Poll: Are Most Humans Racist

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Does it Bother You how Most Humans are Racist, but are Viewed as the Alli Master-race

It has been proven time and time again that Humans in WoW are racists. From Garithos disrespecting the Blood Evles and causing them to join the Horde, to nearly every Human leader having a false sense of superiority over every different race around him/her. Truth be told, the Alliance would be nowhere without the high/blood elves, there would be no Jaina Proudmoore and there would be no Alliance because the Horde would have wiped them out. Because without the elves teaching them magic, they would just be Orcs except with less brainpower, strength, and green skin.

Humans are the least racist they have a 'diplomacy' racial to prove it.

EDIT:

And where do you get that "nearly every" human commander has a superiority complex? that's bunk.
    Twas brillig

Other. This is a bad poll and the OP is obviously biased.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    Other. This is a bad poll and the OP is obviously biased.
    You can't answer none because Garithos is one. I'm sure there are many other examples but you get the idea.

Gee I wonder if this is a parody/shot at another existing thread, I would vote, but I am racist against those filthy humans.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Truth be told, the Alliance would be nowhere without the high/blood elves
    my understand is that humans saved their asses from the trolls
    there would be no Jaina Proudmoore
    what a glorious alternate reality, where do i sign up?
    and there would be no Alliance because the Horde would have wiped them out.
    makes anti ally thread, points out the attempted genocide by the horde
    heh

Deleted
    So, if you dont like someone, you are a Racist if he's not from yours kind?

Does the People teach you that in school nowadays?

Poor World.

10+ Year Old Account
    God this reminds me of that thread Trassk created in retaliation for the "Thrall be exiled" thread.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    The elves in warcraft lore tend to have a racism problem due to their arrogance bordering on the insane. There are specific examples of humans letting their dealings with a group of another race color the whole race for them (Varian with the Orcs, for example) but I can't think of any examples where the race, as a whole, went around claiming they were superior to all other sentient races simply because they were human.

In most of the cases I can think of where a specific human could be considered racist it's due to some pretty extreme trauma too, so it's not a racial predisposition really.

Obviously biased Thread is obviously biased.
    Every race in Wow has at least one racist in it. Just like in the real world every nationality has at least one person who fear/hates the outside world.

You forum trolls really got to put some effort into these. This wasn't even worth a smirk.

You'll have to prove more than 2 alliance racists exist for this thread to be legit. I also believe the two racists in question are dead.

You can't answer none because Garithos is one. I'm sure there are many other examples but you get the idea.
    Not really, he was pretty much the only one.
    Twas brillig

Deleted
    This parody thread isn't even funny

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    See, here's a guy that ALMOST tricked me into thinking this was a Salandrin thread, because the phrasing of the title was spot on.

However, the actual context is anti-alliance, and not anti-horde, so I knew right there we had an imposter!

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Not really, he was pretty much the only one.
    The average human is quite racist, it was hinted in various books and short stories, but it doesn't matter at all, since every race is racist to some degree.

it makes for a good plot thats for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletnips View Post
    This parody thread isn't even funny
    I don't think its meant to be funny so much as its meant to show that anyone can cherry pick the lore to find enough cases of x race behaving badly to make a case against them as being evil or whatever.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Deleted
    Humans as in... Stormwind Humans?

Lumping Garithos in with them is pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    I don't think its meant to be funny so much as its meant to show that anyone can cherry pick the lore to find enough cases of x race behaving badly to make a case against them as being evil or whatever.
    This guy gets it.

Deleted
    It has been proven time and time again that Humans in WoW are racists. From Garithos disrespecting the Blood Evles and causing them to join the Horde, to nearly every Human leader having a false sense of superiority over every different race around him/her. Truth be told, the Alliance would be nowhere without the high/blood elves, there would be no Jaina Proudmoore and there would be no Alliance because the Horde would have wiped them out. Because without the elves teaching them magic, they would just be Orcs except with less brainpower, strength, and green skin.
    I really wish misanthropists would keep their opinions to themselves much less bring them into a game.

That being said. Using the H/Belfs as an example is a very, very, very poor choice. They are some of the most backstabbing, racist, xenophobic, racial suprematist with a giant superiority complex races in all of WoW. They turn their back on whomever they are allied as soon as they thing they could do better, they tried to betray us in 5.1 before the Dalaran incident by defecting back to the Alliance.

Your only lever here is Garithos who was especially one thing, extremly incompetent. That being said, the Belfs were first allied with the Naga/Illidan and turned their back on them to eventually join the Horde because at that point it was what benefited them the most. Using Garithos is an argument and making him the racial stereotype of humans in general.

Also the Humans don't owe the Belfs anything. The Humans were already doing fairly well and developing before the Belfs (Helfs back then) came along. They were slowly developing magic on their own, had at least one mayor kingdom and in the end the were the ones to help out the Helfs. That is why they taught them way they knew about magic, because the Humans won the Troll wars for them.

This is the argumentation of a twelf year old. Either you start making sense and bring some proper arguments or nobody is going to take you seriously.

This guy gets it.
    There are different magnitudes of being bad. Constantly trying to commit genocide on several races for example is pretty fucking bad.