Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by mikoslav View Post
    You said that like you ve had vast experience in heroic version of this encounter, that has not been there yet.
    I love Elite raiders :P
    PTR says hi, but yeah. Compared to heroic the debuff stacks don't really make much of a challange on normal, it's something to look after yes, but it shouldn't be hard for anyone and if you got a couple paladins in your raid you can solotank Horridon without problems.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    PTR says hi, but yeah. Compared to heroic the debuff stacks don't really make much of a challange on normal, it's something to look after yes, but it shouldn't be hard for anyone and if you got a couple paladins in your raid you can solotank Horridon without problems.

Until you tank it, please don't make such clumsly comments. As others pointed if you're actually over 505 ilvl etc, you're going to find it easy, being 10 ilvls under that you then find that it can be a problem. The facts are, you did it on PTR and don't seem to have knoweldge of normal and instead decided to troll. there is no way you could find it *no problem* if you 2 heal it and single tank. the MS debuff alone at gate three is going to try your healers let alone with all the adds hitting you frost bombs and puncture up over 7/8 stacks.

Troll less, Also less biting from others such as me!

Quote Originally Posted by Genjuro View Post
    Until you tank it, please don't make such clumsly comments. As others pointed if you're actually over 505 ilvl etc, you're going to find it easy, being 10 ilvls under that you then find that it can be a problem. The facts are, you did it on PTR and don't seem to have knoweldge of normal and instead decided to troll. there is no way you could find it *no problem* if you 2 heal it and single tank. the MS debuff alone at gate three is going to try your healers let alone with all the adds hitting you frost bombs and puncture up over 7/8 stacks.

Troll less, Also less biting from others such as me!
    Well, his I lvl is 512 in retri,
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...9Fear/advanced

so assuming tank gear is similar, ye, big lolz @Horriidon.
    If I had 512 equipped I d probably laugh @horriblon with you.

Deleted
    I am fairly confident it can be solo tanked in around 490 as a paladin though. Only issue would be the MS debuff on the third gate. Maybe possible to get some dps to aggro those mobs, or simply just blast all CDs there and burn that gate down fast. Bloodlust and everything

Disregarding the whole itemlevel comments, this boss hits for a lot less than most other bosses, since there are also either adds to deal with or his enrage when hes alone.

By himself, as a boss, he hits for noticably less than other bosses on the normal version of this encounter. Take a look at Meg and Jin's tank damage, and then take a look at what Horridon does.

Stop attacking everything someone says.

---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 04:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    I am fairly confident it can be solo tanked in around 490 as a paladin though. Only issue would be the MS debuff on the third gate. Maybe possible to get some dps to aggro those mobs, or simply just blast all CDs there and burn that gate down fast. Bloodlust and everything
    Either army, heavy heavy cooldowns, or hero/lust would be ideal for the third gate. Most likely the first if possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gande View Post
    Either army, heavy heavy cooldowns, or hero/lust would be ideal for the third gate. Most likely the first if possible.
    Most likely all if possible haha

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Most likely all if possible haha
    The idea is to use one for that gate, and then anything else to either get through the 4th gate or the guy that spawns. Two of the three make sense, all three seem overkill, but I guess it varies by group.

It's interesting that it's possible, but I don't really see the point other than the novelty. It's not as if the enrage timer is so tight that some guilds should feel the need to solo tank-- if they do, I would be very surprised if their tank was geared enough to solo tank it in the first place.

The only reason I see for doing the fight this way is to make it more interesting once we all outgear it and are bored by it, assuming we still haven't moved to Heroic at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    It can be done, normal mode hits for basicly nothing anyways.
    This kids, is what we call a tool.

Quote Originally Posted by MathPraetor View Post
    This kids, is what we call a tool.
    ... you people are pathetic.
    His armory links to a 513 ILVL char with Heroic Sha down... that means his guild has decent gear and overgears normal modes by quite a bit.
    We only had 11/16 HC's down last tier and an average level of 503 I think and Horridon fell down without much of a strat. Only problems we had so far was Megaera that was a bit hard but it fell down easily.

Tbh on Normal that debuff/what the boss hits for is shit. On HC it adds 100k damage and 10k damage/stack so at 10 stacks it will deal ~200k more damage(before mitigation) than on normal. We don't have a paladin so we couldn't 1tank it but there was no much point in switching tanks other than the fact that you can't reset the debuff.

Having a paladin who is decent at timing SotR and stepping out of double swipe does make it much easier, especially if your paladin remembers to respec to Clemency before the first pull. Oops.

Not, uh, that I know about anyone who realized this just as the third door went down and she was on the other side of the room with 15 stacks and no way to drop them...

Even with SotR and shields that crap hurts. Luckily brez clears all debuffs.

Not, uh, that I know anyone who that might have happened to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post
    Having a paladin who is decent at timing SotR and stepping out of double swipe does make it much easier, especially if your paladin remembers to respec to Clemency before the first pull. Oops.
    I was just intentionally eating most of the double swipes for vengeance on normal. They do not really do any damage, especially with SotR up.

10+ Year Old Account
    This fight is easily solo tanked on normal mode. I did it on 25 man as a prot paladin and our prot warrior on adds. Just soak the Double Swipe and Bubble/Sac, BoP/Sac the stacks at 13-14. Our prot warrior DC'd in the last phase and I tanked both bosses. With proper CD management, active mitigation, and externals, it's a cake walk.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was taking over 20 stacks of the impale on heroic 25man. Basically went ~20, bop ~20, bop, then we were in phase2 and just tankswapped with major cds up to prevent getting globaled by melee attacks.
    Even 20 stacks wasnt 1shot material.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

with clemency and divine shield you should be able to reset stacks every 2 mins, right? so it's about 4-5 stacks?