Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sauzer View Post
    Anyone know if the changes are live on EU servers yet?
    Probably not.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    After doing one of my dailies, I don't really think they went live. Frost Bomb feels the same, and Nether Tempest is ticking for 8.1k for me.
    Looks right to me. Frost bomb was 3286+246.2%. I have 30881 SP. That's 79.3k damage, tooltip says 111041. 79315*1.4 fits the tooltip.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by citrique View Post
    Gosh darn it all to heck. A different spec might be better for a tier of content, that hasn't happened before in the history of forever in this game or anything.

If you aren't used to that by now then I really don't know what to tell you. It has been this way since the game was first launched and will be this way till they stop updating it. Every patch people kvetch that their particular favorite spec is ruined or unplayable or whatever. I'm fairly doubtful that any of this is even relevant to you unless you're actually pushing heroic content, either.
    I love how you assume a bunch of crap with no substantiation. Arcane has been my favourite spec since it became an independent spec, and while the plastyle has become cumbrous and unolvely in this expansion I put up with it for being able to do competitive damage. With the recent nerfs, Arcane is on the lower end of damage, has a clunky rotation with no choice of talents, and has restricted mobility. The detriments finally outweighed my attachment to the spec.

If you don't see that the Mage class has a number of severe issues, your head is in the sand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by blaxter View Post
    In my logs NT was 8.5% of my damage, so this is a 3.4% buff, yep I'm still bottom. Still rerolling to warlock, fuck mages
    8.5%?? NT was 14% of my damage on the single target fights last week, which makes this a 5.5-6% overall buff. Is 8% really standard, or did this guy just have terrible NT uptime?

Quote Originally Posted by beingmused View Post
    8.5%?? NT was 14% of my damage on the single target fights last week, which makes this a 5.5-6% overall buff. Is 8% really standard, or did this guy just have terrible NT uptime?
    *shrug*

Regardless, a 5% buff is insignificant because of how low we are. Multi-target won't matter because for Fire because we're doing ignite spreading. Don't have time to multi-dot.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beingmused View Post
    I just checked my logs for last week. And my NT is typically 13% to 15% on single target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't think this will help all that much. Frost Bomb sounds very strong for PvP with 40% increase so that sounds iffy and I don't know how long that will last. Yeah it helps movement (by making movement hurt less) but overall this will maybe boost us to the middle of the pack, or lower middle. Should have just reverted the LB spread change but w/e.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Double the coding? No, just add single lines of code to do "-50% damage when cast on players" (similar to the Frost Bomb nerf in PvP).

They wouldn't need to be in the tooltips, they just need a single modifier.

Unless that's not how coding works.
    It's not, there would be A LOT more code to work out then just adding something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I love how you assume a bunch of crap with no substantiation. Arcane has been my favourite spec since it became an independent spec, and while the plastyle has become cumbrous and unolvely in this expansion I put up with it for being able to do competitive damage. With the recent nerfs, Arcane is on the lower end of damage, has a clunky rotation with no choice of talents, and has restricted mobility. The detriments finally outweighed my attachment to the spec.

If you don't see that the Mage class has a number of severe issues, your head is in the sand.
    Yes, because firelands and dragon soul "AB to 35%, evo, AB missiles > 90%, AB to 35%, evo, repeat" style was so much more involved and difficult than "AB, missiles on proc, scorch, keep bomb up, keep rune down". Oh wait, in bis gear at the end of dragon soul with shard it was AB, evo, AB, evo. I guess there was a flame orb in there somewhere too once in a while. My bad.

An arcane "rotation" that involves actual thought to do decently at is bad, I guess.

Certainly, the class has its issues. However, the fact that the class was buffed in a way you personally don't like is little more than QQ. Every expansion, the three specs play differently and every patch, a different spec or playstyle is top.

Quote Originally Posted by citrique View Post
    Yes, because firelands and dragon soul "AB to 35%, evo, AB missiles > 90%, AB to 35%, evo, repeat" style was so much more involved and difficult than "AB, missiles on proc, scorch, keep bomb up, keep rune down". Oh wait, in bis gear at the end of dragon soul with shard it was AB, evo, AB, evo. I guess there was a flame orb in there somewhere too once in a while. My bad.

An arcane "rotation" that involves actual thought to do decently at is bad, I guess.

