NT Uptime and refreshing

After going through logs I've noticed NT uptime is subpar. Any suggestions for addons (tracking NT on TellMeWhen currently) or tips in general to overcome this? Currently I try to refresh at the last fraction of a second but it doesn't always work out that way.

Also, at which # of targets does multi-dotting start to hurt us with NT?
    Raid buffed Frost @ 33% haste

Any help is appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do two things so that I never lose track of NT:

Magebombtracker: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/magebombtracker

and for more than NT, but for tons of reasons, TidyPlates!

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/tidyplates-simple

Getting used to these addons will really go a long way to helping you with this. Best of luck and hope you top some charts!

10+ Year Old Account
    I use NeedToKnow to track my NT/Mage bombs and I swear by it. As for refreshing it, anywhere from under the last second to a second and a half should be better than letting it fall off for any period of time. I know it ticks every second but I can't recall off hand if it rolls if you clip it before the last tick.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

Deleted
    i think you can configure tell me when so screen starts to flash or bells go off when you are about to run out of dot

Deleted
    You can go to the Mae section in WoW curse and choose what your prefer.
    All addon like Weakaura, TMW, NeedtoKnow, etc, can track DoT.
    All addon like Forte, parrot, dotimer were created for this.
    Mage nugets and other mage addon can do it pretty good.

Weak Auras

Refresh with 1 tick remaining or as soon as it falls off. Never clip the last tick, if you can.

Deleted
    WeakAuras.
    One of my all-time favourite addons. You can make your own auras, customise them to the way you like. Also can choose to have a sound be played when the buff/debuff/whatever you're tracking is applied, or when it falls off. For nether tempest I myself use this:

Very simple timer for the bomb. The time-bar turns red when there's 3 seconds left on the bomb, giving me the signal time to refresh is drawing near.
    Last edited by mmoc71fbacbc35; 2013-03-21 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Could post images now!

Thank you to all who replied. I have since gotten Weak Auras (it seems to be the most visually recognizable on my UI). I hope to try it out in raid tonight. I believe that was the missing link in my dps. I took NT for granted while playing Frost and since last night's raid I saw an improvement in dps when I paid attention to the debuffs. Imagine that lols. Anyways, thank you again. Catch ya on the flip side.