Deleted

Durumu Colorblind 10m

Sup

We tried Durumu yesterday for a bit, and we are not quite sure how we should handle the Colorblind phase.

Right now, we do it like this:
    Healer 1: Red
    Healer 2: Blue
    Healer 3: Yellow

So, lets say 3 DD are targeted, the healers run to their Color and thats it. If a healer gets targeted, lets say Healer 2 gets Yellow then Healer 3 goes to Blue and so on.
    We also have 1 DD assigned to each color and the DD`s right now rotate at high dot stacks.

Now the Problem: First, we go oom pretty quick and it takes quite long to end this phase, also for some reason parts of the raids are getting oneshoted by "Flash Freeze" from the blue zone. Why? The add dies inside the Zone and it never leaves the Zone.

It also is kinda difficult to heal since the Raid is spread so far away and Tanks are taking quite alot of damage which also drains the mana for a good amount.

Log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-jaxb7r07ed0e1lti/
    Last edited by mmoc4dd62270d8; 2013-03-22 at 10:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We are on this fight at the moment as well, but the one thing I can tell you, and unless I understand you wrong, you are not supposed to even reveal the Azure Fog, let alone kill it. Revealing it causes raidwide damage till the phase changes. You are only supposed to reveal and kill the three crimson fogs.
    Last edited by Cairhiin; 2013-03-21 at 04:41 PM.

Deleted
    Don't reveal the Azure fog, have the red beam go around and stop to kill the crimsons, the phase ends when all 3 crimsons die, just keep the blue beam away from the blue add.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spraytwist View Post
    Sup

We tried Durumu yesterday for a bit, and we are not quite sure how we should handle the Colorblind phase.

So, lets say 3 DD are targeted, the healers run to their Color and thats it. If a healer gets targeted, lets say Healer 2 gets Yellow then Healer 3 goes to Blue and so on.
    We also have 1 DD assigned to each color and the DD`s right now rotate at high speccs.

Now the Problem: First, we go oom pretty quick and it takes quite long to end this phase, also for some reason parts of the raids are getting oneshoted by "Flash Freeze" from the blue zone. Why? The add dies inside the Zone and it never leaves the Zone.

It also is kinda difficult to heal since the Raid is spread so far away and Tanks are taking quite alot of damage which also drains the mana for a good amount.

first off u are not supposed to reveal the blue add at all just have blue light stand still somewhere the add is not spawned

Sup

We also have 1 DD assigned to each color and the DD`s right now rotate at high speccs.

Like ppl have said dont reveal the blue add... have both tanks soak the yellow, melee in red and ranged in blue then have 1 healer in red and 2 in blue. And mane sure the healers are close tothe middl so they can heal all.
    My 10 man 2 nights 6 hours a week raiding guild at 7/7M + 3/3M + 5/10M
    www.avalerion.euo

Quote Originally Posted by Zambal View Post
    Like ppl have said dont reveal the blue add... have both tanks soak the yellow, melee in red and ranged in blue then have 1 healer in red and 2 in blue. And mane sure the healers are close tothe middl so they can heal all.
    Fight is honestly easier to 2 heal :P Honestly don't know how your running into healing problems with 3 healers.

Tips:

Blue beam, just don't move with it. Stand still and tunnel boss.
    Red go around killing it's adds, and yellow peeps follow their beam.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilthresa View Post
    Fight is honestly easier to 2 heal :P Honestly don't know how your running into healing problems with 3 healers.
    how is this in any way related to the original question? let me answer that for you: it isn't. mishandling blue add is causing them to wipe because it's nearly a binary mechanic. admonishing him for 3 healing it with zero advice on how to address the problems he's encountering makes you sound like an ass.

OT: We usually figure it out on a phase by phase basis as random people are gonna get fixated and you can't really plan for it. Just have each role sort of gravitate toward a beam and call if your beam doesn't have enough in it. For instance, tanks in yellow+1 dps/healer, healers in blue, DD in red, etc.

