Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #81
    You were wrong now , but you might be right in the future.
    The server structure you described , might be what Blizzard would try at a moment . And (still) having our original servers (but empty) could be only a step to that direction.
    This expansion they still keep the original servers , but in the next one they could simply close them .

    I guess those 50% hating the CRZ stoped them for moment to completely change the server structure. Too many , and I bet that keep them wondering if they will continue with the plan or give up.

    ( in every poll [pro] vs [against] CRZ I saw the results being around 50%-50% )

    50%- 50% don't give Blizzard any clue if they do the right thing for the good of the game or if they set up a timebomb.
    Last edited by vandam; 2013-03-14 at 03:29 PM.

  2. #82
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    America
    Posts
    1,188
    I finally had enough 3 weeks ago to the point, I forked over the $300.00 and moved all my toons off pvp server, that really had no pvp on it until the CRZ's went into effect. My biggest issue had more to do with being paired with the previous pvp server that I had left 2 1/2 years before. That server is full of grievers, not gankers! I love wpvp, I think it is a great part of the game, but when larger realm basically takes over a smaller one, the smaller loses some of its personality. Also the people from other realms basically hide in the shadow going in and out of the zone, so you can't get on a main to do some one v. one; this is the part that really bothers me. They know there is a flaw and take full advantage of it. At least if you are going to grief someone, they should be forwarded the opportunity to defend themselves. CRZ's do not forward this opportunity to the person or group to take care of the problem. What it does do is let all the little snakes to be even more cowardly and go hide in the shadows.

    Well I do not have to deal with it anymore, I spent over 5 years on pvp realms, but what the CRZ's was last straw for me. The $300.00 I spent to leave is the best money to date I have spent on this game. Unfortunately, many do not have the option to spend this sort of money. I had to make a choice either quit playing a game I have loved playing for more than 5 years or spend the money and move. The latter now has me in hock with my wife for the next 6 months that is ok, because I have never enjoyed playing the game more than I have over the course of the last 3 weeks. The pve realm is full of people in the world, I can go about my business without being harassed, and I have met some very cool people as well. I will really miss the people that I had to leave behind, I really enjoyed the guild I was in, and it was a very hard decision for me to make to leave them.

    The decision is yours to make OP, spend the money to leave or re-roll on a pve realm, it is sad that is the way it is. I looked at this way, I want to be able to play the game the way I wanted to play it, not have someone force me to play it there way. On a pvp realm you are force to play with the little morons that just live to grief all day, every day, this is all they do. They get on the game just to screw with people. It makes them feel big and bad on the internet, because at some point in there day someone pissed in there cornflakes. CRZ's were probably meant to save money for Blizzard and they have also made some people out there feel that the world is actually more alive. BUT they have also showed the very bad sides of some that play this game and that in its self should be bad for Blizzards bottom line. Not sure how many out there did what I have done, but I am sure they lost a lot of monthly subs over this. But I am happy for the decision I made. edited for formatting

  3. #83
    It certainly seems plausible that the best solution would be to push 5 realms together at a time, using the home-realm name as the identifier and then pulling the plug on CRZ. If 5 realms are merged into a single server, and your still "log on" to your original home server name, CRZ would no longer be required since the 5 realms you were shared with is now permanent. If that is the case, then CRZ would go away and Realm pops would just go straight to Med/high / High/full. It is a tricky endeavor and I do not envy them of their task at hand.

    If they do not merge 4-5 at a time, CRZ will continue to be the link between these worlds. My guess is, by next expac 6.0, they will be close to or have completed a way to merge the realms on the backend and remove CRZ essentially making CRZ a full time thing without the transition glitches.

  4. #84
    I rolled on a PvE server so hard for me to comment but ganking has always been there, yes CRZ seems to have bring it back so but you still opted in for PvP, surely the fix is an ingame one of getting your mates to kill the people ganking you?

    Use this as a reason to get more friends ingame rather than complaining (not saying i wouldnt be angry with dying loads) there must be others like you who don't like it get an anti gank squad

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post
    I guess those 50% hating the CRZ stoped them for moment to completely change the server structure. Too many , and I bet that keep them wondering if they will continue with the plan or give up.

    ( in every poll [pro] vs [against] CRZ I saw the results being around 50%-50% )

    50%- 50% don't give Blizzard any clue if they do the right thing for the good of the game or if they set up a timebomb.
    Agreed. It's like they were ready to drop the hammer, and they held back just a little to see what happened. Like you say, in every CRZ disagreement, it is 50-50. I would imagine after 2 years, just in time for the next expac, the dust will have settled enough that they will finish dropping the hammer and letting it run it's course. Honestly, if they masked the realm nameplates and merged the realms with out the "rubberband glitch* when crossing borders, I don't think anyone would have been any the wiser. They would have pulled off a successful backend merger and people would just be like "Hey, lots of people must have transferred here*

  6. #86
    Herald of the Titans RicardoZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    2,685
    For PvP realms, no. For the PvE/RP realms, YES!!!!!!!!!!!x1000000000000000000

  7. #87
    I understand the frustration held by those on PvP realms. They are no longer safe Maybe instead of removing the feature from the game, we should remove the issue from the player. Realms dead? Ok, here's your transfer. PvP got ya whooped? Ok, here is your ticket to a PvE realm and your account is flagged for not being able to roll on pvp realms any more.

