Ret seal question

So I did a few tests on an 85 test dummy yesterday and I was a little puzzled by the results. I wanted to see how much of an impact the seal of truth glyph did, so I first put on seal of justice and judged the test dummy. My seal did 13188 damage. I then changed to seal of truth (no glyph yet) and again judged the test dummy (ensuring i had no active buffs for every judge). Again my damage was 13188. I then glpyhed for seal of truth, which adds 4% damage to your judgement (per the tooltip). I judged again.... 13188 damage.

Seal of justice should be doing an additional 20% damage
    Seal of truth is additional 12% unglyphed, 16% glyphed

So can someone explain why my judgements all hit for the exact same amount?

Why in pvp would I ever use judgement over truth when it doesn't do more damage. The tooltip says it should, but in reality it doesn't.

probably something i'm missing, but all the judgement damage was the exact same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Judgment does its own damage based on your attack power. It has nothing to do with your seal. Seals will show up as their own separate combat log entry (Seal of Truth and Censure appear separately from each other, though).

I think your getting mixed between things. Judgment is a filler spell used to generate holy power. Seal of Truth, Seal of Insight, Seal of Righteousness and Seal of Justice.

The glyph that affects seal of truth is called Immediate truth. "Increases the instant damage done by seal of truth by 30% but decreases the damage done by Censure by 50%.

The seal you have on doesn't affect judgments damage.

Seal of truth applies a dot called Censure which stacks up to 5 times, this is what the glyph affects by reducing the damage of the DoT but increasing the instant damage done by hits that proc seal of truth. Increases melee attacks by 12% damage caused is holy.

Seal of insight heals you for a small amount and restores mana, also increases casting speed by 10% and healing spells by 5%.

Seal of Justice increases your melee attacks by 20% and slows the target by 50%.

Seal of insight, aoe's for 8 yards for 9% weapon damage.

The glyph that affects judgments damage is called Double Jeopardy, and increases the next judgment's by 20% but only when used on another target.

Hmm I'll test again later but I'm pretty certain when I judged with seal of justice all i saw on my screen was 13188 for the judge and then white damage for my melee strike.

Same for when i used seal of truth. I had 13188 for the judge, then white damage, then the censur tick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by happyweed999 View Post
    Hmm I'll test again later but I'm pretty certain when I judged with seal of justice all i saw on my screen was 13188 for the judge and then white damage for my melee strike.

Same for when i used seal of truth. I had 13188 for the judge, then white damage, then the censur tick.
    You should be seeing the seals dealing damage as well. Are you checking the combat log or just watching the floating combat text?

Quote Originally Posted by Mushedcow View Post
    I think your getting mixed between things. Judgment is a filler spell used to generate holy power. Seal of Truth, Seal of Insight, Seal of Righteousness and Seal of Justice.

The glyph that affects seal of truth is called Immediate truth. "Increases the instant damage done by seal of truth by 30% but decreases the damage done by Censure by 50%.

The seal you have on doesn't affect judgments damage.

Seal of truth applies a dot called Censure which stacks up to 5 times, this is what the glyph affects by reducing the damage of the DoT but increasing the instant damage done by hits that proc seal of truth. Increases melee attacks by 12% damage caused is holy.

Seal of insight heals you for a small amount and restores mana, also increases casting speed by 10% and healing spells by 5%.

Seal of Justice increases your melee attacks by 20% and slows the target by 50%.

Seal of insight, aoe's for 8 yards for 9% weapon damage.

The glyph that affects judgments damage is called Double Jeopardy, and increases the next judgment's by 20% but only when used on another target.
    Ok, appears I was thinking the 20% damage would be increasing my judge when in fact it increases my melee strikes (same with sealth of truth but only for 12%, unglyphed).