Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Hi guys,

We had several attempts last night which were kind of scouting out the fight. We will go with burn Sul strat tonight.

Our raid composotion is
    Tanks: 2xDK
    Heal: Pala, Disco
    DPS: SrvHunt, 2xEleShama, Mage, Lock, Monk/FWarr

It seems Malak always get empowered first. After that its random cos we had couple of try when Kazra got empowered second and after that we had couple of tries when Priestess got empowered. We plan on tanking Malak and Sul together and burn Sul and cleave Malak. I guess at that point we can start single target malak when hes around 70% cos he will have got damaged alot by cleaving by that time. If Kazra get empowered we will keep them this way if priestes gets empowered than whoever is tanking her will taunt Malak aswell so we can cleave that group. I guess we will have Sul around 25-30% by the time he starts to empower and we will pop DPS cds and pots to melt him down.

From other posts I read (which were very helpfull) I realized once Sul is dead it get easy just because of sand pits on the floor - makes moving and stacking for heals much easier.

If someone can elaborate the usage of grounding totem on Kazra. We do have 2 shammies so we can have 2 of those totems but which spell will they redirect to them selfs - our spells that are reflected to us or Kazras attack?

Cheers

Deleted
    Hi guys,

We had few attempts last night but to no avail. We we kind of scouting the fight and trying to apply variouse strategies. Our raid composition is
    Tanks: 2xDK
    Heal: Pally, Disco
    DPS: SHunter, Lock, Mage, 2xEShammies, Monk/FWarr

After reading tips and strategies from variouse posts I came to a conclusion that burn Sul seems to be the most viable one.

Tonight we will push this strategy. I also notced from last night that Malak always gets empowered first but after that it is quite random. We had kazra few times and than priestess few times.

Anyway this is what we will do tonight.

Tank pulls Malak and Sul together. Other tank pulls Mali away. After 10 seconds he will join Malak and Sul cluster since priestess will cast at him all the time so there is no point in tanking her(casts are verry often for anyones CD and interrupting Sul is more important, add can be stuned, slowed, pushed away).
    We will pop BL and start nuking Sul down all the while cleaving Malak. My guess is that all the cleaves and Dots ticking on him will make it easier to brake his empowerment so we will start nuking him around 70% energy. From here we will have two decisions based on next empowerment.

If Priestes gets empowered tank will drag Malak to her so we can nuke priestes and cleave Malak. One dps will remain on Sul.
    If Kaza gets empowerd we stay as we were.

I guess when its Suls time to empowere he should be around 30% health. We will pop offensive CDs and pots and melt him down.

I hope this works

Deleted
    we just single tank 2 healers the encounter, leave 2 melee on sul all the time, me (druid tank) just make 8 seconds aggro on malakk and marli then stack malakk on zul just after i kick him and taunt. blood lust on inc on sul, then all dps but 2 melee and tank on malak to exit from empower. Just kill add on priority then empowered after that. Usually sul dies before the 2 empowered boss lose his buff because the 2 melee burning him down. from that moment is just a trash encounter.
    my english is bad i know but i learn it 25 years ago when i was 14.

We 3 healed it and even managed to kill Sul before he turned the sand into adds.

We're not in T14 heroic gear at all, we managed a staggering 3 heroic kills in MSV. We only got 3 kills on Sha overall.

From what I've seen of this tier, it's not about balls-to-the-wall DPS. It's about being precise with what you're doing, switching targets on demand and staying out of danger. If you've got people idly pew-pewing whatever the fuck they feel like and not moving out of death, you are going to have a rough time of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    We 3 healed it and even managed to kill Sul before he turned the sand into adds.

We're not in T14 heroic gear at all, we managed a staggering 3 heroic kills in MSV. We only got 3 kills on Sha overall.

From what I've seen of this tier, it's not about balls-to-the-wall DPS. It's about being precise with what you're doing, switching targets on demand and staying out of danger. If you've got people idly pew-pewing whatever the fuck they feel like and not moving out of death, you are going to have a rough time of it.
    I agree with you completely. Basically - SKILL!!! We managed to kill Horidon after soo many wipes (around 50) because people didn't execute things properly. But last night we killed it on 3rd try. It seems that more skill you have less time is needed for a mechanic to become an automated process in your brain. Like riding a bike. You're not thinking of riding it, you just sit on it and go

Deleted
    Seems you got a bit low dps - we dident start dpsing malakk until there was a spirit at like 35% empower, then we kill the spirit and nuke malakk. Keeping 1 melee dps and 1 tank on Sul, with 1 tank on the priest. (When the frost stacks are high, we taunted malakk over to the priest so that the tank there could still inturrupt the priest.

Then we basicly just focused the empowered target and dotting sul while still having 1 melee on him till he dies. Obviously, make the best out of the time inbetween the empowers aswell - takes 5-7 sec before the next boss gets it, pull as much as you can on sul whenever you can.

We killed him before he ever empowered.

Goal is to get Sul at about 60% or lower during first nuke. Up to 65% if fine but aim at taking him below 60% without hurting your speed on bringing Malakk down. We used 2 healers.
    Last edited by mmoc30fc4496f6; 2013-03-14 at 01:11 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    @ OP with your comp I believe this could help you out!

Have the paly tank and the 2 elemental shamies on sand bolt interupt duty. If I'm not mistaken Ele sham have an 8 second cd on there interupt and the pally tank can get procs to get more interupts. The three of them should be able to totaly lock out sand bolts! The best part is the shamies could have him focus targeted and just nuke wtv and use an interupt focus macro to not miss a beat. This will free up allot of healing as those bolts hurt a fuckton!

