Top battle group not one warlock...

So I know that destruction damage was buffed corruption was nerfed oddly enough being that affliction was the weakest spec and demonology was buffed. With the buffs we warlocks received are we still not in a good place? Just noticed on the top battle group out of the top 25 teams there is not one warlock... Thats pretty gun wrenching to see and makes me wonder what blizzards plans are for warlocks and pvp...

Thoughts opinions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember when world first didn't have a single shaman?

Personal choice.

As of this season? I think we might need to wait at least a week or two before making a judgement like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spriests are better in every way, why take a lock?

15+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks always suffer from a high skill cap. Warlocks can be amazing among the top best players, the rest of us mortals are left wondering if there is a single reason not to play frost or SP instead.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Affli and Destro Locks are still performing pretty well in Arena and Destro is pretty much a necessity in RBGs. I wouldn't worry about who is R1 for the first month or so because most of the top-rated players are playing RBGs atm to get high caps early on.

Edit: There is loads of Rank 2 Warlock teams.
    Last edited by Snuggli; 2013-03-21 at 07:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In before this post getting quoted multiple times, but aside from destruction in rbg, warlocks are trash right now :/

EDIT:
    Edit: There is loads of Rank 2 Warlock teams.
    And how many of those teams got the rating before the massive nerf to affliction and demonology damage?
    I really doubt any of those teams will remain at the top once people start getting geared for s13
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-03-21 at 08:15 PM.

There's a million locks in the top teams of 3v3.
    Dunno what you're looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    There's a million locks in the top teams of 3v3.
    Dunno what you're looking at.
    What part of Top Battle Group, not one Warlock in top 25 is hard to understand? Dunno what you're looking at but no one cares about Whirlwind or Emberstorm. Only battlegroup that matters is Bloodlust.

h

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nopkplease View Post
    What part of Top Battle Group, not one Warlock in top 25 is hard to understand? Dunno what you're looking at but no one cares about Whirlwind or Emberstorm. Only battlegroup that matters is Bloodlust.

h
    Nobody cares about any US battlegroup whatsoever. Not trying to be mean or anything, but American PvP is mostly a joke and aside from 1-2 progress guilds even PvE is pretty much in the hands of Europeans. You guys are a horrible indicator for anything.

Deleted
    I'm a warlock myself, and in arena its fubar. Affliction gets outdamaged by shadowpriests and unh dk's. Demo used to be viable with the aura and a slightly op burst but thats fixed... Destro is probably the most viable option and we are forced to run the sac pact build because mastery doesn't scale with pets. We got some nice burst in destro but only once every 2 minutes unlike a similar burst of frost mage every 30 sec / 1m if you account trinkets.

I really hope they improve demo with doom being undispellable and slightly better sustained damage sinds our burst was toned down. (even after the 15% buffs). Demo's damage outside wild imps is not competitively. So 20 sec we are very viable and 40 sec we are underperforming.

I really hope they look into the dot spreading vs the dot focussing with affliction so they wont have to nerve single target pressure when dot-spreading becomes really strong. I would suggest giving back an old bane-like spell that effected only 1 target at a time which would increase dot damage by 30% or so.

greetz
    Last edited by mmoc79582ce235; 2013-03-21 at 08:43 PM.

Who cares at all about Arena representation?

Did nobody notice?? last season, people were getting ratings of 2900 by playing 15 games and losing half of them... and that is from the official Blizzard ladders.

The entire system is soooooo FUBAR that it is worthless to worry about ´representation´ and your score.. because it doesn´t matter. A hunter, in mostly green gear, broke 2500 by playing 20 games in a single weekend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't start this EU vs US thing...
    One thing I really gonna clarify, many warlocks currently at high rating got that rating because of the affliction buffs in 5.2. Now, if you take a look at statistics, you see that affliction just crashed after the 25% nerfs.
    Now, I can't tell how the ladders will look like in a few weeks, however, the one thing I can tell is that the warlock representation is going to crash once more and more people got their priest/rogue/monk/deathknight alts geared with s13 gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Who cares at all about Arena representation?

