10+ Year Old Account

Angry Scale Money Drops From Other Players Needs to be Higher

If you did nothing but PvE (All LFRs, Heroics and World Bosses) for a week you would get about 1500 gold at the end of the week.

If you did PvP for a week (Looting dead players) you would get about 50g at the end of the week.

How is this fair? How am I supposed to afford repairs, gems, and enchantments?

I don't want to farm, I'm a PvPer!

I don't want to do dailies, I'm a PvPer!

I can't get money with professions, I don't have the gold to level them.

We need money more drops from dead players.

/Rant over

What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    If you did nothing but PvE (All LFRs, Heroics and World Bosses) for a week you would get about 1500 gold at the end of the week.

If you did PvP for a week (Looting dead players) you would get about 50g at the end of the week.

How is this fair? How am I supposed to afford repairs, gems, and enchantments?

We need money more drops from dead players.

/Rant over

What do you guys think?
    wow isent a pvp oriented game if u dont like doing a few dailys or herb some herbs or something then that sucks. and yes i kno its sad but pvpers have to do something aswell to make money

Just afk through lfr like the rest of us.

Deleted
    Because you don't need to repair from pvp?

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    Yes you do...

Deleted
    I wanna play arena, get 2.2k and own shit up. But i don't wanna level my character, because leveling is PvE - I'm a PvPer!

See the logic?

PvE doesn't specify dailies, farming and all that shit. Those are things everyone has to do! Raids, HCs, LFRs are PvE.
    Now if you look on the other hand, there are TONS of easy ways to earn money with little effort. You could play the AH, you can use guildies/friends profs and such. And saying you don't have money to level ur own profs, wow man. Profs are not supposed to be bought, you're supposed to do them when you level. You see a node right next to your questgiver? Mine dat shit.

Stop being so ignorant and do some read up on how to get money, it's never been so easy as it is now, given you're not on a low-pop server.

Deleted
    149 Gold just for repairs and I did nothing but PvP this sunday. Your argument is invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by wiep View Post
    I wanna play arena, get 2.2k and own shit up. But i don't wanna level my character, because leveling is PvE - I'm a PvPer!

See the logic?

PvE doesn't specify dailies, farming and all that shit. Those are things everyone has to do! Raids, HCs, LFRs are PvE.
    Now if you look on the other hand, there are TONS of easy ways to earn money with little effort. You could play the AH, you can use guildies/friends profs and such. And saying you don't have money to level ur own profs, wow man. Profs are not supposed to be bought, you're supposed to do them when you level. You see a node right next to your questgiver? Mine dat shit.

Stop being so ignorant and do some read up on how to get money, it's never been so easy as it is now, given you're not on a low-pop server.
    You can level through Battlegrounds from level 10 on. It takes far longer but it is possible. Alternatively to your suggestions we could also just remove any kind of armor damage from PvP?

Yes you do.

If you're so desperate for gold for repairs and gear enhancements then do something. You can always do quests (doesn't have to be dailies), professions (gathering costs nothing) or the 'AH game' between queues.

I'll bite.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post

Generally speaking, PvE raiders tend to need more gold as it stands. A Raider is required to have tons of potions (serious progression guilds typically require the use of two-potions per boss, per attempt that lasts long enough to double pot. They're also required to keep a decent stock of flasks and buff food, all of which, though seemingly not expensive singularly, adds up to a decent chunk of gold each week.

Generally speaking, PvE raiders tend to have to enchant and gem their gear more than PvPers. The average PvPer could see maybe two pieces of gear for each slot that they have to enchant. The average PvE raider could see as many as four pieces in a single tier for a given slot (normal, non-BiS, but still an upgrade -> non-heroic BiS -> non-heroic non-BiS that might be an upgrade over non-heroic BiS - > heroic BiS).

Generally speaking, PvE raiders will end up spending a lot more gold on repairs than a PvPer.

Generally speaking, PvE raiders have to spend more gold juggling reforges/gems/enchantments not only on upgrades, but on the rest of their gear as well each time they get a new piece of gear because certain stats require much less rating to cap in PvP (ie, hit/expertise, and perhaps to a lessser degree Spirit).

Implying that PvE raiders want to farm. That's a little... silly.

As you can tell by the popular opinion on these forums, PvE raiders don't want to do dailies either

Then stop being lazy and acquire the materials via gathering. Every profession is levelable without buying materials.

What do you guys think?
    I think you're being a little silly. All the things you said you didn't want to do because you're a PvPer, are also things that most PvE raiders don't want to do either, but they do them out of necessity to have the resources necessary for their play style. Which means you, too, should be willing to do what's necessary to support YOUR play style.

The simple truth is that gold is INCREDIBLY EASY to acquire these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

As Veyne said, PvErs generally have much higher outgoings than PvPers. We might need to enchant/gem all of our gear at the start of a season but we then have 2-3 months at least of no outgoings at all apart from a repair bill every now or then for 100g (which is nothing, btw). A couple of bad raids could set you back 500g on repairs.

Level a character from 1-90 and you get something like 10-15k. It only takes a couple of days and as long as you don't learn fast flying or MoP flying you'll have loads of money spare. Get 2 gathering professions on it and farm for your money like the PvErs do.

I'm a full-time PvPer, but I've raided in the past and I can tell you it's a huge moneysink unless you do something to keep your gold up. Learn to play the AH and you don't even have to move from Org/SW and can make 100k in a week.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can't even be bothered to level up ONE damn profession, then you don't even DESERVE gold. I'm a PvPer myself, and by lvling up skinning to reduce the cost of LW (which took me perhaps a day) I made roughly 30 to 40k gold by selling enchants and ilvl 476 chests/gloves with the use of my farm.

Just like the rest of us and others, if you can't be arsed to spend just a tiny bit of effort into getting gold, then you really don't deserve any to start with.

Oh and, going from 1 to 90 (or 85 to 90) will net you A LOT of gold to begin with. 85 to 90 should easily have gotten you about 3 to 4k gold. Combined with just a couple of dailies for your farm should've gotten you enough gold to BUY a profession.