiple chars queueing alone and with a friend, not sure what's going on.

They actually did fix bots though. It took them forever and a expac to do it, but they actually did it atm.
    Last edited by Helltrixz; 2013-03-10 at 10:15 PM.

You enjoy long queues? :S Yes, I pointed out a small problem, but one that's been reoccuring for so long it's not acceptable anymore. I could list more, but I'm not interested in other problems in this topic. I've been patient for a long time and I still am. But I find it absurd that I can't expect at least one new dungeon every patch or that I need to wait an expac or more to fix the worst specs. Also you said they added multiple new features.. which ones? Skirmishes still aren't back (new feature trololol), realms are still empty, noone ever casts, cc overall didn't get lowered as you said at all, etc etc offtopic.

So back on topic, all of you are just guessing at best that there are so much more hordes in queue that it made the wait time double. Or do you think that maybe those changes they made to bg queues in 5.2 had anything to do with it? You know what I'm talking about, do you? Nah, better just randomly guess and say it's facts, it has to be horde queueing too much and you're not aware of any problems.

- "We're not aware of any issues, if you believe something is wrong report it on the forum, yadayada."

one months passes...

"WE JUST DISCOVERED A BUG THAT MADE STAMPEDE DO 4 TIMES THE DMG IN ARENA, HOTFIX THIS AFTERNOON!"

people cheering

---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 11:12 PM ----------

I had about 8 minute queues on average the during the weekend on multiple chars queueing alone and with a friend, not sure what's going on.

They actually did fix bots though. It took them forever and a expac to do it, but they actually did it atm.
    I see you aren't really open for a real talk, one person said that there was no problem with queue and that they are working. You chose to then drag a subject that isn't even on the board. And for my answer, that is my view. And you really don't know much about this patch really. They didn't even touch Player Versus Player queues, so stop being paranoid. Maybe uncheck some BG's from your list, whom knows, maybe you removed some of the popular ones? On another serious note, now I have been testing the queues on 5 different battlegroups and all say 4-10 mins. 4-10 mins aren't bad at all, have you even seen a really bad queue time? My highest was 2 hours for a battleground, that is something to be annoyed about, not your small numbers.

You do not even show other proof that something could be wrong, have you asked other people how their queues are? And not only on your faction, but both.

The answer is simple: Bots.

Blizzard have finally managed to filter them out and apply bans. Honorbuddy mentioned an incoming verdict from the lawsuit filed at them but haven't spoken about it since then and a lot of people on their forums are reporting that they have been banned now after 5.2 was released.

I remember back in Cata when i solo queued for random battlegrounds. I almost always had to wait at least 10 minutes before I got to join. There was no bots around at this time (maybe a few, hard to tell). I quit early last year and got back for MoP and I then had much faster queues (max 5 min) but the battlegrounds were packed with bots.

So even though a lot of people are probably trying to catch up form last season in terms of gear I think all these bots getting banned can possibly have made an impact on the average queue times. In beginning of MoP it was common to have battleground groups consisting of 70-80% bots. That's a lot of players that are now not longer in the game, queueing for battlegrounds.

I see you aren't really open for a real talk, one person said that there was no problem with queue and that they are working.
    Is this supposed to be a real arguement...?
    And you really don't know much about this patch really.
    I asked about what was new, you wouldn't answer. Who's immature here again?
    They didn't even touch Player Versus Player queues, so stop being paranoid.
    Wrong. Zzz... let's be immature together.
    Maybe uncheck some BG's from your list, whom knows, maybe you removed some of the popular ones?.
    Some people actually research and try out such obvious solutions before posting on forums.
    On another serious note, now I have been testing the queues on 5 different battlegroups and all say 4-10 mins. 4-10 mins aren't bad at all.
    Now I see why
    one person said that there was no problem with queue and that they are working.
    4-10 mins aren't bad at all, have you even seen a really bad queue time?
    Actually yes, I've even had worse arena queues than current bg queueus, those are even more fucked up, but that's another topic. I don't see why suddenly it's good to have the queue times doubled.
    do not even show other proof that something could be wrong, have you asked other people how their queues are? And not only on your faction, but both.
    I don't? Well sorry that I didn't screenshot queue times from last week to prove that this week they're twice as long. I did ask, obviously. Queues are a lot faster on alliance and faction imbalance could possibly explain it, but it makes no sense that it'd change now after like what, 2 years since they fixed that?

one month passes...

