Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    no...sorry...it has to be your culture for it to be a valid excuse, cant just be you
    If it has to be your culture wouldnt this be a never ending cycle since the culture apparently hasnt changed since the times you referenced? Or is there something else were not addressing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Im sure there are...and Im sure some of them are black...some are white..some are smurfs...
    What does this have to do with anything?

15+ Year Old Account
    They would have to get jobs? Less time to sit and talk about how the white man is holding them down? Oh the humanity.....But lets assume there are 1 million people on welfare (just for easy numbers sake)...then lets assume 275,000 of them are legitimately unable to find work of any kind, or are totally incapable of working due to a medical condition or family obligations... then lets assume that another 275,000 cant find work because they are black and encounter racism in the hiring practices of workplaces...that still leaves half the population of people on welfare that could be working, it may not be jobs they like...or pay as much as they want, but their are plenty of jobs out there

---------- Post added 2013-03-20 at 05:35 PM ----------

I dont condone that either...as far as Im concerned, they should be thrown in the same prison with everyone else
    Great, more unsubstantiated claims and some nice random unemployment numbers too, oh yea there are so many jobs out there. Fact: The vast majority of welfare programs go to children, infants, single mothers, and the poor elderly.

Most people on social programs have a job of some kind.

---------- Post added 2013-03-20 at 08:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    If ancestral circumstances dictate one's lot in life, I demand restitution for the Irish potato famine of 1845, the treatment of the Choctaw people, and America's involvement in Vietnam.

I will not work another day until I am compensated, and I should be free to use those injustices and natural events as reasoning for robbery and murder.
    Your family was affected immensely from these events, hence the reason why the #1 indicator of future income is your parents and your parent's parents income and assets.

Secondly your entire culture isn't connected to the fact that you were thrown out of your home, onto a boat, and spent the rest of your life in complete servitude to another human being for your entire life. Black culture is abound with showing the trauma and oppression that has been waged for the past 150 years against them. You are picturing their life in a vacuum, an equal opportunity vacuum, and reality isn't that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Your family was affected immensely from these events, hence the reason why the #1 indicator of future income is your parents and your parent's parents income and assets.

Secondly your entire culture isn't connected to the fact that you were thrown out of your home, onto a boat, and spent the rest of your life in complete servitude to another human being for your entire life. Black culture is abound with showing the trauma and oppression that has been waged for the past 150 years against them. You are picturing their life in a vacuum, an equal opportunity vacuum, and reality isn't that way.
    None of that precludes people from being held accountable for their own actions.

They didn't rob a liquor store because an ancestor was a slave, they robbed a liquor store because they wanted money and didn't want to earn it the hard way.

15+ Year Old Account
    None of that precludes people from being held accountable for their own actions.

They didn't rob a liquor store because an ancestor was a slave, they robbed a liquor store because they wanted money and didn't want to earn it the hard way.
    Stop whitewashing American history between whites and minorities. Racism still exists in prisons, the justice system, and in law enforcement. That is why the inner-city is called the fucking "TRAP". Because it is a vicious cycle of despair, death, drugs, and no hope. You are automatically assuming the black male that robs a liquor store did not try to get money the "hard way". But your right, no investment in black areas, not enough family wealth for private property, horrible living and education conditions, these young males should pull up their bootstraps and get a nice job at the fucking ice cream parlor on the white side of town, live the good white boys.

Stop whitewashing American history between whites and minorities. Racism still exists in prisons, the justice system, and in law enforcement. That is why the inner-city is called the fucking "TRAP". Because it is a vicious cycle of despair, death, drugs, and no hope. You are automatically assuming the black male that robs a liquor store did not try to get money the "hard way". But your right, no investment in black areas, not enough family wealth for private property, horrible living and education conditions, these young males should pull up their bootstraps and get a nice job at the fucking ice cream parlor on the white side of town, live the good white boys.
    So because earning money is hard, it's okay to rob people if you're a minority? Jesus, we've reached new heights.

