Deleted

Armormech/Synthweaving should be able RE orange shells of all looks in the game

Who agrees? So many great looks get wasted in this game because they only exist in low-level green/blue version. They should add an ability for Armormech and Synthweaving to RE empty orange shells of all looks. Especially now when Cartel Market is flooding GTN and heavily competing with crafted armors and clothes

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree...but they should also require components you can only get from REing other Cartel Items.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    I agree...but they should also require components you can only get from REing other Cartel Items.
    But.. why?

Quote Originally Posted by Haruss View Post
    But.. why?
    I assume he meant for crafting items that originated from the Cartel Market. Personally, I don't ever see them adding in the ability to craft items that are sold on the CM when they could sell them for cash...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haruss View Post
    But.. why?
    Otherwise you have no reason for anyone to buy anything on the Cartel Market. That would be great for players, but crappy for a company trying to make a profit on their cash shop.

What this could translate into would be REing a Cartel Chest piece to get a Chest Slot that can be used in crafting a known Cartel Chest Recipe. This way you could by a cheap chest (Energy Torso for example) to get the required component through RE, then craft something that is valued higher (such as the Valiant Chestpiece). Alternatively, there could be a component all Cartel items give not tied to a specific slot. That way you can RE something no one wants such as bracers or gloves, then use those components to craft the Helmet/Chest/Legs slots that sell higher.

Using this method, it would also help move existing stock off the GTN, and provide a role for those Cartel items no one wants.

Or maybe all gear in the game should be moddable /shrug.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Just about everything has a skin that is moddable, so that isn't really an issue. The issue is that every piece of moddable gear should also be adaptive.

Just about everything has a skin that is moddable, so that isn't really an issue. The issue is that every piece of moddable gear should also be adaptive.
    You mean like all orange gear should be adaptive so any class can wear any orange piece?

Hmm I'm not sure I'd agree here. I don't think smugglers should be running around in full trooper gear looking like republic commandos, or troopers running around in capes and cowboy hats, for example. Right now, there's a little bit of overlap like a scoundrel can wear a jedi robe with a hood to get that sort of shadowy, underworld look if he wants, but I wouldn't like drastic overlaps like the trooper gear example. That's just my opinion; maybe I'm coming at it too much from a lore reasoning standpoint, though.

I do like your idea about being able to craft cartel market gear using special components obtained from RE-ing other cartel market gear. BW could keep making $, and crafters could make creds.

Quote Originally Posted by jordanterp View Post
    You mean like all orange gear should be adaptive so any class can wear any orange piece?

Hmm I'm not sure I'd agree here. I don't think smugglers should be running around in full trooper gear looking like republic commandos, or troopers running around in capes and cowboy hats, for example. Right now, there's a little bit of overlap like a scoundrel can wear a jedi robe with a hood to get that sort of shadowy, underworld look if he wants, but I wouldn't like drastic overlaps like the trooper gear example. That's just my opinion; maybe I'm coming at it too much from a lore reasoning standpoint, though.

I do like your idea about being able to craft cartel market gear using special components obtained from RE-ing other cartel market gear. BW could keep making $, and crafters could make creds.
    I understand how you feel about armor restrictions (from an RP standpoint it makes sense), but there's already adapative "heavy" armors on the CM that look like BH or Trooper gear (at least I assume there's Trooper gear, haven't payed much attention). There are times when I see lowbie armors and wish they were adapative so I could look boss on my inquisitor :[

Deleted
    Otherwise you have no reason for anyone to buy anything on the Cartel Market.
    I don't think so. Look at Troopers, the class that arguably has the best and largest collection of good outfits already in the game and the stuff from Cartel Market really doesn't fit this class at all. Yet I still see troopers wearing bikinis, relaxed jackets, pilot outfits, Jedi robes etc.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Players should always be able to wear whatever they want and look however they want. Rift and some other games nail this cosmetic approach. There are already plenty of immersion breaking experiences, it's not like it's going to make a different. If you wanted immersion that deep you would be playing on an RP server anyways, where everyone would wear appropriate gear.

They tried to create an original idea based on systems games already had and it really wound up being mostly tedious and not very functional. Would have been much better just to have a cosmetic tab like LotRO or Rift use to simply slap on a costume regardless of its level or armor type. Then you could have your cake and eat it too.

Their armoring/mod system works best for stats customization and min/maxing, not for looking how you want. That was the real innovation they had. It should have been relegated to min maxing and nothing else.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    I had this discussion with my old WoW crew awhile back, and it was actually in relation to Tera's goofy clothing. Basically, when discussing clothing in a game, nobody agreed on any look in particular. Surprise, Surprise! People all have different tastes and want their avatar in games to look how they want. Some like realistic full-body armor, some like chain mail bikini's, some like combat casual (my personal favorite). The list goes on and on, but the basic take home is...give players the option how to have their avatar look.

For the record though, although I do like SWTOR's system with mods and shells, I do prefer Rift's system where you can have multiple "Wardrobe" options while also having the ability to dye all pieces inidividually.

Deleted
    My point was that there's no reason to bind CM items to the ability to research orange shells when people already buy CM stuff in masses, even classes that have tons of great looks to chose from. This isn't a threat to the CM

Deleted
    Bump because I just started my new Agent and got this beauty as reward for finishing class arc on Hutta:

Agent's Jacket.

And guess what. Of course it's another amazing look that doesn't exist in moddable version (it doesn't even exist in blue version lol). I don't want anything else for my Agent, I want this in moddable version (doesn't matter if artifact or custom).

I'm Preferred so I can't post on official forums but could someone PLEASE make a thread there requesting an ability for Armormech & Synthweaving to be able to Reverse Engineer green/blue looks for empty moddable shells?
    Last edited by mmocafc5faf701; 2013-04-04 at 12:07 AM.

It won't matter. They won't bother responding to it. I posted on the PTS forums and asked that they give Armormech/Synthweavers some love. It was ignored. I'm sure they'd be more apt to listen if you asked them to put that as an orange shell on the Cartel Market.