Poll: What was your favorite tier of WoW to this point?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I really like 5.2. Well mainly ToT, since it's the only thing I do atm in WoW, but I think the new arena season is also fun. Lots of great changes have happened so far. I am still a little bit disappointed about the dps balancing, well atleast how it turned out. Blizzard really tried this time, but in the end it wasn't meant to be.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenEnergy View Post
    I really like 5.2. Well mainly ToT, since it's the only thing I do atm in WoW, but I think the new arena season is also fun. Lots of great changes have happened so far. I am still a little bit disappointed about the dps balancing, well atleast how it turned out. Blizzard really tried this time, but in the end it wasn't meant to be.
    They've basically thrown up their hands and admitted they can't balance PVP with 34 specs. Conclusion, FOTM after FOTM after FOTM. Reality, Gladiator now and in the future will depend on which FOTM you were playing that season.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm guilty of this in the sense that with 1 of almost everything I can be just as ridiculous any given patch depending who's on top. The reality is random PVP is meaningless on this game and from a truly competitive standpoint is just ROFL ROLLED by geared FOTM's.

I think it could be if the raid wasnt one big giant corridor packed with trash to the brim. The bosses are fun the scenario is gorgeous and imersive, but the "level design" of the raid is pretty damm bad imo it could use a lot less trash seeing as it has so many bosses and it also could use wings or branching paths instead of beeing a ginat corridor. Ever since they started LFR raids have been corridors, only diference was before ToT they never had been this big so it didnt look and feel as stupid as it does now. I mena who builds a castel that goes in an endless straight line realy.

That said, aside from Dark Animus wich I hate and Horridon wich I think is meh, the bosses are very good, didnt have this much fun killing bosses in a long time (since IcC Id say wich was my vote on the poll).

And isnt your poll missing tier 11, tier 14 Molten Core and tier 4/5 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ciah View Post
    The tier isn't even over yet for world first guilds, it's a bit early for everyone else to be judging it...
    Considering how most raiders won't be doing heroic modes I don't think it really matters.

---------- Post added 2013-03-17 at 01:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rodney View Post
    not so impressed so far.. ulduar, icc.. hell the whole lich king era was much better.. again.. whos thunder king? what did he do?
    So basically you completely ignored all the lore in Pandaria. Good job.

I couldn't vote for ulduar and ToT yet to see all of ToT on normal (currently stuck on whorridon) but so far it seems defidently on par or better with ulduar

I know that it is definitly my favorite raid dungeon of this expansion so far. It's still too early in the tier to determine where it ranks against the best raid tiers so ill wait a bit for that.

Not only were BC raids the best, Kara/Sunwell/BT. BC also had the best raiding structure the game has ever had. Separate 10/25m raids. Not the same shit done 4 different ways. 10/25 normal/heroic. And now LFR. Raiding was actually a group effort back then. There was more camaraderie (SP?) on servers and within guilds.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly it's about the same to me. They both have amazing and varied environments inside, you really do feel like you're invading a fortress.

The only downside to the raid is how linear it is, had it been a bit more open with options like Ulduar, I would undoubtedly claim it to be the best instance they ever created.

As far as interesting and mechanically cool bosses go I think ToT is one of the best. The bosses are really creative as a whole.

But I'll give ToT the nod because all in all it's the best patch they have ever released. When they released Ulduar that is ALL we got and while it was an amazing raid it was just that, a raid. 5.2 gives us a raid the size of Ulduar, two new world bosses (one being on a whole new mini piece of land where you can grind for rewards), a whole new piece of land easily tripling the size of Isle of Quel'Danas with lots of reasons to go there, and finally new rare spawns to Pandaria.

Honestly the patch itself is what's really impressive about the game. 5.2 is literally like combining Fury of the Sunwell with the Secrets of Ulduar (and a little bit more).

Going by wowprogress numbers, there are more guilds that cleared t14 end bosses than guilds that have killed Horridon, the second boss in the instance. I think it's a bit early for a poll like that.

The tuning is kind of insane this tier. The actual mechanics are fairly interesting and unique on most fights. Lei Shen reminded me of Illidan with the crazy amount of phases and diverse mechanics. It's too bad the first transition is the hardest part of the fight while p3 is the easiest though. I'm looking forward to it on heroic.

Best tier ever? I'm unsure, but it's up there. Better than Dragon Soul? 1000x yes. The only thing I don't dig this tier is a few annoying fights and how linear it is. Having it more open like Ulduar would have been fantastic and probably cemented it as the best raid ever.

