Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Reforge addons: ReforgeLite / Reforgenator

Hi, Im having some huge dps issues as a shadow priest, Allthough my gear is not fully epic but blues. Im currently using Reforgelite but when i reforge my gear and then go to dps something i dont feel that i have reforged my gear correctly.

Any1 have ideas on these 2 addons and have experience on this?

PS! Im new to priest

What do you mean you "feel" as if something isn't reforged properly. You can just look at your gear/stats and know.

10+ Year Old Account
    make sure you select it to reforge for shadow specc and set it to raid. and click the calculate button SEVERAL times (reforgelite). that's what i can help you with

ReforgeLite, while handy, doesnt always get things...exactly right.

Ive had it reforge my Druids haste as much as 1,000 rating off of a breakpoint when I clearly had the gear to reach it.

Like what was said above, know the breakpoints in your head and click "calculate" a few times!

If you are having problems with it, it's 99% because of user error.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    If you are having problems with it, it's 99% because of user error.
    LOL...you can literally hit the calculate button multiple times and get different reforging configurations each time.

99 problems but a user erorr aint one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    LOL...you can literally hit the calculate button multiple times and get different reforging configurations each time.

99 problems but a user erorr aint one.
    Using the preloaded settings or some random version of them is what accounts for 99% of the problems (aka user error) people experience.

http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php...49#reforgelite

Copy the settings from this screenshot:

For Hit use the drop down arrow next to it and make sure it says "Spell Hit Cap". That takes into account Hit Racials and should give you an accurate Hit cap. After that click Calculate, Show then Reforge. Done.

Hit the button as many times as you want... it's not going to change.

Deleted
    Actually it often does change, especially if you give it a more complex task (such as reaching multiple caps), can press 'calculate' over 50 times and it will continue to improve the results. I'll often go and watch some TV and just sit there mashing the calculate button until it doesn't change for the next 20 clicks or so.

Assuming you've accurately told it what you want, just keep pressing that calculate button; it'll get there eventually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Use the settings from the Screenshot and it will not give different results no matter how many times you click Calculate.

User error with the setup, plain and simple.

Deleted
    That screenshot shows less than accurate settings. Use the advanced mode and put in real stat weights instead of a priority set, give it multiple caps (say, hit / expertise / haste for a melee class) and see if pressing calculate multiple times will continue to improve the result.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    That screenshot shows less than accurate settings. Use the advanced mode and put in real stat weights instead of a priority set, give it multiple caps (say, hit / expertise / haste for a melee class) and see if pressing calculate multiple times will continue to improve the result.
    1) We're not melee
    2) We don't have multiple caps

Why make things more complicated for questionable results? It doesn't matter for us how they perform for other classes as it works just fine for us. If you have alts... discuss it on their class forum.

Accurate, simple, reliable. That's the better choice.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I have to agree with Redsparowe, Frmercury.

If I use the settings shown on the screenshot, it always reforges me below the haste breakpoint at 8085. I have to manually set it to 8085 to work.
    Last edited by Venara; 2013-03-25 at 12:45 PM.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara View Post
    I have to agree with Redsparowe, Frmercury.

If I use the settings shown on the screenshot, it always reforges me below the haste breakpoint at 8085. I have to manually select "To" and set it to 8085 to work.
    What ilvl are you sitting at currently?

If you're still sitting in the 480s and have been unlucky on the Elegon trinket / Haste gear yeah you may have trouble hitting 8085. However while there are breakpoints of note they're no longer involved in reforging in general. At no breakpoint does it become optimal to stack another stat (Crit or Mastery) after reaching unlike in 5.0 and 5.1.

In this case it's possible that you get better results by putting Haste above capping Hit but it shouldn't be necessary to check "To". This method of setup is by far the most reliable however.

I prefer reforgerade with some external tool, then just copy paste the result. Seems to give me better results.

15+ Year Old Account
    508 atm and I do have the Elegon trinket but I have a lot of overlap with my healing gear and don't have any shadow T14. I do reforge every single time I switch from heal to shadow and vice versa but I guess since the breakpoint is mainly derived from that, that might be the problem.

It's not a major issue really. I'm primarly heal but I pull respectable DPS as shadow when needed. I really just wanted to point out that the recommended settings don't work for all people alike.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah if most of your gear is Spirit / Mastery you're going to have a rough go of it for Shadow. I would recommend trying to build a separate off-set. I've managed to do so about halfway through the last Tier. You should see better results in both.

15+ Year Old Account
    Armory link:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...enara/advanced

Interestingly enough, I just tried again with your settings and it worked fine. Added 1158 Haste to the 8085 I already had with my manual reforge settings. Possibly bug fix in the addon since I switched to manually setting stuff, which was quite a while ago. And apparently I was slightly off, it's "only" 504.
    Last edited by Venara; 2013-03-25 at 01:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah, you slaughter that 8085 breakpoint. Which honestly would be incredible if you weren't able to with reforges at that high an ilvl.

SOOO much Mastery and Spirit, lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah well, what can you do? ;P My 10 man is caster-heavy. I can rarely get any pieces for off-spec until they drop the 3rd or 4th time :<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    1) We're not melee
    2) We don't have multiple caps

Why make things more complicated for questionable results? It doesn't matter for us how they perform for other classes as it works just fine for us. If you have alts... discuss it on their class forum.

Accurate, simple, reliable. That's the better choice.
    Don't be pedantic, it was just an example of a more complex task. Whilst it's true that right now in optimal gear the only cap we have is hit it hasn't been true up until now and is unlikely to remain true for the future of WoW. Therefore my suggestion of pressing the calculate button multiple times until satisfied it can't improve further still stands.