We were making great progress on this last night but our interupts were slightly off and lost some people to random bolts and shit would go down hill from there With your comp bolts should not be a prob but focus macros for the ele's while they nuke empowered boss should = a win if they communicate ala "I have next interupt" and don't waste the interupts!

other than that it's stay out of bad shit and dps the correct ones!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Minaa View Post
    secand u need druid tank on this boss to tank sul and the frost king coz they have alot of dodge and 3 healer not 2 and u must kill sul before he start the sand storm
    First off, you do not need a druid tank. We had a paladin (me) and a druid tank. We sued me on Sul and the Frost King the entire fight, worked as a charm. Worked a lot better than having druid on them as I take less damage tanking 2 bosses + got more interrupts on Sul.

Also, you do not need to kill him before sand storm. Sand storm is not even that big of an issue. You will get 1, max 2. Just use Aura Mastery on each one, ignore the adds and use a healing cd like Tranq or similar. Very easy to handle. Just single target the boss and kill the adds after he depowers.

15+ Year Old Account
    So, we kept hearing about these burn sul strats preventing him from empowering, but for whatever reason We always had trouble either getting sul down enough or breaking empowers in time (if we had too much on him) so if we did break empowers we'd have to deal with him empowering and the sand adds always gave us fits (not sure exactly why). The strategy we found that made it so much easier was kind of the opposite of most. We didn't touch sul at all other than interrupting, and made sure to hit kazrajin and high priestess a little bit (just enough so their health would be lower than sul's). By doing this, we caused sul to empower 2nd (the highest health boss who hasn't empowered int he current cycle is always the one to empower). With him 2nd, there were almost no sand adds, and his empowerment was super easy to deal with. After that we went to a more "normal" strat of sticking a melee on sul full time and cleaving/double dotting him while killing empowered trolls, and easily killed him before the 8th empower (which is the next time he'd empower since he was lowest health the 2nd time through) which made the fight super easy.
    TL;DR: Don't touch sul til after he empowers right after frost king, then burn him like normal while handling the fight normally if you don't have the dps to kill him before he empowers with the burn strat.

Quote Originally Posted by Nume View Post
    So, we kept hearing about these burn sul strats preventing him from empowering, but for whatever reason We always had trouble either getting sul down enough or breaking empowers in time (if we had too much on him) so if we did break empowers we'd have to deal with him empowering and the sand adds always gave us fits (not sure exactly why). The strategy we found that made it so much easier was kind of the opposite of most. We didn't touch sul at all other than interrupting, and made sure to hit kazrajin and high priestess a little bit (just enough so their health would be lower than sul's). By doing this, we caused sul to empower 2nd (the highest health boss who hasn't empowered int he current cycle is always the one to empower). With him 2nd, there were almost no sand adds, and his empowerment was super easy to deal with. After that we went to a more "normal" strat of sticking a melee on sul full time and cleaving/double dotting him while killing empowered trolls, and easily killed him before the 8th empower (which is the next time he'd empower since he was lowest health the 2nd time through) which made the fight super easy.
    TL;DR: Don't touch sul til after he empowers right after frost king, then burn him like normal while handling the fight normally if you don't have the dps to kill him before he empowers with the burn strat.
    Very interesting strategy. Has anyone else tried to replicate this?

10+ Year Old Account
    I really only have a DPS point of view here, but

-Best invention ever for this fight. Get a WW monk with Storm, Earth, & Fire to stay on Sul and help interrupt while the clone attacks the empowered boss.
    -When the Priestess is empowered we'd stack them and cleave cleave cleave.
    -To help the tanks when they'd have to do a swap for Frost king's stacks I'd taunt Sul until the other tank could taunt back so he doesn't run across the room with the other tank.
    In your case, the warrior could taunt Sul and use die by the sword, or switch to defensive stance, the DK could also taunt and use Icebound Fortitude.
    Three heals is definitely possible though, all our dps were doing 90-100k with one at 60k.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    First off, you do not need a druid tank. We had a paladin (me) and a druid tank. We sued me on Sul and the Frost King the entire fight, worked as a charm. Worked a lot better than having druid on them as I take less damage tanking 2 bosses + got more interrupts on Sul.
    And this, couldn't agree more wwith Firefly. The 25% reduction bears got for spells is great, but if everyone's interrupting like they should be then It wouldn't even matter. Plus, the tank on Priestess takes more spell damage than on Sul would since his targets random players.
    Last edited by Lumiair; 2013-03-14 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post
    We did 3heal.
    Gear is 490-504 (more below 500 then above).
    Burned Sul until 40~ energy then switch (Sul probably around 60% hp by then). 1 melee dps and tanks stayed on him, if needed we call the dps to help clear empower.
    Sul <10% when his empower came, killed him then adds.
    Rest is easy, just avoid as much as possible.
    Did it with 0 deaths.

Didn't have recount but I figure that everyone ended on 100k+ dps. (200k+ on pull for few)
    Absolutely this same strat here. Killed them yesterday and it was rather easy. The first phase is extremely ugly with this nastry frost debuff and the sandtraps and the adds. A lot of things to care of for ranges. If you manage that the second guy gets empowered and Sul is about 60% HP you have won Afterwards just always use the 100% energy completely to nuke the currently empowered guy and Sul. We managed to kill Sul before he even empowered. You should stack marli if she is empowered because of the cleave damage
    Last edited by reflection; 2013-03-15 at 08:01 AM.

Deleted
    Just watched the FATBOSS video and noticed the guy that got quicksand under him (9:30) was insta-rooted. Is it possible to avoid this? Any animation on the ground etc.? Or should healers just be ready to dispel asap?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1RjTsbhh_M