Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Living on your own is so much better, I sadly had to move back in with my parents here recently and pretty much hate every moment of it..

Deleted
    Turnin 19 in august and moving out in september, feels pretty good to be honest. Constant nagging about shit that no-one actually cares about aint fun anymoar.

10+ Year Old Account
    I live at home, I won't deny that.

the thing is, I live on 10 acres that my family OWNS outright. So, yeah.

The thing that people don't seem to understand is that instead of paying RENT, I have to pay UPKEEP. Well goes out? Time to run to town and buy parts. Washing Machine dead? Time to jump on Craigslist and see if I can find a nice deal.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    The thing that people don't seem to understand is that instead of paying RENT, I have to pay UPKEEP. Well goes out? Time to run to town and buy parts. Washing Machine dead? Time to jump on Craigslist and see if I can find a nice deal.
    People who pay rent also have to pay for a new Washing Machine etc.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I love my mother, and it's easier that way. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pally1 View Post
    Besides social condemnation(screw them, i dont give a damn), this has nothing but benefits.

Moms do all your cooking.
    Moms do all the house work and laundry.
    You can always quit any job you don't like after trying it out for 5 min without the fear of bankruptcy, mom will keep feeding you.
    You can spend many years of doing nothing but sitting in front of your computer, playing games and sleeping.

any other manchilds here?
    I got a good chuckle out of this. One one level, I am happy that you're living the cozy life of being taken care of by mom. Seriously, you seem to know you have it pretty good, hopefully you grow up eventually and take good care of your mom in her old age. I have had to have been financially independent from the age of 16, and put myself through college and graduate school due to growing up in an extreme abuse situation. It's not fun being poor, young and putting yourself through college, with no health insurance. It's not something I'd wish on anyone, even if I'm extremely proud to have done it on my own.

On the other hand, living at home with mom is probably hurting you pretty hard in the romance department, I don't know many women who are attracted to guys who happen to live at home after a certain age. Gotta leave the nest sometime...

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    I live at home, I won't deny that.

the thing is, I live on 10 acres that my family OWNS outright. So, yeah.
    Your family owning land is not YOU owning land. I'm pretty sure a great deal of people here have parents who own their own homes and wouldn't claim their parents' house as "their" house. It's your family's land, unless that land is in some sort of land trust where you are given partial ownership or something. Although 10 acres is pretty small for a land trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    People who pay rent also have to pay for a new Washing Machine etc.
    Yep, and home owners. Welcome to the joys of being an adult.

Quote Originally Posted by Zangeiti View Post
    No offence but you kinda sound like a loser. I left my parents house at 19. i was going to college and a job i played my cards right and got a car. I also can afford all the essentials and the new laptop im using right know
    The op sounds very happy. By my standard that makes him very successful in life, which would make him a winner, not a loser. For me personal happiness is my greatest goal, every person finds happiness in different ways, if you find happiness (no matter how) than I consider you successful. Op seems to be happy, which from my metric makes him a success.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pally1 View Post
    Besides social condemnation(screw them, i dont give a damn), this has nothing but benefits.

Moms do all your cooking.
    Moms do all the house work and laundry.
    You can always quit any job you don't like after trying it out for 5 min without the fear of bankruptcy, mom will keep feeding you.
    You can spend many years of doing nothing but sitting in front of your computer, playing games and sleeping.

any other manchilds here?

You're proud of using your mom to do all the shit that you should be doing yourself, as a grown ass man? That's pretty sad

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Uh.. why would you not want to live on your own? Parents are rather.. stupid to say the least.
    Someone is still going through their rebel teen years.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamoot View Post
    You're proud of using your mom to do all the shit that you should be doing yourself, as a grown ass man? That's pretty sad
    Perhaps she loves doing it. I've lived with my parents a few times over the years when the chips were down. And my mother loves doing the cooking, it makes her happy to do it. During those times I was fully capable of cooking for myself, but why deny her that piece of happiness?

10+ Year Old Account
    I started college later in life and realized with a full time job, completing my degree would take 3 times as long. I basically, looked my boss in the face and said, "this is not a career for me," and put my two weeks notice in. Since then, moved back in with pops and have sped up my degree completion by a lot. Also, I'm getting way better grades. The social condemnation, whether real or not, makes me a bit antisocial, but oh well, I will finish my degree in a year. I will make twice what I made as management in retail, with less stress, and doing something I love. Living with the 'rents definitely has its perks.

I think with the being a certain age and still living 'at home with the parents' thing is completely dependent on the situation. For instance if its for medical or financial reasons , people should be more accepting of that. I'm in my 40's today...but I lived with my folks until I was nearly 27....of course at the time I was going to school full time and working full time as well....PLUS....I helped clean up the house and even ran errands when I could for my parents. It never felt awkward to me ever....I never felt less of a man or anything..probably because i was always so damn busy and my parents are awesome.

Just as i was turning 27 I bought my own place.....have lived in my own place ever since.

If you are lazy have no aspirations for the future, contribute nothing to help out at home, etc....then YES most definitely you should feel shame still living at home.

Deleted
    l'm living with boyfriend 6 month and couldn't imagine going back to parents, this is too good it's freedom

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this thread for real? I am 21, and I live at home with my parents. I have come to the realization that I may be moving when I am 25+ but I am never ashamed about it, nor do I care about it. My friends aren't ashamed either. You are going to move away at some point, do it when you are comfortable.

Life is about the journey, not the destination. Move when needed.

I moved when I was 19 because I was starting uni in a different school. If I hadn't done that I would probably still live with my parents today. It's all dependent on what you do.

I'm 19 and still living with my parents, and will continue to do so until I'm finished with college (at least around here).

It's normal, nothing to be ashamed of. Of course, I do plan on moving out at some point, but not until my life is in a mostly put together place.

I am living with my grandpa from 2 years old, and i do cooking, washing and shopping by myself since 16, it's nice to be independent.

I think this sounds like you will never have a girl friend :P

I miss living with my parents. Enjoy it while it lasts!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm 25 and still live with my parents. I work full time, pay them rent, help out around the house with chores/buying groceries/etc. I honestly have no reason to move out. Every house/apartment within a reasonable distance from where I work is so overpriced it's pathetic. Why would I not live at home and save up money for as long as I can?

I honestly don't care about the social aspect of it. I'm not a social butterfly by any means. I never went to parties in highschool like all the 'cool' kids, I don't drink, smoke or do any drugs. My life consists of working, playing video games and investing time/money into having a nice ass car. I honestly couldn't care less about not having a girlfriend. Every relationship I have ever been in has just been a complete headache. I enjoy living at home and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

Deleted
    I think one of the kids should stay with parrents, most of the time it will be the youngest one.