Page 1 of 2
LastLast

PC noob, how will WoW run on my setup.

Decided to buy a new computer. Didn't have a ton of funds, but got a good deal on this computer so bought it;

HP Envy H8 -1534
    AMD Radeon HD7570 w/ 2GB DDR3 dedicated memory
    AMD Six-Core FX-6200 Processor
    10GB memory
    1.5 TB hard drive.

Hoping to run with no lag at high settings. Old laptop couldn't handle raiding on anything but lowest settings.

Thanks in advance

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The CPU will handle it fairly well, though could be a better CPU. The GPU is definitely a lower-end and you won't be able to push the graphics to max, especially in the MoP zones.

I would have suggested coming to us and having us suggest a computer to buy/build.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

May I ask how much you're spending on this? I ask because I want to show you what else you could get with your money.

Quote Originally Posted by googz View Post
    May I ask how much you're spending on this? I ask because I want to show you what else you could get with your money.
    I spent $550, plus tax...I have 15 days to take it back...1,000 would be the max I would spend. Any recommendations would be awesome! Thanks in advance!

---------- Post added 2013-03-21 at 03:44 AM ----------

The reason I'd have 1k is because I'd be willing to sell my ipad which I rarely use anymore towards the PC

---------- Post added 2013-03-21 at 03:46 AM ----------

I'd also prefer to just buy a PC rather than piecing it together.

10+ Year Old Account
    You could have a place like Micro Center or Tiger Direct build it for you in-store if you choose the parts.
    "A flower.

Deltrus, there is a Micro Center near my house actually...I would just need a list of parts to bring there. How long does it usually take?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsonb24 View Post
    Deltrus, there is a Micro Center near my house actually...I would just need a list of parts to bring there. How long does it usually take?
    Parts to buy there.

Here are just a couple builds from Marest's sample build's thread (you can forward to it with the little blue quote arrow:

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Budget Gaming 570
    MoBo: ASRock H77 Pro4/MVP$79.99
    CPU: Intel i3 3220$129.99
    RAM: G.Skill 1600MHz 2x4GB$44.99
    GPU: HIS Radeon 7850$164.99
    HDD: WD Caviar Blue 500GB$64.99
    PSU: Antec VP-450W$38.99 Review
    Case: Xigmatek Asgard$49.99
    --------------------------------------------------
    Estimated Total Price – $574

Recommended for:
    Budget gaming build that can tackle most
    newer games. Enough if you only play World
    of Warcraft.

Gaming 990
    MoBo: ASRock Z77 Pro4$109.99
    CPU: Intel i5 3570k$229.99
    RAM: Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz 2x4GB$46.99
    GPU: Gigabyte Radeon 7950$299.99
    HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB$99.99
    PSU: Seasonic S12II 520W$67.99
    Heatsink: Xigmatek Gaia$29.99
    Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer$79.99
    --------------------------------------------------
    Estimated Total Price – $986

Recommended for:
    Gaming build that will take care of almost
    all gaming needs; will exceed in most games
    but lacks the power to cope with really
    demanding titles at max settings.
    These two builds would be far stronger than the one you listed and better cooled, not to mention have higher level parts. If you can successfully sell that iPad, I would suggest it. You'll like the $990 build more than enough, so that you won't miss it.
    "A flower.

Deltrus, is there a good online store where I could piece parts together and them have them deliver to my house?

10+ Year Old Account
    Buying the parts at Micro Center typically means you can have the computer built free or at a discount, but if you bring in your own parts, they'll charge you a hefty sum more.

Micro Center is also really good about matching online/other brick-store competitors, and their CPU prices are unmatched. Knowing you live right by one really makes me want to vehemently oppose ordering online. :P
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Buying the parts at Micro Center typically means you can have the computer built free or at a discount, but if you bring in your own parts, they'll charge you a hefty sum more.

Micro Center is also really good about matching online/other brick-store competitors, and their CPU prices are unmatched. Knowing you live right by one really makes me want to vehemently oppose ordering online. :P
    I thought Micro Center charge you to build it? http://www.microcenter.com/site/cont...om-gaming.aspx

Hey guys, thanks for all the help.

I ended up getting this build off the sticky on the forum;

Gaming 990
    MoBo: ASRock Z77 Pro4 – $109.99
    CPU: Intel i5 3570k – $229.99
    RAM: Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz 2x4GB – $46.99
    GPU: Gigabyte Radeon 7950 – $299.99
    HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB – $99.99
    PSU: Seasonic S12II 520W – $67.99
    Heatsink: Xigmatek Gaia – $29.99
    Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer – $79.99

I got a different PSU (700W) and one other thing was different but comparable. It sucks I dont know any1 who knows how to build PCs so they are building it for me. I'm so anxious I hope they call me by tonight, although I doubt it lol. Most likely be done by tomorrow. I am stoked.

so bought it;
    Why not simply try it out since you already have it, instead of asking us to guesstimate?
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

I did vesse, I bought the cpu on whim and didn't want to go through setting it all up, downloading the games, then returning it. I did anyway and wasn't satisified, took it back and bought the cpu build I posted above your post.

Deleted
    The one you posted and compiled yourself kicks the living crap out of the one you bought at first.

Enjoy it ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Itsredd View Post
    The one you posted and compiled yourself kicks the living crap out of the one you bought at first.

Enjoy it ^^
    Thanks man, I'm super excited. I'm hoping they call me by tonight, but I doubt it. How long does building a PC usually take? 2-3 hours + windows?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsredd View Post

Enjoy it ^^
    He didn't compile it himself, I linked it from Marest's sample builds thread.

@OP, what PSU did you get? 700 watt sounds very fishy (and also definite overkill).
    "A flower.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks man, I'm super excited. I'm hoping they call me by tonight, but I doubt it. How long does building a PC usually take? 2-3 hours + windows?
    +waiting queue :P

Deleted
    Whatever you do, don't rush through it because you want to get it running asap. That's the easiest way to make small mistakes that can break components and set you back a few weeks waiting for RMA. Make sure to watch some guides, possibly the NewEgg Part 2 video of their setting up video series. Make sure you're prepared well enough, and it shouldn't take more than the 2-3 hours you listed. However, i can't stress this enough: Don't rush through it. It will last a few years, there's no point in shaving off one hour when looking at the big picture.

@Deltrus: Sorries! Credit where credit is due. Hadn't seen it came from you (and Marest).

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    He didn't compile it himself, I linked it from Marest's sample builds thread.

@OP, what PSU did you get? 700 watt sounds very fishy (and also definite overkill).
    Corsair GS700

I'm on the PC now im downloading wow as we speak.

Depends on what Windows they are installing. If they're installing 8 I can't imagine it taking more than 2 hours tops to complete the whole thing, cable management and all.