15+ Year Old Account
    So because earning money is hard, it's okay to rob people if you're a minority? Jesus, we've reached new heights.
    No, that's not what I am saying, and you are ignoring the conditions they are raised in.

No, that's not what I am saying, and you are ignoring the conditions they are raised in.
    How does any of this result in excusing their actions? I get that the conditions suck, but that doesn't justify a life of crime.

Also, pretending that the government doesn't throw huge piles of money at low income minorities is so ridiculous I almost can't take it seriously.

How does any of this result in excusing their actions? I get that the conditions suck, but that doesn't justify a life of crime.

Also, pretending that the government doesn't throw huge piles of money at low income minorities is so ridiculous I almost can't take it seriously.
    I agree.

Let the poor, elderly and the lame languish in the alley's and gutters like they do in India. If they get tired of it, all they need to do is scrape the filth off their suits and get a job.

15+ Year Old Account

Of course it does, when you don't value your life because society and community really don't give two shits about your existence, then why give a fuck at all?

Riiight, all those blacks with Obama-phones and block-walled projects are living the fucking life, high on the fucking hog.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    I agree.

Let the poor, elderly and the lame languish in the alley's and gutters like they do in India. If they get tired of it, all they need to do is scrape the filth off their suits and get a job.
    Right, because being poor in this country means:

-During the year 4% of the poor became temporarily homeless. Forty percent live in apartments, less than 10% in mobile homes or trailers and about 50% live in standard one-family homes. In fact, 42% own their own home.
    -The vast majority are in good repair, with more living space per person than the average non-poor person in Britain, France or Sweden.
    -Ninety-six percent of poor parents say their children were never hungry during the year due to an inability to afford food.
    -Eighty percent of poor households have air conditioning and 92% have a microwave.
    -One-third of poor households have a wide-screen plasma or LCD TV, 70% have a VCR and two-thirds have satellite/cable TV, the same proportion as own at least one DVD player.
    -Half of the povery households have a personal computer and one-in-seven have two or more.
    -And half of those with children have a video game system like Xbox.
    -Almost 75% have a car or truck and nearly a third have two.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/wash...cord-2010.html

Man, it's like living in the gutter and being forced to wash your clothes in the Ganges river, except you get to watch TV and use a personal computer.

So sick of the "woe is us" mentality minorities are spewing these days. Life sucks, it's long and hard, and you're working towards paying for your own casket.

Blaming your race and slavery as a reason why you commit crime is disgusting.

Of course it does, when you don't value your life because society and community really don't give two shits about your existence, then why give a fuck at all?

Riiight, all those blacks with Obama-phones and block-walled projects are living the fucking life, high on the fucking hog.
    It doesn't technically excuse their behavior if they break the law, regardless of race. The issue we're having here is that blacks generally liver in lower-income neighborhoods with higher crime density. There are a myriad of factors and race, while one of them, is not, or ever, the sole (or even chief) reason for criminal behavior.

Right, because being poor in this country means:

-During the year 4% of the poor became temporarily homeless. Forty percent live in apartments, less than 10% in mobile homes or trailers and about 50% live in standard one-family homes. In fact, 42% own their own home.
    -The vast majority are in good repair, with more living space per person than the average non-poor person in Britain, France or Sweden.
    -Ninety-six percent of poor parents say their children were never hungry during the year due to an inability to afford food.
    -Eighty percent of poor households have air conditioning and 92% have a microwave.
    -One-third of poor households have a wide-screen plasma or LCD TV, 70% have a VCR and two-thirds have satellite/cable TV, the same proportion as own at least one DVD player.
    -Half of the povery households have a personal computer and one-in-seven have two or more.
    -And half of those with children have a video game system like Xbox.
    -Almost 75% have a car or truck and nearly a third have two.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/wash...cord-2010.html

Man, it's like living in the gutter and being forced to wash your clothes in the Ganges river, except you get to watch TV and use a personal computer.
    Good thing we have programs in place that enable the poor to live decent lives, eh?

