Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Civilization 5 - Brave New World

Information:

http://www.civilization5.com/bravenewworld/
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013...world-preview/
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/03/15/ci...and-diplomacy/

Anyone else looking forward to picking this up? I'm happy to see that they're reworking the culture victory, changing it into a way that makes more sense then just completing 5 policy trees. The archaeology system sounds interesting as well, encouraging exploration in the later game rather than just uncovering tiles and being done with it.

The World Congress system sounds like a cross between the Planetary Council from SMAC/the UN from Civ 4, with you needing to meet all the other civilizations first etc before you can vote. They mentioned that they've changed the lead-in to the diplomatic win, hoping they have changed it so it's no longer a "buy city states at last moment and win" method.

New civilizations - the only one we know of so far is Poland, whose UA is a free social policy each time they advance an era. With one of the scenarios being set in Africa, I think it's a safe bet to assume Zulus will be in, and I would be surprised if Portugal isn't included either (with the changed trade route system, exploration being a factor etc.)

There are other new features as well such as a new trade route mechanic, tourism, ideologies etc. It's due to be released this summer, hoping it will be a June release like G&K was.

I'm mixed. I wasn't a huge fan of what G&K Added, so I'm a bit skeptical. However, anything to improve the cultural victory and diplomacy would be quite welcome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, CivV didn't keep my interest anywhere near as well as the previous titles. I still consider it a "good" game though, and will probably pick this up to tinker with.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    Quite interested in where this is going. Promises sound good.
    I had little praise for the original Civilization 5 and found myself quickly losing interested in it. Gods & Kings helped a lot in keeping me more interested and as far as expansions goes, it was excellent. So I'm looking quite forward to Brave New World if they keep it up.

I haven't played Civ V in a while, but I'm looking for reasons to pick it back up.

15+ Year Old Account
    820 hrs. played for me, would have been much more w/o Borderlands 2 But I am looking forward to it. I liked most of what G&K added but I wished they had been more creative on faction side specifically the Byzantium for me.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!