The problem comes in the subsequent phases with the stacking debuff you receive from soaking a color; you're going to have to rotate groups. Just make sure each group sort of stays together and you communicate. There is time to figure it out once the beams spawn so just stay calm and make sure you call if you have more than 3/less than 3 in your beam.

everyone in the raid needs to be aware of where the adds are at the start of light spectrum/colorblind. wasting time here is pulling dps off the boss and taxing healer mana. whoever gets red needs to know exactly where all 3 adds are and start at one of the outside adds in order to move through them as quickly as possible. the sooner you can get through the phase the easier the whole fight will be on you as you get 30-45s of solid stand-still dps on the boss. This also applies to the person with blue beam as they need to know how much they can afford cross over yellow (minimizing overlap time) without revealing blue.

Watch for hard stare, because you need to cook a heal on the tank and get them topped as soon as possible to relieve some of the pressure.

Good luck.

Make sure your healers don't always go in same color.. the more stacks you have from same color, the more damage you'll take.

Basically, blue stands still, red goes next to blue and when beam spawns he simply goes clockwise (or ccw) around and will never cross blue, and stops every time he reveals an add so it can be killed. This is the easiest way to do it.. you stand close to boss when he spawns the beams and you have like 2 seconds to move in place. People call where adds are (put markers on platform) so the red beam person can go quickly to where the first one will be.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

For 10m setting up light spectrum groups is pretty easy. Your healing set up is great, however the red and yellow beams can be adjusted. We had both our tanks stand in yellow with their healer. Then we had all DPS go into red to quickly kill off the Crimson Fog.

Also, as others have said, never reveal the blue add, it is bad. Also, when/if you kill the blue add it just respawns somewhere else and casts Flash Freeze.

So, for beam movement. When the initial "spotter" beams go out on 3 people, have the three people split the beams up around the room, preferably with the blue beam far away from the blue add, and red near a red add. Then the red controller will bring the beam to a red add, kill it, then quickly move to the next one. Rinse-repeat til the phase ends. The blue controller should keep their beam stationary the entire time. The only time we moved blue beam is when red or yellow was crossing blue, moving in the opposite direction, to expediate the cross over. However, when doing that we always made sure the blue add was not nearby.

Hopefully that helps, good luck!

Deleted
    Thanks alot guys, we thought the whole time that we had to kill the blue add too.

Is it possible to know where the adds stands before you reveal them with the beam?

Thanks alot guys, we thought the whole time that we had to kill the blue add too.

Is it possible to know where the adds stands before you reveal them with the beam?
    if you watch the platform closely when this phase is beginning you will see four effects that look like "splashes", 3 red and 1 blue. Those are where the adds spawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Infective View Post
    if you watch the platform closely when this phase is beginning you will see four effects that look like "splashes", 3 red and 1 blue. Those are where the adds spawn.
    Exactly this. We found using the macros /wm 1 through /wm 5 to be very useful for this phase and then just /cwm all afterwards to get ready for the next one. The easiest way to describe the phase is:

Start the red beam on a red add.
    Place the blue beam, anywhere but the blue add.
    Place the yellow beam, anywhere not taken.

For assignments, I would suggest tank(s) in yellow (total 2), healers + 1 in blue (it moves the least), dps in red. Last thing, don't worry about the beams crossing, it doesn't hurt more than it normally should. Most players will not have stacks of the overlapping colours. Plus you're splitting double damage over double the people.

From what i've seen from the logs i can give you a few pointers and suggestions:

- NEVER EVER REVEAL BLUE, assign one person to keep an eye where the colors are gonna spawn right before the Light Spectrum phase and mark em accordingly with raid markers that should be fairly easy.

-Since you have access to a paladin in the raid 2 tanking this encounter is practically pointless and you'd do better off getting an extra dps in the group to make the phases last shorter,do more dps on boss etc etc. Your tank just needs a cancel aura macro to remove his HoP when he recieves it and the paladin needs to specc into Clemency.

- Now a few people mentioned it but 2 healing and 1 tanking this encounter actually does make it easier because if your dps are good you will avoid the 2nd light spectrum phase all together {provided that you know how to handle the hungry eye}

- Dont worry so much about assigning the spectrum groups because even if you improvise people do tend to split up evenly, for us for example we just assigned our 2 melees into frost with no healer in them 1 healer stood with the tank in the yellow and 4 other dps went in the red. We kept 2 people as jokers to pop in where ever its needed.