Oondasta with xrealm was a helluva sight too. I'm unsure if my realm can muster a group able to down him now, which is pretty sad.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2013-03-17 at 07:16 AM.

Deleted
    Tier 11 was cooler

Yanno, I thought I would be annoyed by the linearity of it too (I mean, I think wings are better "in theory"), but I think the raid has a more consistent theme and story when done linearly. You have the Zandalari footsoldiers guarding the outside, and then when you push inside, TK comes and says "LOL NO BREH!" and tclaps you down into the sewers, and you have to literally fight monsters in the dark, gradually working your way up to find a bird with feathers that allow you to climb into the palace proper. Then, you find a "wing" of Mogu experimentation (Durumu, Primordius, Dark Animus) which are just totally creepy and awesome. And then the final wing, the Mogu themselves (Qon, Consorts, Lei Shen). It's really amazing imo.

And besides, whoever did ICC, progression wise, outside the order of Plague Wing -> Blood Wing -> Whatever wing Valithria was considered? Maybe you skipped H-Putricide to do Blood Wing first, but meh. And Ulduar, what "wings" were there? There was two skippable but laughably easy bosses so you might as well do them (ignis and Razorscale), an optional boss in Iron Council, and then 4 bosses after Auriya who you needed to kill to proceed further in the instance, so they weren't skippable at all. So unless you count getting to choose which of the 4 keepers you wanted to do in what order the flexibility of "wings," idk what the fuss is about it. Most people went Hodir, Thorim, Freya, Mimiron anyways because that's just where you came out in the circlular middle of Ulduar.

Simple answer, no. Ulduar was a bit more accessible and visually nice as it wasn't all about undead in the undead themed expansion, but maybe I'm a bit jaded as I'm sick of troll-themed patches in general (even if this one is a mix of troll and mogu) and wish they were all extinct by now...that and I thought Lei Shen's power was hyped up to stupid levels lore-wise, the mogu overall to me are just a side story to the expansion and it's still kinda dumb that they went from outcast hicks to now being everywhere on panda land swarming. Just my thoughts anyways, the fights themselves in ToT aren't bad for the most part and it's still better than other tiers like DS and TotC.
    Last edited by xezar; 2013-03-17 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noorri View Post
    I prefered Dragon Soul to both T14 and T15 though.
    Lost credibility there.
    OT: Only 2/12 atm but watched videos for most of the other fights and they look like a lot of fun, especially tortos. Should be a great tier.

We call it Throne of Trash. Because that's really all it is.

None of the bosses are as memorable as Ulduar. Ji-Kun has a unique room and platform. Animus is different but stupid easy in normal mode. Most of the bosses aren't hard, except for megaera if undergeared, and just have a ton of abilities you have to learn. It's basically like if every single fight was Fire Fighter.

Twins is an interesting fight, but way too easy in normal. We didn't even use the celestials because we couldn't decide on a time to use them. Two shot it.

Deleted
    I really like ToT so far. It's definitly one of my favorite tiers ever. The downside is the trolls, I don't like troll dungeons/raids the best.

Best raid since Ulduar, but not better in my opinion.

How can people say this is on par with Ulduar? I know it is an opinion but if you truly did Ulduar when it was relevant then you must be delusional... New mechanics for each boss, GORGEOUS scenery, immersive floor plan(not one big stupid fucking corridor), HARD MODES instead of heroics, and beautiful weapon models. ToT is similar to Ulduar in length and with an Algalon-esque boss but is not of equal awesomeness to Ulduar: The whole place is extremely gray, you literally follow one path(what kind of castle is that?), Weapon models have similar colours and Tier gear is kind of substandard in the art department(some of the shoulders are quit nice but most have clipping issues), and if you are in passable gear from the last raid tier it really is not too difficult to clear on NORMAL. Heck, my small group of friends that is a guild has some decent progress on Ji-Kun. Slightly dissapointed with all the hype for this raid but also hopeful for the future of raiding if this is the design direction and they can improve it!

Deleted
    I'm surprises the original naxx doesn't get that many votes. I remember when it was launched how amazingly new, gigantic and challenging it was. Yes, many trash, but when you compared boss mechanics to ahn quiraj or BWL, it was far more challenging (with thé exception of patchwerk maybe).

I guess the amount of people who played at high level raids isn't that high nowadays..