I saw a dog drink water once. Everything drinking water must be a dog.

That is the reasoning behind what you said.

Is this supposed to be a real arguement...?

I asked about what was new, you wouldn't answer. Who's immature here again?

Wrong. Zzz... let's be immature together.

Some people actually research and try out such obvious solutions before posting on forums.

Now I see why .

Actually yes, I've even had worse arena queues than current bg queueus, those are even more fucked up, but that's another topic. I don't see why suddenly it's good to have the queue times doubled.

I don't? Well sorry that I didn't screenshot queue times from last week to prove that this week they're twice as long. I did ask, obviously. Queues are a lot faster on alliance and faction imbalance could possibly explain it, but it makes no sense that it'd change now after like what, 2 years since they fixed that?
    My instincts tells me I should just let you swim in your own puddle. I never claimed you to be immature or anything.

1.: If you didn't expect an arguement, why did you post on the forum about this? You cannot avoid an arguement if you claim there's a problem, yet none have that problem but you (for now).

2.: Features, I'll gladly list some for you (doesn't matter if PvP orr not).
    Taking Over The Farm
    Players that have grown attached to working the land at Sunsong Ranch can now acquire the farm from Farmer Yoon via a quest. The farmhouse becomes a rest point like an Inn, where the player can bind and instantly log out. Work orders will pour into the farm from factions across Pandaria, and completing a work order will earn a reputation boost with the issuing faction. The option to take over the farm is available to characters that are exalted with the Tillers and have unlocked all 16 farm plots.
    New World Boss System
    All world bosses (Sha of Anger, Galleon, Nalak the Storm Lord, and Oondasta) are now Tap to Faction. This new system offers every eligible player of the same faction that engages a boss the chance to earn loot. Under the new system, players will only be able to earn loot from each world boss once per week.
    Battlegrounds
    Players in low-level Battlegrounds will have their effective level raised to the maximum level allowed in that Battleground bracket. Players' base stats and spells are scaled accordingly, and are treated as the same level when determining hits, misses, and critical effect chance
    Transmogrification rules have been broadened for several weapon types.
    Two-handed axes, maces, and swords can be Transmogrified to each other.
    One-handed axes, maces, and swords can be Transmogrified to each other.
    Staves and polearms can be transmogrified to each other.
    And of course not forget Thunderforge which will be unlocked during progress pr. server
    3.: Proof, we need them then. You say I'm wrong about them touching PvP queues, yet you are the only one whom thinks so. Yes, they sorta touched it by removing /follow so bots wont be that easily going. That's it.

4.: Again, it's better to ask if you've remembered, as you don't appear as the person whom fully thinks all choices through. (Sorry, had to be said if one sees on your other posts).

5.: Now you see what? That queues are working? As said on that point, I've tested it too just to be sure when I wrote that post, and nothing bad there. It's always a different queue time during the first week before a new season.

6.: A dot didn't explain that sentance, nor why you rudely wrote said comment you did instead of sticking on topic yourself.

7.: 4-10 mins isn't to cry for really. And that's the only queue we live for currently, I can't see any problem here, unless your wait time was 15+ then I understand, but that then opens up to what we've said about opposing faction being more/more people queueing.

8.: Obviously you wouldn't have any proof. And there's always imbalanced factions on all servers/battlegroups. And faction imbalances can change alot during the preperation period for a new season.

I noticed it too. Alliance queues are still instant but on my Horde characters the queues have gone from 2-4 minutes to 5-7 depending on the time of day. Not a massive change but definitely noticeable.

Maybe all the alliance players are queuing for AV right now (and IoC before that), since it is the CtA BG at the moment.

Just queued my alliance character there... 6 minute wait.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler

Welcome to not the arena season. Enjoy your week of longer ques.

Que's take longer because there are more players now.

The only thing that increase queues is more players of that faction joining BGs. There are more overall horde queuing and less alliance that's why they get instant. I personally haven't noticed much of an increase on max level or mid level personally. To think that its blizzard just increasing queue times is really just trying to figure out how you can yell at blizzard for something.