Deleted

[Elemental Shaman] Tracking dots/buffs

Hey guys!

I decided to continue leveling my shaman (currently level 47) as Elemental to do PvE, but the thing is that I have some problems tracking buffs and dots (to be more specific, Lightning Shield stacks, Flame Shock and Searing Totem).

I play with the default UI of the game and these thing are hard to see, so I wonder if you know any addon which could help me.

Also, what happened to totems? Looks like the only one I have to keep up is Searing Totem, is that right?

Thanks in advance guys!

elementarist is the only one you'll really need.

if you want to track things like pot uptimes, procs, ascendance times, etc go for weak auras as well.

Personally, I like to use NeedToKnow. It's a lot easier to manage buff timers, as you choose the buffs/debuffs you want to time, and they all appear in a neat group.
    And yes, Searing Totem is the only thing you want to try to keep up for the whole fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like WeakAuras personally. I downloaded it, googled how to use it, and haven't looked back since. The moderator has his own weakaura setup located in this thread under 'Addon Configs' http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post18504310. You can also find info for spell priority in there.
    These words in my mouth... where did they come from? I don't think I'm the one that put them there...

Elementarist is excellent. Basically shows you your whole rotation/priority list.

Deleted
    Hello guys!

I have tried the Elementalist addon, but I'm not really happy about it since it pretty much does everything for me and I have to keep an eye on it which feels annoying to me.

I'm doing pretty well after a couple of hours of trying and working out where to bind the spells to make it feel comfortable, but the only remaining problem is tracking Searing Totem, I'd like to know if any of you know any addon to make the icon look bigger or something, just to know if it's active or you need to replace it since it got destroyed.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holymorph View Post
    I'm doing pretty well after a couple of hours of trying and working out where to bind the spells to make it feel comfortable, but the only remaining problem is tracking Searing Totem, I'd like to know if any of you know any addon to make the icon look bigger or something, just to know if it's active or you need to replace it since it got destroyed.
    "TotemSpot" is great for this. The Icon becomes all big on your screen, then fades away. You can't miss that you have to renew your totem

I suggest Weakauras. Let's you customize a tracker for both dots, buffs etc.
    Easy to use, and you can even find templates of it online.

10+ Year Old Account
    Elementarist is lovely. I was happy when I found it because Ele is just my secondary spec, so I welcome how Elementarist displays spell choices. For the most part, I just look at the Flame Shock timer now, but when you only start out with Elemental, it's great to be reminded that your Searing Totem has died and such.

I also have Shaman Friend (got it when my trusty ancient EarthShieldTracker finally broke) and TotemTimers. The latter creates a nice totem interface for you and can be customized so as to notify you when totems are about to die and such. And Shaman Friend - I *think* - notifies me with an audio sound when my shields drop. You can do wayyyy more with those addons though. Like displaying which spell got absorbed by grounding, which buffs you purged, etc. A lot of what they can show and tell you isn't necessary most of the time, but it's good to know that you COULD announce all that stuff with just a little bit of dabbling around in the settings.

I use TellMeWhen and love it. Can track anything you want: Your dots (flame shock), Lava surge procs, Trinkets procs/CDs, Buffs/Debuffs on yourself or your target, weapon enchant procs, spell CDs. Literally anything you could possible want.

Deleted
    For tracking debuffs I use DebuffFilter, so I have it really easy already to see how much time has left Flame Shock to renew it.

I'll take a look on those addons you suggested, specially the TotemSpot addon since it totally sounds like what I'm looking for

Thanks again guys!