Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    From what I saw in the unedited vid, it appears the old guy was pushed by Crowder, who then tried to act as if nothing happened, old guy gets up and starts swinging at him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by syn1k View Post
    speak for yourself
    I'm talking about our wants.

We can break away from our wants, from our feelings and our emotional reactions. But it takes a great deal of self-discipline to do it.
    Congrats if you did it. I am still trying, hard, but trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jotabe View Post

We can break away from our wants, from our feelings and our emotional reactions. But it takes a great deal of self-discipline to do it.
    In English please. You are being very vague.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    In English please. You are being very vague.
    Ok, context:
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Enough. Collect Fox, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, CBS, all the newspaper companies, and all the news radio companies, and raze them all to the ground, then we can try this whole "honest media" thing again from the start.
    It's impossible. We don't want honest media, the same we don't want honest politicians.

We don't want them to tell us the truth. We want them to tell us that our fantasies are true.
    Quote Originally Posted by syn1k View Post
    speak for yourself

Individually some people can try to break away from our emotional need to see our beliefs endorsed. But those individuals are too few, likely are not consistent on that self-discipline, and also likely they don't have a homogeneous opinion. This means they are hardly a good "audience target" for some media to make money satisfying them.

10+ Year Old Account
    What he means by Honest media is don't hold anything back for an agenda. That is what they mean. They weren't saying tell us every little thing that goes on say in the White House like a fight or something. Just give us the news and not *entertainment*.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    What he means by Honest media is don't hold anything back for an agenda. That is what they mean. They weren't saying tell us every little thing that goes on say in the White House like a fight or something. Just give us the news and not *entertainment*.
    If people wanted that, if there was an audience for that kind of News program/channel... there would be such offer. But there's no demand (at least not large enough to make it profitable), so there will be no offer.

In the past it was possible, because with only having 3 channels, they couldn't afford to target partial groups of viewers. If you specialized in, say, a 20% of the viewers, you allowed the other 2 channels to split the remaining 80%. They aimed to get as much audience, from as broad a political spectrum as possible.
    Now, with so many channels that are designed and bugdetted towards specific audiences, they can pander to the target audience agenda as much as the audience demands. Which is all the way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post

On the heals of the CNN incident, this is not a good weekend for media of all flavors.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    Well, I do not care, FoxNews is known for only showing footage that benefits them and there network (+the shareholders of said network)

15+ Year Old Account
    If I didn't know better I would think Goebells was in charge of Fox.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am surprised. Really. This is my surprised face.

...Honestly, does anyone really take Fox (or any other clearly biased "news" channel) seriously anymore? Seems to me like people watch it simply to have their views confirmed. Which is bloody dangerous. They should pass a law requiring any such channel to stop using the word "news" in their name and additionally, break into the programming with a sign the size of a barn wall saying "This is not news but entertainment, everything here is extremely biased and if it's not biased, we probably made it up" every five minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    I am surprised. Really. This is my surprised face.

...Honestly, does anyone really take Fox (or any other clearly biased "news" channel) seriously anymore? Seems to me like people watch it simply to have their views confirmed. Which is bloody dangerous. They should pass a law requiring any such channel to stop using the word "news" in their name and additionally, break into the programming with a sign the size of a barn wall saying "This is not news but entertainment, everything here is extremely biased and if it's not biased, we probably made it up" every five minutes.
    But then you have to deal with that pesky 'Freedom of Speech' thing. It's a big ball of annoying greyness, but I think it's still better than the alternative (That being the news channels are only allowed to be biased in favour of the party du jour.)
    Wiping is Fun! ™

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rommon64 View Post
    But then you have to deal with that pesky 'Freedom of Speech' thing. It's a big ball of annoying greyness, but I think it's still better than the alternative (That being the news channels are only allowed to be biased in favour of the party du jour.)
    Oh, not saying that they can't sprout whatever made-up nosense they want, but doing so while pretending that it is unbiased news content is extremely misleading to the public. Well. At least anyone that tend towards the, shall we say, less critical?

If there are no laws against lying to the public, there should be. Then again...that would really screw the politicians over, wouldn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    From what I saw in the unedited vid, it appears the old guy was pushed by Crowder, who then tried to act as if nothing happened, old guy gets up and starts swinging at him.
    I don't know where your seeing it to be honest. It's hard for me to make out exactly what was going on.

There are some pics that highlights where his hands are at as the man falls.

Crowder is quoted as saying: "They were tearing down the [Americans for Prosperity] tent,” Crowder told TheBlaze last week. “Now that sort of becomes a melee. They were trying to tear down the [AFP] tent and people were trying to pull them off … there were people in there. It’s their property.”

“And as they [the union activists] did that, a few people tripped,” he continued, “this guy tripped over a tent peg and then got up and hit me.”

As far as "News vs Commentary" (Commentary is what most people seem to have issue with.)

http://stateofthemedia.org
    Last edited by GreatSageCorban; 2013-03-20 at 02:16 PM.

prosecutor = captain obvious
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.