All fights in ToT are 2 tank?

Are all 12/12 fights in ToT need to have 2 tanks? No solo tank fight(for non-paladin tank who cannot clear off debuff themselves)?

Pallies can solo tank durumu as far as I've heard.

They seem to have pretty much just thrown a stacking tank debuff in for every fight just to ensure it's 2 tanked. Really my only complaint of it overall, everything is great but unless it was to make things easier to balance, two tanking just for the sake of it seems silly.

Deleted
    ^Any tanking class can with a pala in the raid.

Regarding the topic, you can solotank quite a lot of the fights with wellgeared tanks/clever strategies, but I don't really see any fight where it's an actual advantage assuming that you have two equally skilled/geared tanks.

Hand of Protection/Divine Shield will clear "tank swap debuffs" on Horridon, Ji-kun, Durumu, Iron Qon and Lei Shen. You'll usually need two pallies with Clemency to cover everything but Durumu, Iron Qon and Lei Shen have intermissions that will allow the debuff to fall by itself, so you'd only need one.

You can go with a single tank for Tortos if you're confident you can chain stun & kill the bats before they have a chance to drain the tank.

monks can solo tank council if you have a high uptime on EB, his frozen stacks are dodgable.

also not sure if your 25 man or 10 man but my guild is using 3 tanks for dark animus because it becomes a joke compared to it being pretty hectic with 2. especially if u have 2 dks able to tank they can AMS the debuff of the mega golems off themselves if they use it during the golems cast. then u have 2 tanks for each golem and 1 tank dragging the little golems in to be killed and then getting the boss.

Pallies can solo:
    Horridon (N)
    Tortos (N)
    JiKun (N)
    Durumu (N)
    Iron Qon (N)
    MAYBE Lei Shen. Can bubble through decap, and the knockback debuff doesnt stack and won't kill you. Not sure about phase 3 tho, even with HoPur it'd be rough stacking that debuff.

Other tanks can probably as well, I've heard some solo-tank Megaera, Council as mentioned. You could likely solo-tank Dark Animus, if you could effectively kite adds or otherwise dump them fast enough (only works on burn/cheese strat of killing into inactives and nuking boss).

Overall, this is one of the most 1-tank friendly tiers so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Pallies can solo:
    Horridon (N)
    Tortos (N)
    JiKun (N)
    Durumu (N)
    Iron Qon (N)
    Overall, this is one of the most 1-tank friendly tiers so far.
    Add JinRokh, Council, Twin Consorts to that list. And probably more. To tired to think atm.