Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Don't be a jerkwad. This would include all attributes of a jerkwad.

This law is punishable by public lashings that would replace the stupid shows on MTV.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinoa View Post
    Politicians can't lie or make promises they can't keep. That'd solve so many huge problems.
    Yeah, introduce the era of nobody willing to become a politician and a complete strangulation of government.

Honesty is not always the best policy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinoa View Post
    Politicians can't lie or make promises they can't keep. That'd solve so many huge problems.
    You know, technically speaking in a democracy we (the people) are supposed to be the ones who enforce that. That's why there is a such thing as elections. Sadly people just blindly vote for what they are familiar with or literally (as you can see with the current administration) base their vote off of the "promises" people make.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aciaedius View Post
    I'm sorry, what? Read my post. I never accused you of saying that, nor did I even remotely imply that banning religion would be a good idea.
    No, i meant that if I implied somewhere that by mystake, not as in you accused me of saying it.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Yeah, introduce the era of nobody willing to become a politician and a complete strangulation of government.

Honesty is not always the best policy.
    Which circumstances is your opinion here reverse-engineered to justify? Obviously you have something in mind, but it makes you look more sophisticated to be vague about it.

To be compassionate to fellow man - regardless of first impressions... obviously not to the extent of "as he is stabbing you... love him". But hopefully this will make everyone get along better, which seems to be the big issue nowadays. I guess a down side would be the devious would obviously take advantage of this.

Maybe a little simpler - my law is everyone has to be nice to one another ... hehe good luck with that.

Mine would be that no one can make a law everyone has to obey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Mine would be that no one can make a law everyone has to obey.
    You know... that will make the society Lawless, so... it will suck, cause if someone rape anyone else they can't do anything about it, cause there's no law that can punish him (well you could kill him and there will be no law to punish you)

Never do to others what you don't want to be done to yourself.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

My 1 law - Obey the laws.

With 1 you get 'em all.

buy one homeless person a sandwich every month
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    You know... that will make the society Lawless, so... it will suck, cause if someone rape anyone else they can't do anything about it, cause there's no law that can punish him (well you could kill him and there will be no law to punish you)
    I don't think you understand. The nature of this rule is that everybody follows it automatically. Our laws already aren't followed automatically, since people break them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    I don't think you understand. The nature of this rule is that everybody follows it automatically. Our laws already aren't followed automatically, since people break them.
    Well but then doesn't that make the laws created just like every other law? i mean, people will have the choice to kill, the choice to rape, etc...

Edit: They already have that choice but i mean that that law will be pointless

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Never do to others what you don't want to be done to yourself.
    What if I want people to take things from me if I'm too weak to resist?
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Question, how come atheists are taking an aggressive approach of religion?

I don't believe in it, not at all - i think it's a sham. But i cant disprove that it MAY be real, as such im agnostic.

Just curious, if any atheists can further my understanding of there viewpoint on religion (If possible, im not sure if the rules restrict it)
    You're an agnostic atheist. Atheism is the lack of belief in a deity, agnosticism is the viewpoint that the existence or non-existence of a deity is not knowable. Atheist and agnostic are not exclusive terms. A gnostic atheist makes the claim that they know no deity exists, which is impossible. An agnostic atheist states that they do not believe, but not that they know.

As for atheists being aggresive towards religion, I imagine it's a reaction to all the evil religion causes and enables in the world. I myself would never advocate outlawing religion - it would be an infringement on a basic human right, and furthermore it wouldn't do any good. It would just antagonise anyone with beliefs even more. I'd love to see a world without religion, but it would have to become that world through people choosing to abandon religion, not being forced to.
    Last edited by lzsg; 2013-03-19 at 07:35 PM.
    Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

Deleted
    Really annoys me when people say "no laws"- i mean without laws there would be absolute chaos in society.

I would probably say the same as some other people, a law that states to be friendly to one another. In some countries, everybody is so nice and welcoming but where i'm from in the UK- nobody wants to know anybody else, so rude!

Quote Originally Posted by Masterpd85 View Post
    then what will atheists do? If they can't boast their egos by talking about how much the hate religion every 5sec, they'll go made within a week!
    Yes cause that's what Atheists try to do obviously. I'm gonna guess you're a christian so I'm gonna stop this conversation before I get banned.

OT: Bullies have to get punched in the face by the people they're bullying. (As long as it's legit bullying)

Don't be a cunt. (:
    People who obeyed would get shiny gold stars.

Not calling someone racist over every little thing