Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I wouldn't use neither to be honest. Instead I prefer dating men I know very well before going on a date (not that this happens often, I've only dated 5 and only 2 of them developed into a relationship). It's because everyone lies and it's harder to weed out the liars online or over the phone plus most don't want to go through the getting to know each other phase anyway and expect things to develop fast.

I don't have super high standards and don't expect them to earn a fortune or look like Johnny Depp but it is important that we have common interests and that they aren't boring. Good imagination, thinking outside the box and wanting to spend time with me are a must and the only way to make sure they meet these standards is to spend time with them as friends first.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    I wouldn't use neither to be honest. Instead I prefer dating men I know very well before going on a date (not that this happens often, I've only dated 5 and only 2 of them developed into a relationship). It's because everyone lies and it's harder to weed out the liars online or over the phone plus most don't want to go through the getting to know each other phase anyway and expect things to develop fast.

I don't have super high standards and don't expect them to earn a fortune or look like Johnny Depp but it is important that we have common interests and that they aren't boring. Good imagination, thinking outside the box and wanting to spend time with me are a must and the only way to make sure they meet these standards is to spend time with them as friends first.
    I agree with your post 100 percent but, I think a lot of people on dating sites feel like they have to lie. I'm not going to lie to you I've lied to people on dating sites. I can't really tell girls on dating sites that I just wanna hook up, you see what I'm saying?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dydric View Post
    I agree with your post 100 percent but, I think a lot of people on dating sites feel like they have to lie. I'm not going to lie to you I've lied to people on dating sites. I can't really tell girls on dating sites that I just wanna hook up, you see what I'm saying?
    If you just intrested in a shag go for older ladies they are freaks in a good way they make you FEEL good

Deleted
    So you think it's ok to lie to get what you want? How is it any different from running a con? There are plenty of ways and places to hook up with women without lies. To me it's the same as lying about taking birth control pills and have you pay aliments later.

Deleted
    Wouldn't use either, my relationships have been with guys that I knew since earlier or guys that were friends with someone I was friends with.

I find that to be rather sad.

Deleted
    From what I found lying was not that much of an issue. The issue was that with a small town, small pool of females registered/using such website, there are a lot of "broken" persons if I could say that. As in girls/women that are either looking for a sugar daddy, or tell you that "yeah I sleep in my ex's bed last night, let's meet today", or just not interested(just browsing and have fun)/bisexuals (that are picky, have a bad habbit of cheating and don't want anything real).

At least that's what I have experienced as a semi-decent nice guy on such dating site. Feels almost impossible to actually find and date someone worthy. And I am not even picky, just logical.

I never thought of making one ever, but my friends and I made an okcupid account because one of us had an account (8 of us).

The website itself is pretty fun and useful.

Even if you don't like the aspect of talking to people (which you should want to talk to people, YOLO), you can fill out personality questions which to me is like optimizing vanilla-cata talent trees (im weird!).

If you have any questions I can lend advice on the site

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post
    I never thought of making one ever, but my friends and I made an okcupid account because one of us had an account (8 of us).

The website itself is pretty fun and useful.

Even if you don't like the aspect of talking to people (which you should want to talk to people, YOLO), you can fill out personality questions which to me is like optimizing vanilla-cata talent trees (im weird!).

If you have any questions I can lend advice on the site
    If people that use the word YOLO use that website, all the more reason to avoid it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    If people that use the word YOLO use that website, all the more reason to avoid it.
    But you can browse them and get matched very good. That's why I like that website, since once you answer and complete more your profile it will match you with persons like yourself. Except if you hate that, then it prob. won't work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    So you think it's ok to lie to get what you want? How is it any different from running a con? There are plenty of ways and places to hook up with women without lies. To me it's the same as lying about taking birth control pills and have you pay aliments later.
    You've got to be kidding me. Are you really getting self-righteous about what another two consenting adults do on their own? It's not just men who lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    You've got to be kidding me. Are you really getting self-righteous about what another two consenting adults do on their own? It's not just men who lie.
    You're making the woman consent on false terms if your entire approach is built on lies. Both parties don't have to lie for it to be wrong.

Free sites, all the way.

I've used them to find both hook ups and a long term relationship, so they certainly work either way. I've had friends who tried out some paid sites, but they never really had more luck than I did on the free ones (though that could be a result of other factors).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    Lying to get sex is rather pathetic tbh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Lying to get sex is rather pathetic tbh.
    It is sad, they always find out the truth in the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah but the big problem with free sites are that, their are way more people playing games on there because its free.
    Yeah I see what you're saying. That's why I never trust dating sites and since I would never pay money to look for someone, I'd rather just wait for the right girl and meet her in person instead.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Try and meet a nice Guy or girl at a public place with fiends so it would be less awkward meeting for the first time

I think I signed up on match.com once...Then I saw the price for even talking to someone that stop me right there...One month was double that of paying for wow. I would like to try it out, but I don't think you should have to pay to talk to people.

15+ Year Old Account
    I actually prefer free for a couple of reasons. I dont mind paying if I'm busy irl etc just that they tend to charge a ton of what is is worth(pisses me off) and secondly I feel less of a "loser"

Overall though it comes down to the atmoshphere of the site. I dont want a meat market, nor do I want some shitty place where 99% of the profiles include "I like to work out, enjoy nature and travel" Zzzzz..
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never used a dating site, but if i was too, id use a pay site because it probably have more honest people then again anyone can use someone else image and make up a story they call it Catfish.
    Last edited by starkey; 2013-03-17 at 03:20 AM.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    Never used a dating site, but if i was too, id use a pay site because it probably have more honest people then again anyone can use someone else image and make up a story they call it Catfish.
    you would think that to be true. but as we have seen before some people dont mind throwing money away just to troll forums. the wow forums are a great example of this.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.