Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world in my head.
    Well I don't pretend to be a girl, but i'm not proclaiming to be a guy either. If ppl assume i'm a girl based on the toon I play on, I really don't care. I let them think whatever they what, often playing along just for the fun of it.
    Besides, the character I play on is Female (not all of them ofc) so ofc ppl will adress me a she/her, based on my character.
    And ofc, I prefer to them in similar ways, if the player plays a Female, I call that player Her/She, and if it's a male, Him/He.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    THIS.

Identifying is a huge part for me.

Although I guess a lot of men uhh, prefer to stare at pixelated booty...

whatever floats their boat I guess.
    People like you make a lot of assumptions about people like me, and that's the sort of shit that pisses me off. I don't make a female toon so I can fap while raiding. I don't have sexual fantasies about my toon. Just because I find a female aesthetically pleasing, or moreso than their male counterpart, doesn't necessarily mean that its sexual as well.

I don't relate to my toon. I don't pretend to be a woman. I don't wish I was a woman in real life. My priest is her own character, she is not me. Yes, I talk through her, but that's the way the game is set up, no choice about that.

If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

I usually play male characters, since I view the character as myself. whenever I choose females it's because they looked nice during character creation, but I feel disconnected from that toon and always quit/delete it eventually.

I've also never used my priests gender to my advantage, nor tried to get handouts/favors by pretending to be a girl. I don't do that shit, and I don't even pretend I am a girl.

If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    I always play male characters. I can't ever play a female character. It's probably because I "get into" my character a bit.

Murmuur - Kil'Jaeden-US - <Gravity> - Survival Hunter

in most MMOs, d00dz have the most coolest looking armor so i tend to create d00dz. however, when making a support type character, they look hotter in female form :3

I play a mix, probably higher female ratio on all of my games. Why? Because I used to have gender identity issues, and sometimes feel I am as much of a female as a guy. I just play what feels more natural to me at the time.
    Battletag: Rhaegas#1141
    Armory: Vale
    How to Fire Mage for 6.0 Guide

None of the guys I know who play female characters do it because they're "gender sensitive". It's pretty much always "Female Orc has a stripperdance" or "Dat Draenei waggle".

Quote Originally Posted by catbeef View Post
    surely you treat everyone equally?

my characters are all gender neutral.
    No I treat men like men and women like women.
    I wash my hands until the water burns

I don't pretend to be a girl, but I do play female characters.

It all depends on the class, character, and what I feel like at the time. I end up with a pretty even mix.

Also, femshep is the only way to go!

I'm male.

I play male characters. Tried to make a female toon once. Leveled to 40 before I deleted her.

All of my characters except for my hunter are male.

The only reason my hunter is female is because I had a dream that I had a female undead hunter, so I assumed it was a sign and rolled one.

all my characters are girls. all the males in wow look blocky/beefcakes.
    if its a game like mass effect. i usually go with male if presented with a choice. cause theres just something about male space marines that screams awesome.

I play females, in a third person perspective, I'd rather look at a female ass shape then a males ass shape. I don't identify with my toons, I just play them. Might as well look at dat ass.

Female characters and I do tend to be more girly while playing them.
    I have no problem showing my feminine side which can be dominant at times.

Nope all males, I don't mind people who play female characters, I just prefer to play male characters, I feel gear looks better on them. And I just like the thought of being a manly man hero. Like I said I don't care what gender you play, but if you play the opposite gender and ACT like that, then you have some serious problems and need to go see a therapist.

I also forgot to add that when playing WoW, the female blood elves, trolls and night elves always gave off really bad vibes. Like the plain girl in the corner whos usually silent but then all of a sudden starts talking about some awkward subject really loud. Or even like those hairy big men dressed up like princess Leia in comedies..:P

As someone who identifies at least partly with my character, even to the point of almost exclusively playing female humans or worgen, I find it really hard to imagine why someone would want to play opposite gender but I guess that's just me. Plus they make much more satisfying targets on the BGs

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    I also forgot to add that when playing WoW, the female blood elves, trolls and night elves always gave off really bad vibes. Like the plain girl in the corner whos usually silent but then all of a sudden starts talking about some awkward subject really loud. Or even like those hairy big men dressed up like princess Leia in comedies..:P

As someone who identifies at least partly with my character, even to the point of almost exclusively playing female humans or worgen, I find it really hard to imagine why someone would want to play opposite gender but I guess that's just me. Plus they make much more satisfying targets on the BGs
    Like you said, you identify with your Character, those that do not, have no such qualms.

I don't understand why people even concern themselves with this stuff. With that said, I always pick whatever I like the most. I don't care, if its male or female character. It's just a game. To use wow as an example, I have made male and female characters of pretty much every race. Its simply pick what I think looks cool during those few minutes that I spend making the character. Honestly its not the character gender or looks what I spend most time with... its the name. I use many times more time on choosing a name than anything else.