- On a note for the healing, tell your shaman to swap games and go play Super Mario or whatever because his healing is just how shall i put this... extremely low, your paladin aint that better either. The priest is a beast but the other 2 healers are lagging behind. Use cooldowns and everything for the Light Spectrum because that's the only real raid dmg that needs healin the rest of the phases there's literally no dmg what so ever more or less.

- You have a guardian have him give symbiosis to the shadow priest for an extra tranq. Assign CDs properly have the pala and the shaman blow CDs in the first light spectrum because they have short durations and will have em up for the 2nd use the 2 devotion auras in each of the spectrum phases. Use the Guardian Tranq in the first Light Spectrum{ That means have him start the boss so the warrior will taunt during the spectrum and he can tranq}, Use the Shadow Priest tranq during the second spectrum. It also would be helpful if your guardian speccs into HotW that way the Tranq will be extremely powerful{ Talking about 110k ticks} and he can continue to dps the boss after the tranq given that the warrior will be tanking.

Your raid has an extremely large number of cooldowns to use it really strikes me odd that you are struggling so much with the spectrum. I mean the first one is a joke, the 2nd is actually where it hurts if you dont clear crimsons fast enough

Deleted
    Yeah i am playing the Priest.

Well, the main problem is that the Frostfog wiped us, but since we arent gonna killing them anymore it shouldnt be a problem.

And yes the other Healer is one of the biggest Problems of our Raid. the Holypally is just shit. Its hard to find Good players nowadays...
    Last edited by mmoc4dd62270d8; 2013-03-22 at 10:01 AM.

Deleted
    We didn't swap the beam soaking on 25 man but suppose that's not much use for 10s.

With all the paladins you have you can look at one tanking and putting hand of protection on the tank to clear stacks, to speed up the fight a bit.

It may just not show on WoL but is the shaman using Unleash Life? It buffs healing rain or direct heal by 30%. Hoping it's just some error and WoL isn't showing it, but can see it on other shaman.

I got to agree with the people that tells you to solo tank this fight, that's what we do and I'm the tank. Every time when you normally swap tanks you get boped and asap cancel that bop. Make sure to keep people at full hp for this since the most might hit someone else then the tank once when this happen.

Also make sure that your tank uses his or here active mitigation for every Hard Stare, focusing on that is almost the only thing I do during the fight. Making sure to always have my active mitigation up for when this hits makes the fight a lot easier. When I look at you logs right now your bear tank got hit for 236 238 damage at average by Hard Stare and your warrior tank got hit by 220 526 damage at average. The average Hard Stare hit me for 158 439 last night, thanks to active mitigation.

Why is this important? When you get hit by Hard Stare you get two debuffs, the first one is Serious Wound, each stack of it reduces healing received by 10%, so it will be harder and harder for your healers to top you off again after each Hard Stare. The real problem with this come from the second debuff Hard Stare applies to your tank, Arterial Cut, it does 60K damage to the tank each second until the tank reaches full HP (getting to full HP will remove the debuff).

If your tank gets hit by a Hard Stare that does 230K damage and takes another 60K damage each second and on top of that he melees for about 100 - 140K then add that you are taking 40-50% less healing received and it might be very hard for the healers to get the tank back up to max HP to remove the debuff. Especially if this is happening during the Colorblind Phase to the tank is taking damage from the beem at the same time. When I get to about 4-5 stacks I usually try to time not only my active mitigation but also a cd for each Hard Stare.
    Last edited by Ater; 2013-03-22 at 10:11 AM.

Blue beam should start not pointed at a blue add, and just stand there the whole phase. If you accidentally reveal a blue add you need to kill it and then not move again as it will respawn somewhere else. Red needs to move around and kill the adds, and yellow moves by itself. Biggest issue in this phase is still remembering to drop void zones at the edge or in the middle because people are usually distracted and if you don't it will fuck you on the maze.