I've been that poor. Society doesn't give two shits about a single white male, especially not the government.

You know what I didn't do? Squander my money by making bad choices.

I'll be the first person to talk about income disparity and how it's a pipe dream to expect people to just pull themselves up by their boot straps and turn themselves in a millionaire. What I won't agree with, is that by being a minority you're somehow downtrodden by society, and treated unfairly. This isn't 1960, it's 2013.

I've been that poor. Society doesn't give two shits about a single white male, especially not the government.

You know what I didn't do? Squander my money by making bad choices.

I'll be the first person to talk about income disparity and how it's a pipe dream to expect people to just pull themselves up by their boot straps and turn themselves in a millionaire. What I won't agree with, is that by being a minority you're somehow downtrodden by society, and treated unfairly. This isn't 1960, it's 2013.
    Yeah, things are a major improvement from half a century ago. There still is a lot more work to be done. There is still discrimination, there is still policies being put in place that on paper supposed to apply to everyone but in practice only really applied to minorities (stop-N'-frisk in NY for example) based on suspicion. We can argue just how someone is being discriminated against and if they have a viable case, and it's a discussion worth having. Handwaving such issues however doesn't help and only fuel's the perception by people that they're second-class.

Great, more unsubstantiated claims and some nice random unemployment numbers too, oh yea there are so many jobs out there. Fact: The vast majority of welfare programs go to children, infants, single mothers, and the poor elderly.

Most people on social programs have a job of some kind.

---------- Post added 2013-03-20 at 08:16 PM ----------

perhaps you have a reading disability...or maybe your ancestors were blinded or some other bullshit you want to spout about why you dont actually want to read a post before replying, made up numbers so you could easily comprehend it...which apparently didnt take...maybe I should have used 10 instead of 1 million......So you are really going to sit there and tell me more then HALF the people on welfare are completely and totally unable to support themselves? I call bullshit...total and utter bullshit....I'm a single father..know what i do? I stay up with my son during the day, sleep a couple hours when he goes to bed, work all night then if Im lucky catch another couple hours when I get home before he gets up...cant take the responsibility of being a single parent? close your legs/keep it in your pants.....

10+ Year Old Account
    perhaps you have a reading disability...or maybe your ancestors were blinded or some other bullshit you want to spout about why you dont actually want to read a post before replying, made up numbers so you could easily comprehend it...which apparently didnt take...maybe I should have used 10 instead of 1 million......So you are really going to sit there and tell me more then HALF the people on welfare are completely and totally unable to support themselves? I call bullshit...total and utter bullshit....I'm a single father..know what i do? I stay up with my son during the day, sleep a couple hours when he goes to bed, work all night then if Im lucky catch another couple hours when I get home before he gets up...cant take the responsibility of being a single parent? close your legs/keep it in your pants.....
    Because, you know, nobody ever gets stabbed in the back by somebody they loved.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    Because, you know, nobody ever gets stabbed in the back by somebody they loved.
    You dont need to tell me about that...the main point is that you need to buck up and take responsibility for what you created, instead of sitting back and expecting the taxpayers to do it for you

10+ Year Old Account
    You dont need to tell me about that...the main point is that you need to buck up and take responsibility for what you created, instead of sitting back and expecting the taxpayers to do it for you
    You were saying that people shouldn't have kids if they can't afford it, as though nobody ever has kids when they can, and then something transpires and they can no longer sufficiently do so. It's a generalisation and one that should be avoided. When you make blanket statements you put the people you're trying to convince on the defensive, and they're less likely to come around.

I love this attitude, like single minority parents somehow aren't trying to do just that. I've seen plenty enough single mothers working their collective arses off to provide for their kids, but still this "welfare queen" line that was long since dis-proven keeps getting spouted.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Good thing we have programs in place that enable the poor to live decent lives, eh?
    Yep, and thankfully those programs are not limited to only white people.