Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McLockhart View Post
    Don't ever shit where you eat. Nothing good can come out of it if you value your job.

That said, I had a similar experience. I was a daily supervisor at a small firm and had a colleague who apparently were attracted to me. She'd make all sorts of subtle signals like making sure she was alone with me in a room and wear outfits that were revealing. She's make sure that whenever another woman was asking me something, that women had to do some very important work at another place in the building.
    Lastly, the company once held a personal party near the beach in the summer. She got me to follow her to another part of the beach and wanted me to help her put on sunscreen. I did that and she then took off her bra. I kindly helped her out and then put her bra back on, like the idiot I was.

Finally I noticed all these signals and ended up doing her in her office. Things got bad between us and it turned out she also had a boyfriend. I had to quit my job, but I quickly found another.

Take from me. Don't get involved. Nothing good, except sex, can come from it.
    Huh, I guess that's where the phrase: 'Doesn't matter, had sex' comes from.

Was she hot btw? Just asking. :P

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meteoria View Post
    My mace can fires 3 types of shotgun. I WIN!
    Maybe a shotgun that fires actual maces?
    Man, I've got bags under my eyes... BAGS OF MONEY!
    See ya later, peasants.

Praise The Sun!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravegirl View Post
    lol guys and mace. That made me laugh. Be a real man.
    Disagree. Mace her, then file a complaint with HR, then find where she lives and kick over her mailbox.

Not talking about the co-worker, I mean do that to anyone who says "be a real man" as if it has a static meaning.

Deleted
    Screw these naysayers, OP. Lots of good things can come from work relationships. In fact, work is where most adult people find their loved ones. Life's about taking risks. Find out who the girl is, and then figure out if the risk is worth taking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well she was a redhead. Does that answer your question?
    Red heads are crazy species, trust me.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Deleted
    Well she was a redhead. Does that answer your question?
    Yes.

My favorite hair color. But all redheads so far have rejected me.

Thus is the question: Why are most girls I actually get to talk with and get their number redheads but always reject me.
    Last edited by mmoc5ad709a1f5; 2013-03-18 at 01:14 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by James Tiberius Kirk View Post
    Whoever it is, fuck that.

Never date people you work with.
    ^ This is probably the best answer.

I do not care a single bit who starts at my work because "I do not shit were I eat". Work romances are almost never a good thing. We had some people trying at my work. Always ended up with chaos and one quitting the job.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    ^ This is probably the best answer.

I do not care a single bit who starts at my work because "I do not shit were I eat". Work romances are almost never a good thing. We had some people trying at my work. Always ended up with chaos and one quitting the job.
    I actually agree with him too partially.

'Whoever it is: fuck that.'

Take a risk.

10+ Year Old Account
    The above post is the post of the year, so much nuttiness. Oh my god xD
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't take me seriously on this one but:
    I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that you've got unresolved issues with your mother. You've always been attracted to her. But since you could never have her because your father's got her, you've felt the need to act like your father in order to attract a woman similar to your mother. This it would seem like your father always have reacted negatively towards redheads.

Finally, you might also be attracted to women who reject you. This shows that you've in your early childhood been rejected by your mother and thus find rejection a part of your subconscious attraction to women.

Sorry, learning Freud in High School has clearly damaged me, as you can see
    It'll screw up your theory if his mother is black.

Like what other people are already saying here,

DON'T. D O N ' T date within the "team". Its just bad. Ever think what happens during work when/if you guys were to break up? Its really effing awkward in the work place.

there are other people outside of your work place. Not saying your supervisor isn't "the one", but seriously, why make it harder for yourself in the long run if worst comes to worst?

even batman says its bad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctElF0zCi24&t=0m6s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post
    Yes.

My favorite hair color. But all redheads so far have rejected me.

Thus is the question: Why are most girls I actually get to talk with and get their number redheads but always reject me.
    Obviously because gingers don't have souls and they just enjoy leading you on to crush you at a later time.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Deleted
    Don't take me seriously on this one but:
    I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that you've got unresolved issues with your mother. You've always been attracted to her. But since you could never have her because your father's got her, you've felt the need to act like your father in order to attract a woman similar to your mother. This it would seem like your father always have reacted negatively towards redheads.

Finally, you might also be attracted to women who reject you. This shows that you've in your early childhood been rejected by your mother and thus find rejection a part of your subconscious attraction to women.

Sorry, learning Freud in High School has clearly damaged me, as you can see
    She is not a redhead....she has brown hair....also I was never rejected by my mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Guinzil View Post
    Screw these naysayers, OP. Lots of good things can come from work relationships. In fact, work is where most adult people find their loved ones. Life's about taking risks. Find out who the girl is, and then figure out if the risk is worth taking.
    Doesn't mean you should date within your immediate division/department.

If you're in finance and she's in marketing, its not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrybathtub View Post
    Stay away from these work relationships. They're a recipe for disaster.
    Sound fucking advice. Just look at this for a second. Your not even dating this secret admirer yet and everyone in the office is asking you veiled questions about it. This means that this admirer is telling everyone about this crush like some high school thing and getting people to ask you questions for her. Imagine if you actually start dating the person, people at work will be bothering you about it everyday and making your social life their source of gossip. If you break up or scorn her, have fun having the whole office hate you as they seem to friendly with her from your story.

The whole secret admirer thing just screams bad idea to me at the workplace.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2013-03-18 at 01:34 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Deleted
    What about Elliot and JD in Scrubs? They made it work. I know it is a sitcom but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    Confidence or being an asshole. They both work, people often don't know the difference, sadly.
    It's true. I'm an asshole and people often misconstrue it for confidence..

---------- Post added 2013-03-18 at 02:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    The above post is the post of the year, so much nuttiness. Oh my god xD
    Lol that guy went ouot on a limb there... mid-terms studying does messed up things to people aha

Buy a cheap camera and hide it somwhere in your cubicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post
    also I was never rejected by my mother.
    So she 'accepted' you? Dude, that's sick.

Wasn't just me thinking that, right?

Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    or better yet... your mace shotgun... mine shoots out 3 different types of mace
    Ooh pine scented.

I mean OW OW OW OH GOD IT BURNS!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.