Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Tyrannical upgrades

OK so I don't know if this is just a bug or not but since the servers are down yet again I went to my armory and noticed that my Tyrannical shoulders say upgrades 0/2... When i got the shoulders upgrading them was not an option. I really hope the servers are not going down so that blizzard can re implement this horrible gear upgrading idea...

It's just in preparation for the POSSIBILITY that upgrades will be coming back. They won't be back any time soon, according to Blizz. 5.3 at the earliest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gear upgrades will likely be re-added in 5.3.

Blizz said they don't like gear upgrades for PvP gear so hopefully 5.3 we wont see upgrading for our gear. We will have the elite tyrannical gear to buy also so that is kinda like our version of upgrading.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by veritasxsaint View Post
    Blizz said they don't like gear upgrades for PvP gear so hopefully 5.3 we wont see upgrading for our gear. We will have the elite tyrannical gear to buy also so that is kinda like our version of upgrading.
    No, just no. Elite Tyrannical gear is akin to heroic PvE gear. Heroic PvE gear will be upgradable once 5.3 hits. This means Heroic Raiding gear which already outshines elite Tyrannical in quite a few cases (Trinkets, Rings, Necklace, Weapon also there aren't T2 versions of the Trinkets/Rings/Necklaces either so it's 393 vs 449~) will get another 8 ilevels on PvP gear.

Either they bumb up the Elite Tyrannicals PvP gear ilevel in general once 5.3 hits or we'll be right back in World of PvE Craft.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    No, just no. Elite Tyrannical gear is akin to heroic PvE gear. Heroic PvE gear will be upgradable once 5.3 hits. This means Heroic Raiding gear which already outshines elite Tyrannical in quite a few cases (Trinkets, Rings, Necklace, Weapon also there aren't T2 versions of the Trinkets/Rings/Necklaces either so it's 393 vs 449~) will get another 8 ilevels on PvP gear.

Either they bumb up the Elite Tyrannicals PvP gear ilevel in general once 5.3 hits or we'll be right back in World of PvE Craft.
    World of pve craft was more a result of pvp gear using a defensive stat in its itemization budget in place of an offensive one than just a simple ilvl gap. Unbudgeted pvp power will cover quite a respectable difference in item level at this point; it's really just powerful procs and raw-stat trinkets that even have any potential (ab)use in pvp anymore.

Also any missing pvp gear is probably just a bug. I'm sure it'll turn up soon enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    World of pve craft was more a result of pvp gear using a defensive stat in its itemization budget in place of an offensive one than just a simple ilvl gap. Unbudgeted pvp power will cover quite a respectable difference in item level at this point; it's really just powerful procs and raw-stat trinkets that even have any potential (ab)use in pvp anymore.

Also any missing pvp gear is probably just a bug. I'm sure it'll turn up soon enough.
    Asb, your logic is flawed since some of the PvE pieces will have more PvP power than the actual PvP ones. The thunderforged ring of Ra-den for example. It will have about 60 more PvP Power if gemmed right and have around 500 more strenght and 600 more stamina. THis is a huge difference.

And you can't neglect that PvP power scales with your stats and damage thus making the PvE pieces even better of combined with PvP pieces. in other slots, the heroic weapons for example are far superior to T2.

upgrading if fine. whats the difference in upgrading and buying a whole new piece. I hate changing gems all the damn time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vathius View Post
    upgrading if fine. whats the difference in upgrading and buying a whole new piece. I hate changing gems all the damn time
    That there wont be any upgrades for PvP but upgrades for PvE giving PvE another 8 ilevels on PvP items unless they changed their plans.

And you can't neglect that PvP power scales with your stats and damage thus making the PvE pieces even better of combined with PvP pieces. in other slots, the heroic weapons for example are far superior to T2.
    PvP weapons > ANY PvE weapon, the sheer amount of PvP power and resil on the weapons just can't be replaced, seeing as Resil is still THE main stat!

Quote Originally Posted by Vathius View Post
    your sig just made my day

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rzy View Post
    PvP weapons > ANY PvE weapon, the sheer amount of PvP power and resil on the weapons just can't be replaced, seeing as Resil is still THE main stat!
    This is just plain wrong and you know it. The Heroic Sha weapon flat out beat the T2 weapon by around 7-14% more dmg varying between classes. Now with heroic thunderforged introduced making these items even better and allowing upgrades only for PvE this will become an even bigger issue.

One good example is this belt.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=96458 vs http://www.wowhead.com/item=91351

The pve belt gives you:
    1147 intellect
    1960 stamina
    804 spirit
    769 mastery

The PvP belt gives you:
    1582 stamina (-378 stamina or 3780 health which is worth thrice as much when around 66% resilience)
    975 intellect (-152)
    617 haste (-152 compared to mastery with mastery by far being the superior stat!)
    674 spirit (-130 spirit)

The PvE belt with resilience gems will be around 960 resilience, the PvE belt will be around 993 (+33 reslience) and gets +353 PvP power (1,33% on level 90, since in this case we're talking about healers it's down to 0,665%).

