1. #1

    Haste VS Mastery, SMF

    I'm not big on simulators and doing the math for my dps. I am more of a hit the dummies and live action tests to verify which secondary stats carry more weight. I have been testing haste over mastery since 5.2 and it does seem to up my dps a few percent. Mind you I am single minded Fury with a 500 ilvl. I'd like some input, experience and or numbers other wise. I know for a fact that It's doing more on the target dummy but some times that doesn't translate into Raid boss dps.

  2. #2
    High Overlord Pippo89's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    143
    I'd also like to know how much the difference between mastery and haste for a Fury is, TG and SMF.

    My main spec is Prot but I care about my offspec, which is currently TG (Zerat 502 + Shin'ka 496).
    And in general, I'd like to choose haste as 2nd stat but I'm also not sure about how big the gap between mastery and haste really is.

    Looking forward to replies
    The roots of evil are deep. Irreversibly so in the hearts of men.

  3. #3
    As SMF I have found it a lot more fun going for haste instead of mastery as well as I get more dps. I don't know the exact stat weights but I see a lot of warriors going for mastery instead though. Personally I like haste because it gives me that hack'n slash feeling I think fury warriors should have.

  4. #4
    Herald of the Titans Darkfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,909
    Quote Originally Posted by Rimmy View Post
    As SMF I have found it a lot more fun going for haste instead of mastery as well as I get more dps. I don't know the exact stat weights but I see a lot of warriors going for mastery instead though. Personally I like haste because it gives me that hack'n slash feeling I think fury warriors should have.
    Because you're wrong and bad to go haste instead.

    Last sim as SMF with two 522 weapons, t14 2p and ~510 ilvl stat weights were as followed (In SEP) crit=.95 mastery =.63 haste=.42

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Because you're wrong and bad to go haste instead.

    Last sim as SMF with two 522 weapons, t14 2p and ~510 ilvl stat weights were as followed (In SEP) crit=.95 mastery =.63 haste=.42
    Just because I said I find going for haste instead of mastery more fun and that I personally can pull more dps with haste > mastery doesn't make it the best stat prio. I merely posted my opinion on a talent which lacks the hack'n slash feeling I had back in wrath and TBC

  6. #6
    High Overlord Sevona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by Rimmy View Post
    Just because I said I find going for haste instead of mastery more fun and that I personally can pull more dps with haste > mastery doesn't make it the best stat prio. I merely posted my opinion on a talent which lacks the hack'n slash feeling I had back in wrath and TBC
    I try to say this neutral, so please don't be offended.
    The reason why YOU are pulling better numbers with haste>mastery is cause you don't play fury properly.
    Haste is like a passive bonus for us, it gives us more auto-hits and therefore increases our damage with autohits. You don't have to do something to profit from haste.
    Mastery, on the other hand, requires proper gameplay. You need to be enraged to activate our mastery, so you have to deal correctly with our priority-list.
    Our mastery has such a great sinergy with crit and now with the upcoming gear in 5.2 you are able to reach critlevels to obtain a 90 % enrage-uptime, and then our mastery really starts to shine.
    Maybe you should go and read the good fury-guide here on the forums. With a lot of bt-crits you get many rb-procs, maybe this gives you the missing hack'n slash-feeling too
    My Paladin - Puré
    My Warrior - Sevona
    My Youtubechannel - Sevona - AegwynnComA

    --- We are recruiting for WoD Mythic: All Classes on EU-Aegwynn [A] ---

  7. #7
    I do agree with you Sevona on mastery really starting to shine when you get close to / at 90% enrage-uptime. I am not offended, I take any advice I can get, but I have been playing warrior, fury to be exact for roughly 8 years now. As you said I could be playing Mastery > haste wrong (ill work on that) Or I could be playing Haste > mastery well. So as long as I am pulling more dps with haste I will stick with that until mastery starts to pull away.

  8. #8
    Herald of the Titans Darkfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,909
    Quote Originally Posted by Rimmy View Post
    Just because I said I find going for haste instead of mastery more fun and that I personally can pull more dps with haste > mastery doesn't make it the best stat prio. I merely posted my opinion on a talent which lacks the hack'n slash feeling I had back in wrath and TBC
    How is doing something badly fun? First off I really doubt you pull better numbers with haste. Secondly, if you do it's because you're playing bad.

    I've been playing a warrior for less than three years, time spent playing means exactly zilch.

    Mastery starts to shine ANYWHERE.

    Gah why do I even bother?

    Hell, give me your armory and I'll sim it and SHOW you how you're wrong.

    Updated stat weights for mine: Crit-.97 Haste-.47 Mastery-.63

    That means that mastery is over 10% better than haste.
    Last edited by Darkfriend; 2013-03-22 at 04:44 PM.

  9. #9
    Mastery > haste...

    My stat weights the last time I simmed: Crit .95, Mastery .69, Haste .50, Hit past cap (7.5%) .44

    Haste does go up with RPPM trinkets, but not enough to make it better than mastery. The other DPS warrior in my guild has 2 RPPM trinkets (feather and gaze) and his haste value was .58 the last time I simmed his character.

  10. #10
    I ran my stat weights and yes mastery does come higher true and I never said otherwise, and to answer your "How if doing something badly fun? It's a playstyle for me and as long as I can pull same or equal dps to a lot of other warriors I dont really want to switch.

    I got Spark of Zandalar and Primordius Talisman of rage + 2p T15 set bonus.

  11. #11
    Herald of the Titans Darkfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,909
    Quote Originally Posted by Rimmy View Post
    I ran my stat weights and yes mastery does come higher true and I never said otherwise, and to answer your "How if doing something badly fun? It's a playstyle for me and as long as I can pull same or equal dps to a lot of other warriors I dont really want to switch.

    I got Spark of Zandalar and Primordius Talisman of rage + 2p T15 set bonus.
    Like I said, I can't comprehend someone saying "I know I'm being a baddie and playing badly but playing bad and beating people WORSE than me is fun."

    I guess if it floats your boat.

  12. #12
    Holy Crap! Can you ask a question with out being attacked. I mean shoot I am really strong DPS and know full and well how to play Fury. I was looking for some input and not to be insulted but what can I expect I guess.

  13. #13
    Herald of the Titans Darkfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,909
    Quote Originally Posted by Eisenstein View Post
    Holy Crap! Can you ask a question with out being attacked. I mean shoot I am really strong DPS and know full and well how to play Fury. I was looking for some input and not to be insulted but what can I expect I guess.
    If you read closely, everything was addressed at Rimmy. Any attacking was due to the attitude of "playing wrong is more fun than playing what I know to be right."

    To answer your question more directly, any DPS increase is due to several factors

    1.) Lack of skill (no offense.) It is possible that if you aren't managing BT correctly, and thus have lower enrage than you should, and a larger percentage of damage coming from AA, than haste MIGHT theoretically. But again, that's not haste being better, that's caused by less skill.

    2.) Incidental. Better gear, better luck, statistical bias, imagination, make it seem like haste is better, when it really isn't.

    3.) You're playing fury better than before, so its a correlation=/= causation.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •