Poll: Which way to gem?

Thread: PVP Gemming

PVP Gemming

Resil or PvP Power? I know "both" is a good answer but the top players I have been seeing are either full resil or full PvP Power not really mixing them

*Note* This question is based on having full Malevolent gear already, and for BGs and World PvP

---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 03:40 PM ----------

JUST found this post...kinda answers my own question. Figured I would post it here just incase someone else had the same question I did.

http://www.skill-capped.com/forums/s...l-stacking-res
    Last edited by akaTheDude; 2013-03-12 at 08:30 PM.
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    For bgs you do not need to stack resi, you could go with alot more power. 60resi/60power or 64ish/57 sounds reasonable to me.
    In arena however you should still gem for resi.

The reason for this is simple in bgs you do not rely as much on your resilience or cc as you do in arena. Primarily your burst and movement/positioning (battleground awareness) is what gets you by.
    Last edited by Ettan; 2013-03-13 at 04:58 AM.

in short, it depends on the style of pvp you do.

I might be missing something but I'm pretty sure you die equally as fast if you gem resilience. At least that has been the case in the past 12 or 13 seasons. What suddenly changed that makes gemming resilience a good strat?
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Quote Originally Posted by Gotjuice View Post
    I might be missing something but I'm pretty sure you die equally as fast if you gem resilience. At least that has been the case in the past 12 or 13 seasons. What suddenly changed that makes gemming resilience a good strat?
    last season gemming for extra Resilience did more to negate incoming damage than pvp power did to increase damage as you added more and more of it. BUT they nerfed Resilience because of that for this season. I don't know the math but now the higher levels of resilience will not give as much damage reduction. If anyone know what number that Resilience starts to plateau that would be very helpful. I think a lot of it will be feel, if you are too squishy or just cant finish people off in a kill window.

resi. scales better.

in a theoretical fight, two identical hunters doing everything identically. One has gemmed and enchanted power, the other resi - the one with resi will win.

Resi tails off around 66-67% I think, that might be total bullshit thought
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Resilience is better mathematically. Full Power gems only gives you roughly 7% more damage dealt whereas full Resilience gems gives you roughly 13% reduced damage taken.

I suppose power could be good in BGs, but I don't really pay much attention to BGs since they aren't balanced to begin with and your gear isn't going to matter anyway if you get attacked by 5 people.

I go with the full resil gems in yellow sockets. The mix power and resil gems in blue sockets. And being a JC, i use the agi and resil gems for red.

With the upcoming changes to pvp/pvp gear I'd say pvp power is going to be more useful IMO. Everyone will have close to the same amount of resil (give or take with enchants and a few gems) so pvp power will be the stat that makes the difference.