Did nobody notice?? last season, people were getting ratings of 2900 by playing 15 games and losing half of them... and that is from the official Blizzard ladders.

The entire system is soooooo FUBAR that it is worthless to worry about ´representation´ and your score.. because it doesn´t matter. A hunter, in mostly green gear, broke 2500 by playing 20 games in a single weekend.
    Yes, but that's because MMR was not reset and a lot of exploiting was happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Don't start this EU vs US thing...
    One thing I really gonna clarify, many warlocks currently at high rating got that rating because of the affliction buffs in 5.2. Now, if you take a look at statistics, you see that affliction just crashed after the 25% nerfs.
    Now, I can't tell how the ladders will look like in a few weeks, however, the one thing I can tell is that the warlock representation is going to crash once more and more people got their priest/rogue/monk/deathknight alts geared with s13 gear.

Yes, but that's because MMR was not reset and a lot of exploiting was happening.
    And it wasn´t fixed. That hunter who went from 1500-2500 in about 4 hours.... still got his title.

My point is that it is absolutely meaningless to argue about which warlock spec is under-represented when the entire system is so bad. Changing specs to the best spec my boost you 100 points or whatever if you learn the new spec as well as you knew the old one.. but who cares if you go from 2300 to 2400 when some guy in green gear is going to end up at 2500 and you won´t get squat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    And it wasn´t fixed. That hunter who went from 1500-2500 in about 4 hours.... still got his title.

My point is that it is absolutely meaningless to argue about which warlock spec is under-represented when the entire system is so bad. Changing specs to the best spec my boost you 100 points or whatever if you learn the new spec as well as you knew the old one.. but who cares if you go from 2300 to 2400 when some guy in green gear is going to end up at 2500 and you won´t get squat.
    Yes, last season was a big fuck up due MMR not being reseted, several exploits, etc. Nonetheless, representation numbers still give a very good idea of how the current balance is. When one class is sitting on 20% above 2.2k with only 10% global (priest), and a different class is only on 5% with 7.5% global (warlock), you know something is wrong.

Not to mention my undergeared priest alt I can barely play is as high rated as my fully t2 2/2 warlock.... Just to show how stupidly strong/weak these 2 classes are >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they are all still doing RBGs. No shortage of warlocks there.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    Unfortunately warlocks are not very good in PVP in MoP.
    They used to be great as destro in BGs because of outstanding AOE dmg, but AOE has been severly nerfed.

In 3V3 they are still very good as affli because of multi pressure but a spriest has DOTs doing real damage contrary to lock, has big 3-orb burst and very useful lifeswap and grip.

In 2V2 there are absolutely no reason to Partner with a lock instead of a spriest.

Quite sad but that's the way it is.

Regarding destro buffs they aren't buffs. They are here to compensate grimoire of sacrifice big nerf.
    Here again Blizzard did an awful job. Remember it was supposed to give a grimoire choice.
    But it was way less nerfed for Affliction (which was already completely OP in PVE, notably compared to destro and demono) and the result is that affli is still using GoSac whereas destro are forced to use GoSup or GoService.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/aren...ompType=filter Spookster 2.6k 3v3, what are you babbling about ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nakamuraa View Post
    So I know that destruction damage was buffed corruption was nerfed oddly enough being that affliction was the weakest spec and demonology was buffed. With the buffs we warlocks received are we still not in a good place? Just noticed on the top battle group out of the top 25 teams there is not one warlock... Thats pretty gun wrenching to see and makes me wonder what blizzards plans are for warlocks and pvp...

Thoughts opinions?
    buffs/nerfs are not only based on pvp. there based on both pvp and pve. so maybe the cor nerf was for pve.

and sure there are other classes better this expension. but this is with every expension/season. so now its warlock so what.