Page 1 of 34
... LastLast

'Slaves Should Have Been Grateful' at CPAC

Racism Talk At CPAC Derailed When Attendee Says Slaves Should Have Been Grateful

A panel hosted by “Frederick Douglass Republicans” at CPAC was supposed to be about how Republicans can overcome their issues with race and tolerance spun out of control when an attendee suggested that Douglas should have been grateful to his slave owners “for giving him shelter and food.” Prior to this, another person at the discussion expressed frustration with what he termed the disenfranchisement of “young southern white males.”

During the breakout session called Trump The Race Card: Are You Sick And Tired Of Being Called A Racist When You Know You’re Not One?” which was led by K. Carl Smith, a black conservative activist that committed to the movement full time in 2009, a young man from North Carolina, Scott Terry, asked him about the problems facing white people and segregation.

“It seems to be that you’re reaching out to voters at the expense of young white Southern males,” said Terry, who told the crowd that he had come “to love my people and culture.”

Smith told him that after Douglass became a freeman he wrote a letter to his slavemaster and forgave him.

“For giving him shelter? And food?” Terry muttered, promoting gasping shocks from the crowd.

Terry was accompanied by a man with a Confederate flag, Matthew Heimbach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    We have a bunch of redneck yahoos that like to set them off in the cul de sac where I live, and 60% of their shit ends up in our yard or on our house. Not infracted
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocarbs View Post
    We have a bunch of obnoxious wetbacks that like to play their mariachi music where I live and nearly all their family ends up parking in our yard. Infracted

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... hrmm... at least they weren't in Africa anymore? I dunno. That's a sketchy and complicated issue.

Sigh I guess I hurt some super sensative feelings I do apologize with all sincerity .....
    Last edited by Elite Peon; 2013-03-17 at 03:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite Peon View Post
    Racist and white republican literally mean the same thing . No im not flamming just my experience .
    No, I'm pretty sure you are flaming. As a white republican, I'm offended. Or I would be, if I were somebody who gave a damn...
    Last edited by Kalyyn; 2013-03-17 at 03:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite Peon View Post
    Racist and white republican literally mean the same thing . No im not flamming just my experience .
    no your just making broad generalizations/stereotypical judgements based on ancedotal evidence with nothing concrete to back it up.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

well, i mean... i don't think what he said was right. but, you have to admit that the black population of america has it soooooooooooooo much better than half of them even dream of in africa.

The problem isn't that all Republicans are racist, just that the Republican party gives safe haven to the ones that are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dantian View Post
    The problem isn't that all Republicans are racist, just that the Republican party gives safe haven to the ones that are.
    The Democrats give Chris Mathews a voice, and I can't think of someone off the top of my head more racist than he is >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    The Democrats give Chris Mathews a voice, and I can't think of someone off the top of my head more racist than he is >.>
    lou dobbs? the head of the kkk? the entirety of the gestapo? i can think of quite a few people.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread write hear is gonna cause alot of shit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    lou dobbs? the head of the kkk? the entirety of the gestapo? i can think of quite a few people.
    I know absolutely nothing about Lou Dobbs.

And are you going to tell me that you can name the leader of the Klan off the top of your head? Because I sure can't.

And even then, I think Chris Mathews is a strong competitor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    I know absolutely nothing about Lou Dobbs.

And are you going to tell me that you can name the leader of the Klan off the top of your head? Because I sure can't.

And even then, I think Chris Mathews is a strong competitor.
    not by name no. i dont really think chris matthews is that bad. i've heard much worse.

Most Republicans are not actively racist. But, they don't care much about the lives of the disenfranchised, includes those races that have been subjected to persecution in the past and thus face an infinitely more uphill battle to have a good life. So when people think to themselves "I'm not racist!", they might well be correct, but they're not thinking about all of the racist policies that their party supports, no matter how passively.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    not by name no. i dont really think chris matthews is that bad. i've heard much worse.
    Yeah, he's certainly not biggest racist, just one of the most annoying. It's upsetting because he makes blatantly offensive statements, then whenever somebody calls him out on it he gets so mad he almost shits himself, then claims that they are racist.

---------- Post added 2013-03-17 at 03:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by beingmused View Post
    Most Republicans are not actively racist. But, they don't care much about the lives of the disenfranchised, includes those races that have been subjected to persecution in the past and thus face an infinitely more uphill battle to have a good life. So when people think to themselves "I'm not racist!", they might well be correct, but they're not thinking about all of the racist policies that their party supports, no matter how passively.
    I apologize for using you as an example, but this is one of my big political peeves. Republicans make policies with financial classes in mind. So what you should be doing is looking at policies and going "hey, that hurts poor people! You hate poor people!" Rather than "Hey, that hurts poor people! You hate blacks and mexicans!"

He thinks Southern white males are being discriminated against? His candidates pander to his demographic specifically in the GOP primaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Daelin Proudmoore View Post
    He thinks Southern white males are being discriminated against? His candidates pander to his demographic specifically in the GOP primaries.
    Ironically there are more poor white people in the south on foodstamps and welfare than there are any other race throughout the country. I find it absolutely hilarious that the people claiming Southern White Males are being discriminated against are the ones doing the discriminating against them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow he was very igneront

Quote Originally Posted by dantian View Post
    1) I am not a Republican. Nor am I a Democrat. Both sides can go fly their kites in the wind, as far as I'm concerned.

2) Both sides "give safe haven" to racists. The difference is how it's reported. If a Democrat makes a racist statement, it's reported by Fox news and thousands of bloggers around the world, everyone gasps, and then forgets about it within a week. If a Republican makes a racist statement, it's reported by MSNBC and CNN and thousands of bloggers around the world, everyone gasps, and then forgets about it within a week.

3) Don't believe my previous statement about Democrats? Read up on some of the charming statements made in the past by Joe Biden, Harry Reid and others.

Why don't they just move back to Africa if they don't like living in America so much?

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2013-03-17 at 03:58 AM.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's a pretty sad day when an entire political party has to get together and say to each other "Okay, can we NOT appear to be racist?"
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven