Deleted

'No Adapter' yet another problem

This day has been nothing but discovering problems with my new build. Literally every problem I've come across has brought me to the attention of even more when I try to fix them. This one is internet related.

My LAN cable is in the back, the light is on. I'm trying to install the drivers for my modem but am met with 'No Adapter' Either the Ethernet adapter is disabled (I checked, it's not even there) or no ethernet adapter is installed'

Please help me so I can at least get somewhere today. What do I need to do? What do I need to look for?
    Last edited by mmoc6dd45b8008; 2013-03-15 at 06:59 PM.

I was reading your hdd thread earlier, about it not showing up... If you haven't resolved that, and now it says there's no Ethernet Adapter, it sounds like your motherboard is (technical term: ) fucked.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post
    I was reading your hdd thread earlier, about it not showing up... If you haven't resolved that, and now it says there's no Ethernet Adapter, it sounds like your motherboard is (technical term: ) fucked.
    How could I have resolved it, no one bothers to help

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    I'm trying to install the drivers for my modem but am met with 'No Adapter' Either the Ethernet adapter is disabled (I checked, it's not even there) or no ethernet adapter is installed'
    What modem? Like... a dialup modem? Cable/DSL modems don't need drivers. Confused.

More info needed. Have you installed the ethernet drivers from the motherboard CD?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    How could I have resolved it, no one bothers to help
    Well if the motherboard is borked (which is what it seems to be, quite honestly), you can't do much aside from RMA-ing it with your vendor. A hardware defect can't really be fixed by anyone other than the manufacturer, and at that point, they won't even bother and they'll just replace the board.

Best bet is to see if another computer can actually see the router when you connect them together via ethernet. If so, it's the board. If not, could either be the router or the cabling.

But if it's the board, there isn't much that can realistically be done in circumstances like this, sadly.
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

10+ Year Old Account
    So far it doesn't sound like the board, considering each problem has had a simple fix each time (outside the slow booting)
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab