Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Like - 95% of the game really.

Dislike - Poor PvE (no raids) and poor character progression/development.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Incorrect.

Players of any fractal level can group up together. When the dungeon is entered, players can choose any fractal level up to the highest fractal level in the party.

For explorable mode dungeons, only one person in the party needs to have completed story mode. That person starts the dungeon, picks explorable mode and everyone is in. Once inside the players choose which path they want to run.
    i never actualy knew you needed somebody in your party who has done story mode in order to do explorable 0.o

I like that I can play the game at max settings. I like the art style.

I dislike the game, pretty much just that. It's boring. Tera Online did it better on so many levels.

Deleted
    1) Cooperative design. No mob tagging or node grabbing.
    2) Buy to play model. It feels much less risky for me knowing that unless I completely hate the game, I can always come back to the game so $60 isn't total waste.
    3) Wv3 itself is still fun if you know what you are doing.
    4) Beautiful.
    5) Background. The world of Tyria is pretty solid.
    6) The Guardian class in concept. Imo this is what Paladin should be like: good gap closers but few gap creators, supportive nature but need to be aggresive to support optimally (crit -> vigor -> selfless daring, mace third auto attack, etc).
    7) And that a class can fit many roles. The fact that Warrior can be a sniper also appeals to me.

Neutral:
    1) "Smart" gear treadmill. Ascended gear being offered piece by piece for each patch and can be acquired at the same time, if you come back to the game after taking a break.

Dislikes:
    1) Several just plain stupid designs. Some gone (dungeon respawn in combat, massive dungeon grind), some not (FoTM level gate is per character instead of across account), some newly introduced (guild missions linked to ascended earrings, hard to obtain by PuG).
    2) Wasted potentials, and a complete lack of sandbox features. Personal home base could have much better features. Cash shop could have more attractive cosmetic options which did not appear until recently (you do like money, ANet, right?).
    3) Lack of love for Wv3, and the fact that Wv3 cannot completely sustain itself. Finally we are getting some love the day after tomorrow, hope it's going to be some major excitements but too early to tell.
    4) Story. And Trahearne. And his voice acting.
    5) Lack of possible builds. The number of viable builds is imo quite lacking.
    6) Advertising (along w/ point 2).

2) No subscription
    3) Mac options are available. (Not desirable but available for us OSX users that don't want t dual-boot)
    4) The general character of the game. NPC's have their own distinct feel per race and it shows well (I think).

Dislikes:
    1) Money is hard to come by. With diminishing returns for farming it can hurt the paybook when crafting the sweet gear.
    2) No way to check personal DPS. Even if it is just some test dummies that spit out a number in a whisper. I'm always curious.
    3) Guild missions, that was a perfect opportunity for instanced areas (like a raid). Although I've only done bounties.

Deleted
    • The artwork is a no brainer, it’s simply stunning.
    • Buy to play model - I will never pay a sub fee again.
    • The combat is genius, you can play on a superficial level or go deep into theorycrafting. Movement/casting in combat feels effortless, I can never play a turret casting shadowbolts again.
    • The community is hands down the best bunch of people I’ve ever had the pleasure of playing with. It’s interesting how the game systems and mechanics are designed to support teamwork and a positive community – these folks really put some thought into this.
    • They’ve done a great job with balancing no gear grind vs. endgame goals. I don’t feel like I have to work towards my endgame goals every session, yet there are lofty ambitions to satisfy.
    • Sidekicking.
    • A ridiculously high quality and quantity of animations.
    • Upleveling in PvP as well as instant access to best in-slot gear.
    • Legendary weapons will always be BIS. No replacing them next tier.
    • Dynamic Events - old questing systems look so stale now.
    • Jumping puzzles - some of the best fun I've had in the game.
    • 400+ dyes for your gear. Gear customization.
    • World wide auction house.
    • WvWvW – this is the epic week long battle we’ve been yearning for
    • Let’s me use in game gold for cash shop items
    • No server downtime for maintenance - new builds download instantly and I'm back in the game.
    • Overflow system means no queues to play
    • Shared nodes
    • Dungeons that are actually challenging
    • Detailed/custom character creation
    • Waypoint travel
    • Flat leveling curve
    • Player rezzing & downed state - it's a good feel thing in addition to being an interesting mechanic in dungeons.
    • Transfer costs – 1 price for all toons (can use ingame gold for that too!)
    • Legendary weapons - my gawd, what can you say when you see the Flameseeker Prophecies?
    • Open world exploration - fun finding all the secret places and puzzles in the game, you never know what you will find behind a bush or waterfall.

Dislikes:
    • Culling - where the game doesn't load all players in your view until you are practically on top of them. Good news is a fix is coming this month for WvW. Bad news is the fix won't be in for the rest of the world til later this year.
    • Lack of Guild Tools - Guilds need some loving, show last online, better GMOTD, mass mail to members, guild calendar, etc.
    • Limited mail box - Your box can only hold 10 personal mails. Need more room for mails I want to keep.
    • Downscaling needs adjusting - low level mobs & world bosses are too easy to kill.
    I agree with all of this but I'll add one thing I miss from WoW: the stories we get from quests and specially ones that lead to other quests that follow that story, I don't think this is a problem for most people as almost everyone seems to just skip the text but I always liked to read the quest text to get to know the stories of those NPCs and know why I have to do that quest, there's many quest NPCs in WoW that I think are very memorable....and in GW2 there's nothing like that, well yeah there are the story missions but it's not really the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodiark Son View Post
    I agree with all of this but I'll add one thing I miss from WoW: the stories we get from quests and specially ones that lead to other quests that follow that story, I don't think this is a problem for most people as almost everyone seems to just skip the text but I always liked to read the quest text to get to know the stories of those NPCs and know why I have to do that quest, there's many quest NPCs in WoW that I think are very memorable....and in GW2 there's nothing like that, well yeah there are the story missions but it's not really the same.
    most stories are told through events stick with the event after its over to see it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by syom View Post
    most stories are told through events stick with the event after its over to see it
    Not really, it's always the same, I don't get any connection with those NPCs whatsoever, I think the quests with text allow them to create different stories and explain them much better, maybe it's just me but either way I still think GW2 is a great game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiark Son View Post
    Not really, it's always the same, I don't get any connection with those NPCs whatsoever, I think the quests with text allow them to create different stories and explain them much better, maybe it's just me but either way I still think GW2 is a great game.
    While this is true, 98% of the people hit accept quest button without even reading the quest name. In fact there are so many quests in a hub (usually) that you just hit 3 accept in a row and never read anything. If you really stick to the events you will see the story happening, just in a different way (and then again we have people even not realizing the event chains happening and how they are connected). With that said I agree there is still a long way for Anet to make it better, because we all know they can.

One of these days I was unlocking mesmer weapon skills for my wife at Queensdale and I was surprised, I haven't been there in a long while and it really felt different. There were alot -more- "npcs" around that I could talk and they usually spill out useful info, either for an event or lore. Too bad I felt like that only came from the First area...they could heavily do it more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    While this is true, 98% of the people hit accept quest button without even reading the quest name. In fact there are so many quests in a hub (usually) that you just hit 3 accept in a row and never read anything. If you really stick to the events you will see the story happening, just in a different way (and then again we have people even not realizing the event chains happening and how they are connected). With that said I agree there is still a long way for Anet to make it better, because we all know they can.

One of these days I was unlocking mesmer weapon skills for my wife at Queensdale and I was surprised, I haven't been there in a long while and it really felt different. There were alot -more- "npcs" around that I could talk and they usually spill out useful info, either for an event or lore. Too bad I felt like that only came from the First area...they could heavily do it more.
    You're right and I did say ''I don't think this is a problem for most people as almost everyone seems to just skip the text'' but I did like it that way so that's why I pointed it out as it's what the OP asked, if other people like it better this way then good thing for them, again GW2 is great and this won't make me stop playing, so no big deal.

Deleted
    I don't like weapon swapping. It's a clunky mechanic, and feels to me like they went with it so they could keep the hotbar small and talk about 'depth of combat'. Need to use one of your abilities? Sorry, first you must put away your sword and shield and then pull a massive greatsword out of your arse, right in the middle of combat.

Likes: the music, art style, grouping actually has benefits, no-one can ninja resources or loot.

Deleted
    Incorrect.

Players of any fractal level can group up together. When the dungeon is entered, players can choose any fractal level up to the highest fractal level in the party.

For explorable mode dungeons, only one person in the party needs to have completed story mode. That person starts the dungeon, picks explorable mode and everyone is in. Once inside the players choose which path they want to run.
    Well that's been changed. Thanks for letting me know.

Graphics - Best of any MMO I know of - this includes the scenery and character graphics
    Achievement system - It's exactly the way it ought to be imho.
    WvW - including upleveling
    Vistas - First game I've seen that has these and I stop and view all of them as I journey through the game
    Dynamic events
    Buy to play model with some cash shop things for non-advantage giving items
    Guesting to other servers
    Targeting system is awesome including automatic targeting
    Hearts which are essentially automatic quests
    Shared gathering nodes
    Flat leveling curve

Dislikes:
    No macro support and no /follow system
    Not allowing a player to play many accounts at the same time where players can send keystrokes and mouse clicks to all accounts at the same time
    No factions - no ability to attack an opposite factions cities or boss encounters from the opposite faction
    No holy trinity which restricts larger scale raids with better strategy ( my opinion only )
    The movement - (taken from the original post as I feel the same) It's something WoW does pretty flawlessly IMO, the movement/animation in this game does not seem as good and sharp - it's because the animations play through to completion and can't be stopped by the player.
    Mail system to trade with players - Should have some form of trade window with confirmation like Guild Wars had it
    No mounts - Another area where players could progress during their adventures is in the area of collecting mounts along with companions
    No duels
    No way to tell what your target has targeted
    Last edited by Prepared; 2013-03-26 at 09:04 AM.

Deleted
    Fractal levels should be account bound too... Take the player not the character idea...
    And dungeons story mode too... Have done all stories once, I don't feel I need to do it again... But some times, there is no one with the story done... And here I go with main char...

Like:
    B2P. Nice to have a game I can just play whenever I like.
    World art. It's very pretty and quite unique.
    Unique approach to MMO mechanics - a breath of fresh air among WoW-clones.

Dislike:
    Hipster community. Looks like the game is played by a bunch of gleaming-eyed fanboys who can't admit that it has flaws.
    Lack of direction. I'm not really interested in exploring the world, randomly hunting for the next dynamic event. I feel like wandering aimlessly, and I don't like it.
    Dodge. Movement-heavy combat is good. Dodge mechanic sucks.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...