Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    The single parent that lives down the road from you, the one that works 3 jobs and has only a high school diploma, is no more a looser than the happy couple living in the mansion with all the creature comforts.

I really cannot believe that anyone would accuse their own parents of being losers, after all the hard work they do to bring you up. You should not only be ashamed of yourself, but you should look round and see what you would not have if your parents had not paid for it for you.
    Well said.

---------- Post added 2013-03-17 at 10:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    We'll my parents and I have gotten into physical fights, but it wasn't really beating because I was equally to blame. And I wasn't a small child at the time I was in the order from age 16-17.
    Who haven't been in a fight with their parents? In my earlier ages of puberty, I did actually fight my dad every now and then. Most of it being my own fault. I would NEVER call my parents losers because of it.

Deleted
    I really look up to my parents and they really help me a lot (they wouldn't even allow me to work when I was in high school because they rather had me enjoying my child hood and focusing on school). But yeah my father joined the air force even though his parents always said he would never make it, and he'd be better of getting some shitty desk job. But yeah he went his own way and proved them wrong, and I really do look up to that, even though he got kicked out of the air force after a year lol.. (now he's a commercial pilot for the dutch company Transavia). So well thats my fathers story, my mother is a psychologist now and that can be fairly anojing because she always wants to talk and when your grumpy once she immidialty thinks you are depressed, but she's still a sweethearth though.

It's a shame so many people find their parents losers ;(

Yes, they did fail at a lot of things. But I forgive them of that because to expect my parents to be perfect under imperfect circumstances and in an imperfect world would be silly. But I am still readily aware of the mistakes they made raising me.
    You forgive them? These "poor losers" conceived you, and by your description, scraped by with low wage jobs to feed, clothe and shelter you through your adolescence and you FORGIVE them? That is beyond fucked up!

If you truly feel this way I have nothing but pity for you sir. Pity because you just do not get it. That you consider capital gain to be the measure of how good someone is. That you think a "higher education" makes you better than those with less education.

You, sir, fail in regards of life and of love. You have no appreciation to what has been handed to you. You fail! You are the loser! Your parents are the winners. They win because they can overlook your folly and still hold love in their hearts for such an ungrateful and wretched son; that they can hope to dream he will learn the lesson, that life experience is the true higher form of education!

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    The single parent that lives down the road from you, the one that works 3 jobs and has only a high school diploma, is no more a looser than the happy couple living in the mansion with all the creature comforts.

I really cannot believe that anyone would accuse their own parents of being losers, after all the hard work they do to bring you up. You should not only be ashamed of yourself, but you should look round and see what you would not have if your parents had not paid for it for you.
    Maybe that single mom should have thought about having a kid instead of blindly spreading her legs? She should have gotten a decent job before having a child, and I hold no sympathy for people who do not think ahead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, my mother is a very well-paid supervising nurse at a local hospital and my father works in a warehouse (he dropped out of college, but was pursuing a degree to be an Actuarial). He can do pretty intense math in his head quicker than most people can get out a calculator. I love them both and I'm glad for how they've shaped me into the person I am today.

10+ Year Old Account
    With every post the op makes less sense to me. And I think you don't need a college degree to make sense.

Oh btw. could you add to your definition of "loser" and "poor" your definition for "decent job" and "crapy career". Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Father was a wife beater, who abused substances and drink - also stole from my mother. I'd say he's a loser, but i also want to meet him - to gauge how he is, and if we could strike some sort of relationship up.

Mother is a slightly crazy women, but is harmless really - she's just mega paranoid. I'd say she's an ok parent, three children on your own in a new part of the country (Belfast to Cambridge) is hard.

Overall - I could of had worse parents!
    Ohoh, we have pretty similar parents. My father was also in jail for pretty much all of my childhood though. I did get to meet him and he's kind of an asshole, he doesn't care for no one, nor himself. Has bad health, his brain does not seem to be working so well anymore, doctors told him to take care of his health more and stop eating unhealthy food after he had a heart attack, but he doesn't give a f*.

Mom pretty similar, she had 2 children though and we're in Canada, so she was getting money from the government to compensate. While she did have more than enough money to do so however, she always bought things for herself and never gave much to her children other than food/necessary stuff.(which led to me and my bro being known as the poor kids of the neighborhood / being beat up and insulted by every other kid ofcourse) She is also pretty bad at managing money, so now she's got no more and I gotta help her pay her rents.

Could have been worse on my side too, but they're still losers and horrible parents from my point of view.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe that single mom should have thought about having a kid instead of blindly spreading her legs? She should have gotten a decent job before having a child, and I hold no sympathy for people who do not think ahead.
    Wow. Just, wow. I'm unable to give a comment on this one, except, grow up!

Maybe I'm old, but it strikes me as so horribly disrespectful the way some of you talk to your parents. you likely have very little idea what they themselves have been through.

the respect shown for parents in this thread is absolutely shocking aside from a few posts. and quite frankly, says alot about the current generation of young 'adults'..

Quote Originally Posted by dontknowdoya View Post
    You forgive them? These "poor losers" conceived you, and by your description, scraped by with low wage jobs to feed, clothe and shelter you through your adolescence and you FORGIVE them? That is beyond fucked up!

If you truly feel this way I have nothing but pity for you sir. Pity because you just do not get it. That you consider capital gain to be the measure of how good someone is. That you think a "higher education" makes you better than those with less education.

You, sir, fail in regards of life and of love. You have no appreciation to what has been handed to you. You fail! You are the loser! Your parents are the winners. They win because they can overlook your folly and still hold love in their hearts for such an ungrateful and wretched son; that they can hope to dream he will learn the lesson, that life experience is the true higher form of education!
    Be thankful to them for conceiving me? Are you serious? They bumped uglys one night and I was the burden that popped out on their shoulders 9 months later. And I am supposed to be thankful for that? I am supposed to be thankful for being dragged through life poor, weird, messed up, etc?

Deleted
    Thread was okay at start but at the end, it's been more focused on just one person, that's okay but not the way it's going since some people are bashing that person, that's not very helpful to the thread, and people won't just lay off with a simple "stop doing that", so I'm just going to close this.