    There are alternatives instead of scrapping a useful function like CRZ. They just need to be thought up and presented in a respectful and professional manner.

  8. #88
    I played on a PvP realm in vanilla, I later transferred PvE because I preferred it, but then I went PvP again during WotLK/Cata because most world PvP was dead anyway and what was left didn't bother me. While I haven't actually played MoP (I've been reading around because I miss WoW but really, I doubt I'll come back) from what I've read of CRZ it's nothing like the old days PvP servers. Besides the fact you could consider faction balance and population, there was also the fact your enemies were all on the same server. You knew your enemy. You knew who was good, who sucked, who never ganked anyone, who to call for help. You could log on your main and actually get revenge. Now the person who kills you will have gone poof off to another server phase by the time you try to look for him and chances are you will never, ever see him again. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but to me that's a major difference. If I ever play again, sounds like I'll be switching to PvE once more....

    However, I think Blizzard should have just avoided the happy people by offering a one time free transfer to PvE server at the time they made such a major change. If I was playing I would have been pissed to drop $25 for each character and another $30 to guild transfer my bank alt with all my riches because of such a major change.

  9. #89
    CRZ will never be optional, and it's not going away, no matter how much people who rolled on PvP servers and now regret it whine.

    You rolled on a PvP server. You knew how it could be. Deal with it, transfer, or reroll...or quit. Have a great time!

    It's saving Blizzard money on server space, I think. This, of course, is conjecture, but it makes sense to me: one server no longer means one realm or part of one realm. Now, one server runs its capacity of zone-slices, whatever that capacity is. Different zones may be rated differently, but, still, if you're combining four realms across five zones, then those five zones can run on *one* server, not take up space on four. Now, think about how many zones you're talking about if you can generally do this all the way through Azeroth, Outland, and Northrend, merging zones across four or five realms almost across the board, except for a very few really full realms. That's a LOT of server space/capacity saved. Now, do a similar thing with instance/raid servers, where they dynamically pop processes as needed. Much more efficient use of server space. (I mean, do the math. You're talking about cutting needed server capacity to run the 'older' zones by definitely over 50%, and possibly by 75%.)

    Blizzard is NOT going to turn that off, and the savings with it, to mollify a few people. Sorry, in the big picture, those who don't like CRZ are small potatoes. Nothing personal, but, the truth hurts.

    This trend will continue. Next expansion, they'll start slicing up Pandaria, too. Of course, being able to 'spread out' very full zones makes for nicer launches, too.

  10. #90
    Except PvP servers used to have a community, you could group up and fight back against the people who routinely grief your faction.

    Not possible anymore.

    If it saves so much money, maybe they should just offer one free transfer to a PvE server per account. This was a huge change and quite different from even vanilla world PvP.

    Maybe they will do a SOR trial for Pandaria eventually and I can get a free move for my main to a PvE server if I ever want to play again!
    Last edited by rebecca191; 2013-03-15 at 04:11 AM.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    Except PvP servers used to have a community, you could group up and fight back against the people who routinely grief your faction.

    Not possible anymore.

    If it saves so much money, maybe they should just offer one free transfer to a PvE server per account. This was a huge change and quite different from even vanilla world PvP.

    Maybe they will do a SOR trial for Pandaria eventually and I can get a free move for my main to a PvE server if I ever want to play again!
    They've made their stance pretty clear on this. PvP servers are the way they are, and if you don't like it, you shouldn't roll there. Period.

  12. #92
    My main character is 7 years old, nice try. PvP servers were one way in vanilla and BC, they were another way in WotLK and Cata, CRZ doesn't much resemble either of those.

    However, I'm actually quite fine with never playing on a PvP server again should I reactivate my account. I played on those specific servers to play with specific people and/or guilds who are now mostly gone from the game. I'm not much of a fan of the idea of paying $40 for MOP, and then at least $30 for my main + my guild bank full of crap (or was it $35?) + $25 for any additional alts thanks to a major game change that in no way resembles even vanilla PvP, which was very server community-based.

    The best memories were of mind controlling the people know to be griefing campers into the lava outside Molten Core. Even in WotLK - I still fondly remember the time a max level death knight ganked my poor lowbie alt in Honor Hold. I logged onto my main (a holy priest) and ended up camping the death knight, who thought he was so awesome yet couldn't beat a PvE spec holy priest. Apparently he killed lowbies because he was incapable of any other PvP.

