Thread: PAX-East

10+ Year Old Account

PAX-East

Definitely blizzard all-stars information?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Really not understanding the desire for such a game. Blizzard hasn't really released that many unique titles. The roster would either consist of characters from a small handful of games, or a very small roster.

Personally, for fighting type games, If there are less than 20 playable characters all with unique styles, i'm just not interested.

This is just my opinion though, perhaps someone could shed some light on what i'm not taking into account.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Really not understanding the desire for such a game. Blizzard hasn't really released that many unique titles. The roster would either consist of characters from a small handful of games, or a very small roster.

Personally, for fighting type games, If there are less than 20 playable characters all with unique styles, i'm just not interested.

This is just my opinion though, perhaps someone could shed some light on what i'm not taking into account.

You may not be taking into account the fact that they've literally re-done everything in blizzard all-stars. And that it'll be more LoL now than before being part of starcraft 2. I think it'll have a very large roster, and probably a f2p model with a shop to buy more characters etc.

I sure hope not. Blizzard overall makes quality games. I don't want them to waste time on a fighting game. I hope it's a new IP in the third or first person shooting genre. I know it's an overpopulated genre but I think blizzard could make a quality third person shooter/adventure game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizz has a booth at PAX east? Last I knew, last year or the year before (don't remember), they pulled their booth at PAX Prime because they had Blizzcon and didn't need/want/care to participate in other big conventions...

10+ Year Old Account
    You may not be taking into account the fact that they've literally re-done everything in blizzard all-stars. And that it'll be more LoL now than before being part of starcraft 2. I think it'll have a very large roster, and probably a f2p model with a shop to buy more characters etc.
    So rather than a Side scrolling beat'm up like Super Smash Brothers or PS All Stars, it's going to be a DOTA game?

My interest dropped even more.

Although who the hell am I compared to the millions who play LoL. If they are indeed making this type of game again, it will prolly sell well.

10+ Year Old Account
    So rather than a Side scrolling beat'm up like Super Smash Brothers or PS All Stars, it's going to be a DOTA game?

My interest dropped even more.

Although who the hell am I compared to the millions who play LoL. If they are indeed making this type of game again, it will prolly sell well.

It brings all 3 of their big titles together in one, which draws interest from all their games. Ontop of that I am sure once titan is released they'll add titan characters to the game as well. And ontop of it they'll probably continousely add new and old lore characters from WoW.

I thought Blizzard All-Stars was a MOBA game, not a fighting game? In fact wasn't this going to be DOTA 2 until they gave up the rights to the name?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    I thought Blizzard All-Stars was a MOBA game, not a fighting game?
    I don't have all the details however I know it was changed to be more like LoL..Not a copy of it. But I only know so little.

10+ Year Old Account
    probably this will be the announcement although I read on Blizzplanet that it could be an unnanounced non-mmo game other than allstars :-? but who's to say, we'll just wait and see... but if it's Allstars I hope it's better than Dota2... I am really annoyed with dota2 atm >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    It brings all 3 of their big titles together in one, which draws interest from all their games. Ontop of that I am sure once titan is released they'll add titan characters to the game as well. And ontop of it they'll probably continousely add new and old lore characters from WoW.
    curious how they will make this game accessible to the masses. Blizzard is well known for making their games playable from all people of all skill levels. Perhaps this game could get me into DOTA's if they make a mode or something which is fairly easy for beginners.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orestis View Post
    Blizz has a booth at PAX east? Last I knew, last year or the year before (don't remember), they pulled their booth at PAX Prime because they had Blizzcon and didn't need/want/care to participate in other big conventions...

obviously going to be busy at blizzcon announcing titan this year :P

Small roster?

They can pull literally anyone from their franchises.
    -Warcraft alone could carry a large roster.
    -Diablo could include any named figure and one representative of each playable class. That's several dozen characters.
    -Starcraft probably has the smallest pool of characters to choose from but it is by no means small.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Small roster?

They can pull literally anyone from their franchises.
    -Warcraft alone could carry a large roster.
    -Diablo could include any named figure and one representative of each playable class. That's several dozen characters.
    -Starcraft probably has the smallest pool of characters to choose from but it is by no means small.
    3 Games though.

Originally I thought it was to be a Smash Brothers type game, with that in mind. It seems lame to only pull from 3 franchises when trying to fill a 20 character roster.

The tradition for "all stars" games so far has been a character or two from each franchise. To fill a decent roster of as low as 12 playable characters, you will end up with 4 Characters from each of those games. Just doesn't feel like the same variety. May as well name it Diablo v WoW v Starcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    3 Games though.

Originally I thought it was to be a Smash Brothers type game, with that in mind. It seems lame to only pull from 3 franchises when trying to fill a 20 character roster.

The tradition for "all stars" games so far has been a character or two from each franchise. To fill a decent roster of as low as 12 playable characters, you will end up with 4 Characters from each of those games. Just doesn't feel like the same variety. May as well name it Diablo v WoW v Starcraft.
    Keep in mind blizzard all stars was originally blizzard dota, they renamed it all stars as a meh well okay type title. In no means are they limiting it to 12 characters. I'm not sure why you'd think blizzard would follow any traditional all-stars type game because you at the current time are the only person I've spoken to that has thought this. I'm not sure where you are pulling that information but I think it will have a far greater roster than 12 or 20 characters. I can almost guarantee it. Not only that but it's not diablo v WoW v Starcraft, it's a combination of the games, nowhere has it been stated or would blizzard pit the sides together for the whole game...I think it'd have a lot more diversity than that.

You are looking at this from the wrong standpoint, this is blizzard. They want a game people will play AND spend money on. If they made the decisions you are speaking about, they wouldn't succeed in either of those goals. Think.

3 Games though.

There is no tradition for all stars games. They all kind of do their own thing. Hell, they even mix up their own internal traditions sometimes (Smash Bros having Snake and Sonic, for example).

10+ Year Old Account
    When I think of all stars, I think about Smash Brothers and PS All Stars.

Like i said, that question was asked before others pointed out that it would be a DOTA type game.

RPM Racing
    Battle Chess
    J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings, Vol. I
    Castles
    MicroLeague Baseball
    Lexi-Cross
    Dvorak on Typing
    The Lost Vikings
    The Lost Vikings II
    Rock n' Roll Racing
    Shanghai II: Dragon's Eye
    Blackthorne
    The Death and Return of Superman
    Justice League Task Force
    After 1997 every game blizzard has released has been either Star Craft, Warcraft or Diablo. Now can you see why I said it would pretty much be SC v WoW v Diablo? Add who else? The lost vikings and Blackthrone? A car from Rock and Roll Racing? Perhaps a Baseball Player?

I really don't feel like they have enough unique titles for an "All Stars", maybe "Some Stars"

---------- Post added 2013-03-13 at 07:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    There is no tradition for all stars games. They all kind of do their own thing. Hell, they even mix up their own internal traditions sometimes (Smash Bros having Snake and Sonic, for example).
    Nintendo is a platform with hundreds of exclusive IP's to pull from. Some their own, some bought. Same with Playstation. Blizzard is a single developer. No where near the library to pull from.
    Last edited by Kathandira; 2013-03-13 at 07:55 PM.

There's already a thread discussing this: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1268617