10+ Year Old Account

Question [Resto] Trinkets

Hello,

I have been wondering lately, which trinkets are the best for resto shaman in 25 man raid. First reset, I got Horridon's trinket from coin (522) and I'm quite satisfied with it. At ~13% haste raid buffed, it averages (for me) at 700-800mp5. The static 1467 intellect isn't bad either (It was an upgrade from Spirits of the Sun). But today, I got (again from coin :P) Thunderforged trinket from Megaera.
    I have done some really quick calculations and got something like this:
    Trinket I have now (HC qin'xi) adds, on average, ~400k to (only) healing rain per 7 minute fight. Not counting overheals. Inscribed bag has ~1.2RPPM, reduced by haste = at my level of haste it would proc every 45sec on average. This is something like 270k absorbs.

By this math, I come to result that qin'xi, although 20 item levels lower, is better than this Inscribed bag. It has something over 300 spirit more (~170 mp5), but that's really not a compensation for that extra healing provided by qin'xi.

What do you think about this? What is the best trinket setup? (normal mode ToT, heroic mode ToT)

My current thoughts are:
    [Normal]
    Qin-xi's polarizing seal (HC version)
    Horridon's last grasp

[Heroic]
    Horridon's last grasp
    Stolen relic of Zuldazar

There is also a trinket from Lei Shen, which doesn't look so bad, but I think I won't be getting this trinket any soon, considering that I have 522 and 528 trinkets now (at least in bags) and other healers in our group have even some 496s :P

(my math could be bad, if so, please correct me. I have been using 16k as a base value of tick (boosted by UE), using on cooldown and 20% SP coefficient. 420sec fight. I also don't know, if I understand RPPM correctly, so again, if you find any mistake here, please tell me so )

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Horridon's Last Gasp has an insane proc rate. It stacks and it has no ICD. Furthermore, it has been shown in logs that it provides quite a good amount of regen.

You are forgetting the ICD of the Inscribed Bag of the Hydra-spawn. The ICD is 17 secs cd. Combined with your haste, you can expect it to proc 2-3 times per minute. That will fall down then to 85k absorbs, suddenly extremely lowering the value.

- Stolen Relic of Zuldazar – 3.15 RealPPM on attempting helpful spell while in combat. No ICD. Sounds quite decent, but it is yet another thing that must be tracked. If you got no problems with it, then go right ahead.

I think both Zuldazar and Horridon's are best trinket for us currently. With the bad proc rate of the Hydra, I'd say, keep Qin-xi's trinket.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work