10+ Year Old Account

Fortitude of the Zandalari for a Blood DK.

Im wondering about others opinions on this trinket? I got it last night from the council, and im a bit uncertain how it stacks up against the other trinkets in the tier. The extra health could be usefull, since there should be goog synergy with the percentage based healing which also result in larger blood shield. However I suspect it will be devalued later in the tier when the health pools increases. Since the value is static, the percent of your total health will go down thus making it weaker.

Link to character: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%B8de/simple

Link to item: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/item/94516
    Cerunnir - Frost/Blood Death Knight

Deleted
    If you're currently stacking the two hc mastery trinkets from 5.1 (Which I am) then this is a fantastic upgrade. I've BiS-listed it along with the dodge/mastery-on-proc from Dark Animus.

You may be right about the fumbling of the numbers later on in the patch but as of now the mastery is just too precious and the CD is formidable given VB/BS could to stacked on it.

Either way, with your trinkets its a huge upgrade to either one of yours.

Here's me at the moment. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...k/Wompa/simple

Deleted
    I thought that the Animus trinket was awful? 4% chance, that's like barely ever gonna proc at all ...

I would personally go for the Council trinket + Lei Shen stam one.

Quote Originally Posted by Manarak View Post
    I thought that the Animus trinket was awful? 4% chance, that's like barely ever gonna proc at all ...
    On average not even once per fight......... for a Brewmaster (who have like 5 times as much dodge as a dk).The base stat being dodge doesn't help either.

On topic: If you really like on use trinkets (I don't) then it's definitely a decent choice with good base stats.

I got it last night as well off Council. It's not bad really; I'm taking it as a massive improvement over the Vial of Dragon's Blood. Bit more Mastery, and the on-use Last Stand effect (I generally paired it with Vamp last night) is a bit better than occasionally getting 3% more dodge chance, in my mind.

The use isn't amazing, but it's the 2nd best Mastery trinket in the raid and we've got 2 trinket spots. It'll see use.
    Just do the same as you should be doing with all your trinkets: holding on to it. Swapping it in if a fight demands more mastery, or doesn't demand as much EH (outside of 2+ minute separated windows).

It's a really nice static mastery that on use those is really really dissapointing

Deleted
    but it's the 2nd best Mastery trinket in the raid and we've got 2 trinket spots.
    Which one do you consider the best? To me soul barrier+fortitude hc seemed to be BiS for most fights, with me simply swapping soul barrier for the shado-pan trinket if I didn't feel the need for additional hp.

Quote Originally Posted by Manarak View Post

I would personally go for the Council trinket + Lei Shen stam one.
    The animus trinket could be a good aoe trinket depending on the fight. For a fight like tortos or horridon where you have a fair amount of adds up for a time but I agree it isn't worth it for general single target tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post
    The animus trinket could be a good aoe trinket depending on the fight. For a fight like tortos or horridon where you have a fair amount of adds up for a time but I agree it isn't worth it for general single target tanking.
    Any idea what the icd is on the Animus trink? If it syncd up well with the Shado-Pan Assult one it's value would increase a fair bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Which one do you consider the best?.
    The only other one.

I'd rather take the Shado-Pan one for general usage, it just strikes me as being more versatile. You can get some incredible avoidance for a short while with it; couple that with Army and possibly DRW and you have some amazingly potent damage reduction. I've always favored damage reduction over EH anyways (I don't trust my healers as much as I trust myself ).

To each his own though. HC Fortitude isn't bad by any means and I can totally see how someone would favor the higher base mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by draconisaerius View Post
    Any idea what the icd is on the Animus trink? If it syncd up well with the Shado-Pan Assult one it's value would increase a fair bit.
    The value would increase from nothing to slightly better than nothing °_°.
    I can only see it being somewhat useful for dodge tanks (monks/druids) if there are a lot of adds around which in current content is probably only Tortos bats. (the number of Horridon adds shouldn't reach the level where you take enough hits per second).

On a side note: My favorite "tank trinket" this tier is the expertise | heal on low life one from Ji-kun.
    Last edited by Nillo; 2013-03-14 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by draconisaerius View Post

No icd, which could potentially give you reasonable uptime when aoe tanking.

Wowhead also claims that the buff actually stacks. No confirmation yet but it would mean no wasted procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    The value would increase from nothing to slightly better than nothing °_°.
    I can only see it being somewhat useful for dodge tanks (monks/druids) if there are a lot of adds around which in current content is probably only Tortos bats. (the number of Horridon adds shouldn't reach the level where you take enough hits per second).

On a side note: My favorite "tank trinket" this tier is the expertise | heal on low life one from Ji-kun.
    I think the Zandalari and the one from Ji-kun go well together. The Zandalari, coupled with VB glyphed or unglyphed is a pretty hefty EH increase. The Ji-kun trinket coupled with a WotN procc'ed Rune Tap will bring you back to over 60% almost instantly every 30 seconds, which is a pretty significant failsafe.

The Soul Barrier is pretty meh, I mean the absorb is cool and all, but it's just for Physical Damage. Which has it's uses, but generally I would go for Zandalari + Ji-kun.

The avoidance trinkets make me go barf. There should be no reason to eqquip them on any fight except for mass add tanking, but then again, other tanks are way ahead of us in that department anyway, so they would have more use to that trinket.

But having every single trinket never hurts if you have the chance for it. More variety means better adaptability for fights.

(but who am I to talk, I go for exp>hit>haste>mastery + DPS trinkets and gem pure STR / Str/haste on all fights to rank on every fight I attempt and am going to get 4p DPS for tanking, we got pretty amazing healers)

Deleted
    The only other one.
    Admittedly there's the dodge one as well, but fair enough. I still find hc fortitude better, not so sure about normal.

@Pickwick, you can rank on every fight going full mitigation gearing as well, it's more about how you execute the fight (solo or simply tanking most of the time = massive dps^^) than anything else.
    Last edited by mmoc321e539296; 2013-03-14 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post
    No icd, which could potentially give you reasonable uptime when aoe tanking.

Wowhead also claims that the buff actually stacks. No confirmation yet but it would mean no wasted procs.
    Can't be bothered to find source link, but GC explicitly stated it stacked during Beta testing.

Edit: Stacks in the sense that you can have multiple of the proc up at the same time, not that there is a stack counter and gaining a new proc refreshes the timer on all procs.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2013-03-14 at 04:20 PM.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer