Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

Was the sentencing a bit much?

Before the case went to adult court last year, a juvenile court judge ruled that Lane was mentally competent to stand trial despite evidence that he suffers from hallucinations, psychosis and fantasies

http://gawker.com/5991384/convicted-...-to-the-memory

The dude flipped off the victim's families in open court while wearing a T-shirt with "KILLER" on it. He deserves life.

He then laughed when the prosecutor referred to him as an "evil person". This is full-blown sociopathy.
    Last edited by Rukentuts; 2013-03-19 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    The dude flipped off the victim's families in open court while wearing a T-shirt with "KILLER" on it. He deserves life.

He then laughed when the prosecutor referred to him as an "evil person". This is full-blown sociopathy.
    This seems pretty accurate.

Not sure how you could say he doesn't deserve life in prison for that performance.

10+ Year Old Account
    "The hand that pulls the trigger that killed your sons now masturbates to the memory. Fuck all of you."

That might be the most fucked up thing I've read in a while.

I'm not sure how anyone could view his sentencing as too much.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    "The hand that pulls the trigger that killed your sons now masturbates to the memory. Fuck all of you."

That might be the most fucked up thing I've read in a while.

I'm not sure how anyone could view his sentencing as too much.
    Probably because of his highly deranged behaviour and the fact he has clear mental issues. If he could be corrected, then life without parole is a bit much.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Probably because of his highly deranged behaviour and the fact he has clear mental issues. If he could be corrected, then life without parole is a bit much.
    Sociopathy has no cure, nor treatment.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well if both prosecutor's medical professionals and the defense's professionals found him to have no mental issues then odds are he's "acting" in court to try to get leniency...sentence should be harsher to me for his failed attempts to coerce the court

10+ Year Old Account
    OH MY GOD i cant believe that little jack off would say that to those pore families who just lost there children he should go to jail and have no PATROL. Like they were trying to give him but denied it.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of people have clear mental issues, but never so much as harm a fly.

I'm all for rehabilitation, but not for capital crimes. Lock them up and throw away the key.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

That's completely unture...

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    A lot of people have clear mental issues, but never so much as harm a fly.

I'm all for rehabilitation, but not for capital crimes. Lock them up and throw away the key.
    Depends, even if it were a treatable condition and negligence wasn't involved (stopped taking meds, for example) I could see leniency. Sociopathy isn't treatable, he is just a disgusting human being.
    That's completely unture...
    It's completely true. Please learn basic mental health before posting again.

Deleted
    Aye. He's obviously extremely dangerous and when someone has a condition that means it is impossible for them to comprehend other people's feelings, the best you can do with them is take them out of society until they expire. Meds might subdue him partially, but that's the best you can hope for and an attention whore like that is not going to take them without being supervised so he needs to be isolated from the population.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    I still believe prison punishments shouldn't exist for crimes of this magnitude (since committing such crimes is evidence of moral or mental sickness). Rehabilitation institutions is the way to go, regardless of whether they're useful or not. If you ask me it's just morally irresponsible to subject "disgusting" human beings to the kind of conditions in prisons despite the fact that it's not their fault in the slightest.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2013-03-19 at 08:45 PM.

Depends, even if it were a treatable condition and negligence wasn't involved (stopped taking meds, for example) I could see leniency. Sociopathy isn't treatable, he is just a disgusting human being.
    It's completely true. Please learn basic mental health before posting again.
    Don't get snippy with me. The statement "Sociopathy has no cure" is true, but to then extend that to "no treatment" is completely untrue. There are multiple treatment therapies aimed at making them more fit for this world but it has to be done by a certain age.

Don't get snippy with me. The statement "Sociopathy has no cure" is true, but to then extend that to "no treatment" is completely untrue.
    Treatments are, as my source put it, "minimally effective".

Try again.

Treatments are, as my source put it, "minimally effective".

Try again.
    You do realize that "minimaly effective" = there are treatments right? Or did you fail at comprehension?

Sociopath:

IN a world with no treatment or cure "Sorry nothing we can do."

IN a world with treatment. "There is something we can do; however, we can't promise it will be very effective, it does have good results for some though."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    I still believe prison punishments shouldn't exist for crimes of this magnitude (since committing such crimes is evidence of moral or mental sickness). Rehabilitation institutions is the way to go.
    Rehabilitation implies that they can be made to become an acceptable member of society. Someone with a sadistic psychosis that intense is not likely to be treatable (at least, not to an affective level). I agree that 'punishment' incarceration is inappropriate, but they need to be detained in a max-security mental hospital.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somebody who would say something as demented and cruel as that is somebody who does not deserve freedom. He should be away from society for the rest of his natural life. Anyone who, using his words, gets sexual satisfaction from the fact that he ended human life/lives is beyond "help" in my opinion.

You do realize that "minimaly effective" = there are treatments right? Or did you fail at comprehension?
    You do realize that sociopathy isn't a recognized mental disorder, right? And setting a convicted murderer free on "minimally effective" treatments sounds like a fucking great idea, especially after the remorse he shows.