Thumbs down Need help please

So yesterday spent half of my day installing the game again all went fine slow but fine. Problem started with i went to the trade network figured my healer companion needs better items however no matter what i try to search for nothing shows up....i tried to go on forums you know customer support says i do nor have the rights or some crap to create threads???

So question is was the free to play a coy were if you dont pay you cant use most basic of game things??

really wanted to play the game but already considering quiting if i am forced to pay i wanted to play free then if enjoyed myself i would have sub'd

Thanks.

Leave the text field blank and just use the drop downs in the GTN interface. Look into online databases if you want to search for a specific item (such as http://www.torhead.com/ and http://db.darthhater.com/). Please consider that some slots (implants/relics) are not available until certain levels. Questing will provide you with adequate companion gear assuming you pay attention to the quest rewards. Also consider using planet comms for items or item mods for your or your companions' artifact gear (assuming you've acquired an artifact authorization from the GTN or the Cartel Market if you choose to play for free).

Always keep in mind that the less restrictive you are in your GTN searches, the more likely it is that you will find available items that may interest you.

PS: Don't use the "Usable By" drop down (whichever one lists your companions, etc), just figure out the armor type or weapon type you need and go from there. That option field has never been productive to me.

You don't have to pay to use the GTN, nor is the GTN necessary to level if you quest enough, though I understand that F2P members may lose access to some specific quest rewards. As well, forum participation isn't really game content (though, it's not exactly a very convincing "premium-content" contender either), but I think the forums would be in much worse shape if anyone with an email address could post on them.

Best of luck to you.
    Last edited by Potato Bus; 2013-03-17 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
    So yesterday spent half of my day installing the game again all went fine slow but fine. Problem started with i went to the trade network figured my healer companion needs better items however no matter what i try to search for nothing shows up....i tried to go on forums you know customer support says i do nor have the rights or some crap to create threads???

So question is was the free to play a coy were if you dont pay you cant use most basic of game things??

really wanted to play the game but already considering quiting if i am forced to pay i wanted to play free then if enjoyed myself i would have sub'd

Thanks.
    It's not the F2P. The GTN has been terrible since launch. They've only slightly improved it since.

To add to the tips above, make sure the item level is not set to "Any" but "Standard" or above. I have no idea why the "Any" search parameter doesn't work, but it won't return any results if you chose it.