So using the PvE instead of PvP T2 waist you gives up:
    378 stamina
    152 intellect
    769 mastery
    130 spirit

And you lose:
    0,665% more healing.
    0,114% of dmg reduction before nerf.

Sounds like a good deal, sign me up!
    Last edited by mmoc5e6c40f22c; 2013-03-16 at 06:20 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait... so dragonslayers can just gem PvP stats and be better off in PvP than actual PvP gear?

Because If that's the case I'm going to give up in arena this season again. There's literally no chance of my hunter ever stepping foot in a raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Wait... so dragonslayers can just gem PvP stats and be better off in PvP than actual PvP gear?

Because If that's the case I'm going to give up in arena this season again. There's literally no chance of my hunter ever stepping foot in a raid.
    Part of their gear, especially rings and such, yes. For healers PvP power is halved and thus pretty worthless. So offset heroic thunderforged gear is FAR superior BEFORE upgraded if gemmed right. Same holds true for quite a lot of dps stuff. The ring from Ra-Den for example is nearly 50 ilevel above the PvP ring AND will have MORE PvP power while also giving around 500 more strenght.

The resilience they're losing especially after patch is miniscule, once they hit around 66-70% the gain is so minor that it is completly offset by getting far more health and damage.

Some people despite the numbers being known are still delusional repeating the old "PvP power/resilience will fix it" mantra even though gemmed right many offset PvE pieces will surpass PvP pieces in either PvP power or resilience.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Part of their gear, especially rings and such, yes. For healers PvP power is halved and thus pretty worthless. So offset heroic thunderforged gear is FAR superior BEFORE upgraded if gemmed right. Same holds true for quite a lot of dps stuff. The ring from Ra-Den for example is nearly 50 ilevel above the PvP ring AND will have MORE PvP power while also giving around 500 more strenght.

The resilience they're losing especially after patch is miniscule, once they hit around 66-70% the gain is so minor that it is completly offset by getting far more health and damage.

Some people despite the numbers being known are still delusional repeating the old "PvP power/resilience will fix it" mantra even though gemmed right many offset PvE pieces will surpass PvP pieces in either PvP power or resilience.
    That's really dumb. They need to up the item level of pvp gear. IDK how else to fix it but put more PvP power on the gear, but that's really stupid. We were gonna try and get high ratings this season 2.2-2.4k, but if PvE gear is so much better off on offset pieces, and I'm assuming trinkets will beat the 1 minute pop trinket... that's pretty dumb. Especially with the Human Racial.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    That's really dumb. They need to up the item level of pvp gear. IDK how else to fix it but put more PvP power on the gear, but that's really stupid. We were gonna try and get high ratings this season 2.2-2.4k, but if PvE gear is so much better off on offset pieces, and I'm assuming trinkets will beat the 1 minute pop trinket... that's pretty dumb. Especially with the Human Racial.
    Trinkets will be flat out better, in fact there's some pretty insane stuff in those raids. Worse is that there might not even be elite rings/necks/trinkets and such as they were the only thing missing on the ptr. So it would be even worse, no idea how some people think this will work out, because unless there'll be some changes it wont.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakamuraa View Post
    OK so I don't know if this is just a bug or not but since the servers are down yet again I went to my armory and noticed that my Tyrannical shoulders say upgrades 0/2... When i got the shoulders upgrading them was not an option. I really hope the servers are not going down so that blizzard can re implement this horrible gear upgrading idea...
    I'm with you here. I think gear upgrades just increase the gear discrepency. While I agree gear should play a role in PvP, it's frustrating when players get a jump start on rating, and everyone else is playing catchup ALL season because of gear. I HATE getting someone to 5% and losing the game later. 5% better gear would have made the difference.

Trinkets will be flat out better, in fact there's some pretty insane stuff in those raids. Worse is that there might not even be elite rings/necks/trinkets and such as they were the only thing missing on the ptr. So it would be even worse, no idea how some people think this will work out, because unless there'll be some changes it wont.
    yeah because they didn't lower the trinket proc rates against players or make them dispellable or anything..

Oh wait.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    yeah because they didn't lower the trinket proc rates against players or make them dispellable or anything..

Oh wait.
    You're a witty and smart one right? "Oh wait."

Just because they lowered the procc rates and made them dispellable (btw last time I read about that it was for the LEGENDARY GEMS) doesn't mean they'll be bad or suddenly worse than PvP trinkets. Not every class can dispell, you don't always have time to dispell, some of these buffs only last a very short time sho noticing that they procced and doing something about it (especially if you're CC'd) might not be possible.

Also a "lowered rated" doesn't equal a "low rate" at all. 99 is lower than 100 and still way higher than 1.

Edit, why am I even talking to you? You're a blue geared retri Paladin with no rated PvP experience.

None of the PvE stuff will be good in PvP.
    GC said they will nerf even further in PvP if anyone starts using them because they turn out to be better.