Certainly, the class has its issues. However, the fact that the class was buffed in a way you personally don't like is little more than QQ. Every expansion, the three specs play differently and every patch, a different spec or playstyle is top.
    Oh come on... i liked having AB be 90-97% of my damage on fights..... okay, no i didn't... but it was amusing to see that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nasty ass changes :< All I can say really :')

Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel

Deleted
    Lol there were so many things they could have changed without having impact on pvp... now they buff frostbomb GG.

More Nether Tempest DMG is nice for Arcane, but for Fire it won't change anything... for how much is it ticking atm? 6-7k? 40% buff to it is useless... something like 3-4% more DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Liebchen View Post
    Lol there were so many things they could have changed without having impact on pvp... now they buff frostbomb GG.

More Nether Tempest DMG is nice for Arcane, but for Fire it won't change anything... for how much is it ticking atm? 6-7k? 40% buff to it is useless... something like 3-4% more DPS.
    Even a 10% increase won't really do too much, especially when it's only being applied to our DoT which we don't Multi-DoT with.

Deleted
    NT Is usually 11-12 % of my single target damage so 12 % X 1.4 = 16.8 % so it's around a 5 % dps increase. Not the biggest buff but it will make a difference, and even more so on fights where multi dotting can be done ( Twin consorts, Council, horridon bla bla).

Going to inject some realtime data here, so don't shoot the messenger, its just what I can say I have in my log:

Did LFR ToT. Me and another frost mage, roughly the same gear level, he used NT and I used Frost Bomb the whole instance. We were roughly equal in damage on Jin'rohk with me just a tad ahead. On Horridon he was ahead by a large margin, though I don't think he spent a ton of time on the adds. On Council, he beat me by 10 million, with NT doing about 1031 hits for 12 million damage. I did 8.3 million with FB.

Roughly the same number of FFB. Everything else was pretty close except he did more damage with frostbolts than I did and I did more damage with ice lance than he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Malfecto View Post
    Going to inject some realtime data here, so don't shoot the messenger, its just what I can say I have in my log:

Did LFR ToT. Me and another frost mage, roughly the same gear level, he used NT and I used Frost Bomb the whole instance. We were roughly equal in damage on Jin'rohk with me just a tad ahead. On Horridon he was ahead by a large margin, though I don't think he spent a ton of time on the adds. On Council, he beat me by 10 million, with NT doing about 1031 hits for 12 million damage. I did 8.3 million with FB.

Roughly the same number of FFB. Everything else was pretty close except he did more damage with frostbolts than I did and I did more damage with ice lance than he did.
    Its not going to be useful comparing between mages in an LFR because that it not going to reflect a real raid environment. Plus without a log to look at its difficult to say how well each mage is playing; we need to see the raw data not your interpretations.

I understand that, and if you read my post, I didn't interpret anything. I just jotted out a few stats from my log. I don't run WoL, so I don't have a way of getting my data out. I'll post what I get for my regular raid tonight. Just trying to figure out what spec I want to run.

Dark Animus (killed 10.03) Avarage NT Tick 7239.4
    Lei Shen (Trys from tonight) Avarage NT Tick 7579.1

340 dmg diffrence. So most likely nope, buff is not live on EU yet. (numbers taken from WoL)

At least we have their attention now. Is this enough? Most likely not. But blizzard said themselves they were going to be passive buffs. Were you guys really expecting some huge damage buff? Don't be so naive. Would you rather have then buff us bit by bit until we are at a spot that is comfortable with us (which prob won't happen cause you people aren't happy unless you're doing 30% more than the next person) and them? Or would you rather have them buff us big, ends up being too much, and we just get nerfed again?

Just chill, let blizzard work honestly...

Quote Originally Posted by Malfecto View Post
    I understand that, and if you read my post, I didn't interpret anything. I just jotted out a few stats from my log. I don't run WoL, so I don't have a way of getting my data out. I'll post what I get for my regular raid tonight. Just trying to figure out what spec I want to run.
    I did read your post. We need to see the logs because we want to determine if you are making correct decisions. We need to know your buff/debuff management, CD usage, if you used potions or a flask, are you correctly reacting to mechanics or padding, etc. What you did is interpretation ex: "my icelances did more damage than his but his frostbolts did more damage than mine" and "i dont think he spent much time on adds during Horridon".

Figuring out what spec you want to run is going to require you to look at logs and analyze them in detail rather than looking at total damage done per spell. That is one small part of the picture.
    Last edited by Proakryt; 2013-03-12 at 10:34 PM.