    Now? He'd be long since phased out by the time I got there, and chances are, I'd never see him again.
    Last edited by rebecca191; 2013-03-15 at 04:21 AM.

  13. #93
    imho if you dont want to get ganked go xfer on a PvE server, I played PvP server for years up until Cata where I rolled on a PvE server and love it, but I miss that gank and get ganked feel, I forgot how awesome it actually was to be ganked how angry I was than got back up and ganked back! its upto the person if there a PvE person or PvP person I love PvE I truely do, but world PvP is amazing, and if theres tons of ppl ganking again due to CRZ no there should not be an opt out

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post

    50%- 50% don't give Blizzard any clue if they do the right thing for the good of the game or if they set up a timebomb.
    50-50 of forum-goers doesn't really mean anything, though. Blizzard has lots of other data taken directly from game-servers about what people do and don't like or do.

    They obviously haven't seen anything to scare them off of this. They're still holding to the line about PvP servers and CRZ, because it's mainly PvP server people who care. PvP servers are something I think Blizzard would happily do away with at this point, other than keep a few for the people whose only fun is ganking.

  15. #95
    CRZ pretty much kills server communities. I imagine for PVP and RP servers this is especially painful since those communities are at the very core of the reason why people play there. PvE on the otherhand has been a solo fest with little emphasis on community for quite some time now so it isn't quite as painful. They did it to make the world seem lived in, which ironically is also the reason they give for MoP dailies, and both are features that are complained about constantly. So perhaps they should consider whether or not players are having fun and not how crowded the zones are. I believe the default should be off and it should be an opt in feature, in other words you should have to turn it on manually.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by ClarkKentofAzeroth View Post
    imho if you dont want to get ganked go xfer on a PvE server, I played PvP server for years up until Cata where I rolled on a PvE server and love it, but I miss that gank and get ganked feel, I forgot how awesome it actually was to be ganked how angry I was than got back up and ganked back! its upto the person if there a PvE person or PvP person I love PvE I truely do, but world PvP is amazing, and if theres tons of ppl ganking again due to CRZ no there should not be an opt out
    So do you not see any difference at all from where there was an actual server community, you knew your friends, you knew your enemies, you could actually exact revenge on the person who ganked you, camped you, and ruined your fun, and then have fun from having ruined his fun?

    I'll be honest, yes, I'm not much of a PvP person, but I was ok with the community/server based PvP in vanilla/BC, and I was fine with the once in a while PvP incident in WotLK and Cata (which usually ended up with my totally PvE geared and specced 80/85s owning the lowbie ganker, who couldn't deal with anyone his own level). To me that's different from having to deal with the populations of several other servers and having a low chance of ever finding the guy who was bugging your alt.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    I believe the default should be off and it should be an opt in feature, in other words you should have to turn it on manually.
    Good luck with that. It won't happen.

  18. #98
    I am Murloc! Thelxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,654
    God yes please. Coming back from GW2, I die a little inside every time I see an area completely cleared of the quest mobs I need, or a node or a quest boss tag whatever. CRZ made questing much more tedious for me. I didn't pick a medium-high server to wait on regular quest mobs to spawn every 5 minutes. What makes matters even worse is that people are even more rude than usual because everybody is from a different realm and who gives a shit.

  19. #99
    If the people who do hate this (enough to possibly quit over it, or not return from previously quitting) are such a minority, then what would have been the harm in Blizzard, as a small gesture of goodwill, offering a one time free transfer to a PvE server because of a MAJOR GAMEPLAY CHANGE ON PVP SERVERS? HMM?

    Seems to me they were greedy and hoped those people would keep playing while forking out the money to transfer all of their favorite characters.

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    God yes please. Coming back from GW2, I die a little inside every time I see an area completely cleared of the quest mobs I need, or a node or a quest boss tag whatever. CRZ made questing much more tedious for me. I didn't pick a medium-high server to wait on regular quest mobs to spawn every 5 minutes. What makes matters even worse is that people are even more rude than usual because everybody is from a different realm and who gives a shit.

    They do need to adopt Rift/GW2/LOTRO's shared tagging, imo. That would help a lot of things, especially dailies.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-15 at 04:30 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    If the people who do hate this (enough to possibly quit over it, or not return from previously quitting) are such a minority, then what would have been the harm in Blizzard, as a small gesture of goodwill, offering a one time free transfer to a PvE server because of a MAJOR GAMEPLAY CHANGE ON PVP SERVERS? HMM?

    Seems to me they were greedy and hoped those people would keep playing while forking out the money to transfer all of their favorite characters.
    Or, as a proportion of the playerbase, it wasn't even enough people to bother mollifying? A lot of noise on forums can be made by what is still a statistically insignificant amount of people when the total is in the millions.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •