Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Breaking t14 4 set for 2 x 2 sets, worth it?

    As the title says, i have t15 legs/hands in my bag and i wonder if it's a gain to break the t14 4set as survival?
    All my t14 are hc 2/2 upgraded.
    I did sim it in femaledwarf and it shows a 2.9k dps gain correctly reforged/gemmed but i feel that i need to ask here to make sure
    Cheers!

  2. #2
    its definitiv worth it to play with 2 x 2 set bonus

  3. #3

    ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    As the title says, i have t15 legs/hands in my bag and i wonder if it's a gain to break the t14 4set as survival?
    All my t14 are hc 2/2 upgraded.
    I did sim it in femaledwarf and it shows a 2.9k dps gain correctly reforged/gemmed but i feel that i need to ask here to make sure
    Cheers!
    My femaledwarf says.

    Your Steady Shot and Cobra Shot have a chance to summon a Thunderhawk to fight for you for the next 10 sec. (Battlegear of the Saurok Stalker 2pc bonus) - 3387.76 DPS

    Thunderhawk % damage 3.06% average non crit 21000 average crit 43260

    What i can say after breaking, you need to adjust your rotation a bit, adding cobras early when you burn cds, to force 1 proc.
    I dont know if it is bug or i am retarded, but i saw 2 thunderhawks at one time, meaning procs can stack.

    I would say break it, i broke already (517, 504 tho).
    sultan
    Every time you say "I don't believe in fearies" one of they dies...

  4. #4
    Thanks!
    The proc sure wasn't high, i just tested it and threw 80 x cobra shots and i got 3 procs total-.-

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    Thanks!
    The proc sure wasn't high, i just tested it and threw 80 x cobra shots and i got 3 procs total-.-
    Yesterday on Durumu 25 (8min29sec kill)

    Lightning Blast 2399756 damage 41 normal hits/ 19 crits.
    1.5 sec cast each and dont know if he is affected by haste.
    I assume 6 casts on each proc, so about 10 procs per 509 seconds.
    103 cobras on kill.
    Every time you say "I don't believe in fearies" one of they dies...

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by sultangurde View Post
    Yesterday on Durumu 25 (8min29sec kill)

    Lightning Blast 2399756 damage 41 normal hits/ 19 crits.
    1.5 sec cast each and dont know if he is affected by haste.
    I assume 6 casts on each proc, so about 10 procs per 509 seconds.
    103 cobras on kill.
    The thunderhawk does update after 2-3 lightning bolts to your "real" haste value. Meaning short term haste buffs don't increase the cast time, but bloodlust does. Even though from my testing the thunderhawk can never get more than 6 lightning bolts off regardless of how much haste you have.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    Thanks!
    The proc sure wasn't high, i just tested it and threw 80 x cobra shots and i got 3 procs total-.-

    I believe that's because you were only casting cobra shots. Someone correct me if i am wrong, but i think that has something to do with the new rppm mechanic. Casting cobra shots one after another won't increase the chance to proc. Just do your normal rotation. Casting a cobra shot after some instant shots will have a higher chance to proc it than casting cobra shots one after another.

  8. #8
    The Hunter 2T15 bonus is a chance to summon a Thunderhawk. That Thunderhawk will assist you, and will always cast 5x Lightning Bolts for 16k to 24k Nature damage. Its damage will scale with BM mastery, and will not scale with Survival mastery. However, the proc chances (which are Real PPM) vary by spec: 0.7/min for BM, 1/min for MM, 1.2/min for Surv.

    - GC

    as long as nothing has changed that is.

    i dont know if the new trinket rppm mechanic applies to set bonuses. that is pretty important question though.
    Last edited by Runenwächter; 2013-03-18 at 10:54 PM.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Runenwächter View Post
    The Hunter 2T15 bonus is a chance to summon a Thunderhawk. That Thunderhawk will assist you, and will always cast 5x Lightning Bolts for 16k to 24k Nature damage. Its damage will scale with BM mastery, and will not scale with Survival mastery. However, the proc chances (which are Real PPM) vary by spec: 0.7/min for BM, 1/min for MM, 1.2/min for Surv.

    - GC

    as long as nothing has changed that is.

    i dont know if the new trinket rppm mechanic applies to set bonuses. that is pretty important question though.
    A lot has changed, but yes. You should break your set right as soon as you get the tier.


    For some random reason (I don't know what/why) the thunderhawk is hitting 6 times, not 5. Someone must've changed something in the coding, because it just doesn't jump from 5 to 6 randomly. This is a huge buff. You are also guaranteed a proc at the start of a fight making it a tad better.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  10. #10
    As far as I'm aware it was always hitting 6 times, or at least meant to hit 6 times. I'll dig through the old tier blue post from Ghostcrawler tomorrow when I'm not so tired.
    Bovan.9481
    Completed legendaries: Twilight, Sunrise (Eternity), Bolt, The Juggernaut, Howler.
    Current projects: Incinerator, full ascended medium armor, versatile mighty infusions.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    As far as I'm aware it was always hitting 6 times, or at least meant to hit 6 times. I'll dig through the old tier blue post from Ghostcrawler tomorrow when I'm not so tired.
    Was supposed to hit for 5 and did on the ptr.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by sultangurde View Post
    My femaledwarf says.

    Your Steady Shot and Cobra Shot have a chance to summon a Thunderhawk to fight for you for the next 10 sec. (Battlegear of the Saurok Stalker 2pc bonus) - 3387.76 DPS

    Thunderhawk % damage 3.06% average non crit 21000 average crit 43260

    What i can say after breaking, you need to adjust your rotation a bit, adding cobras early when you burn cds, to force 1 proc.
    I dont know if it is bug or i am retarded, but i saw 2 thunderhawks at one time, meaning procs can stack.

    I would say break it, i broke already (517, 504 tho).
    sultan
    Don't think it's a bug; also getting multiple procs; was like ~3.1% of my damage on Lei Shen for this week.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by sultangurde View Post
    My femaledwarf says.

    Your Steady Shot and Cobra Shot have a chance to summon a Thunderhawk to fight for you for the next 10 sec. (Battlegear of the Saurok Stalker 2pc bonus) - 3387.76 DPS

    Thunderhawk % damage 3.06% average non crit 21000 average crit 43260

    What i can say after breaking, you need to adjust your rotation a bit, adding cobras early when you burn cds, to force 1 proc.
    I dont know if it is bug or i am retarded, but i saw 2 thunderhawks at one time, meaning procs can stack.

    I would say break it, i broke already (517, 504 tho).
    sultan
    You will always get a proc on your first Cobra, whether it be 2s in or 20s in. There's no icd so i'm not sure why it's like this, you're not forcing it to go on CD i assume it's just similar to them increasing trinket proc chacnes at start of a fight. I spent around 15minutes testing it and it seems the proc chance is 3-3.5% and sometimes it hits 5 times, others 6 so i'm not sure why on that either.

  14. #14
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/m...ne/?s=41&e=380

    4845.5 dps on the thunderhawk with a 500 stat flask and no pot. It's pretty good.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  15. #15
    Is it worth it to break the BM 4 set for 2/2?

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Aircroth View Post
    Is it worth it to break the BM 4 set for 2/2?
    Yes. The 2 piece is averaging ~4.5k-6k. That is just insane.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  17. #17

    ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/m...ne/?s=41&e=380

    4845.5 dps on the thunderhawk with a 500 stat flask and no pot. It's pretty good.
    Lightning Blast 1647463 38 22

    Looks like your proc hit 60 times in 338 sec, which is awesome. I am going to check more fights this week to check this rng.

    Also i swapped my spec from SV to BM in femaledwarf on standard profile and here are the results (5min fight)

    Thunderhawk in BM 10.00 procs 4262.76 dps 5.49% overall damage (78 cobras)
    Thunderhawk in SV 7.14 procs 4065.31 dps 3.65% overall damage (67 cobras)

    So definetly RPPM is different from PTR ones on live, as survival gets less procs, as it uses less cobras
    Last edited by sultangurde; 2013-03-19 at 09:37 AM.
    Every time you say "I don't believe in fearies" one of they dies...

  18. #18
    Stood in the Fire Conjor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    389
    Guys, guys guys... The 2pc and 4pc are all RPPM based. Your rate of attack (number / speed of your Cobra shots) is irrelevant. Your haste however affects the proc rates greatly.

    The RPPM values, unless they have changed since I last looked at them, are:

    Spec: RPPM
    Marksmanship: 1.00
    Beast Mastery: 0.70
    Survival: 1.20

    GC's explanation of the difference in RPPM values was that BM's proc rate is lower because its Mastery increases the pets damage and MM will generally have higher haste and thus a higher effective rate (although I don't agree with that one).

    There was an issue on beta where any AoE damage (literally if the boss sneezed) the summoned Thunderhawk would die. Not sure if this has been fixed (they did fix some AoE reduction aura things a while ago) but something to keep in mind.

    For sake of completeness, the 4pc is a flat 3 RPPM and is affected by Survivals Mastery.
    Last edited by Conjor; 2013-03-19 at 01:41 PM.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Yes. The 2 piece is averaging ~4.5k-6k. That is just insane.
    Pretty much this... I'm loving it so far. I love it when I have multiple hawks flapping behind me.

  20. #20
    I like 2 pc T15 bonus, the thunderhawk has 1,2 m hp so it's kinda impossible that it dies before its 10 secs duration. The damage is nice and you can get multiple procs on a row, 2 o 3 days ago i got 3 thunderhawks at same time lol.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •