(RET) dilemma between 2 weapons, halp!

Okay, story short.
    Today i got a 2H sword( Greatsword of frozen hells) from ToT LFR: wowhead.com/item=95875. Also added the extra prismatic socket to it what you get through legendary q-chain and added 2x 320 haste gems into it, so it has a sick amount of haste on it now.

Atm i have a Heroic Starshatter equipped with 2/2 upgrade and i just can't decide what to do here, i would lose weapon damage but with the lfr weapon i would gain sick amount of haste which would put me at 25,+% (23,3 atm with starshatter).

So again, which weapon you guys suggest me to use. Hopefully someone here has tested some new weapons out and has a clue.

Cheers and hopefully will get some help from you guys!
    Last edited by M2tt; 2013-03-21 at 10:03 PM.

frozen hells. simple it's BiS basicly and even if it's LFR vs Normal i'd say LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    You need to use the weapon that has the highest damage per second rating. Weapon DPS is our highest stat below weapon speed, and when every weapon (that I have seen so far this expansion) has the same speed, then obviously weapon DPS takes precedence over anything else (well, I guess minus an agility 2-hander). For future reference, secondary stats should only be compared when the weapons have the same damage per second.
    Last edited by Dmchomerun; 2013-03-21 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Derp
    Exorcising Undead in the name of the Silver Hand!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...homerun/simple

So basically you are saying that the Heroic starshatter is better? thanks for the info : ).

Quote Originally Posted by Dmchomerun View Post
    You need to use the weapon that has the highest damage per second rating. Weapon DPS is our highest stat below weapon speed, and when every weapon (that I have seen so far this expansion) has the same speed, then obviously weapon DPS takes precedence over anything else (well, I guess minus an agility 2-hander). For future reference, secondary stats should only be compared when the weapons have the same damage per second.
    Basically as this guy says. Weapon DPS and then Weapon Speed are our two biggest stats, just that you don't usually see it mentioned because under normal circumstances the higher the ilvl the better.

Just to give you an idea using my current gear the stats come out as below: (Granted yours are gonna be somewhat different, but you'll see the general idea here).

Weapon Speed: 593
    Weapon DPS: 6.29
    Strength: 2.89
    Haste: 1.44
    Crit: 1.13
    Mastery: 0.92

As you can see the two blow even our primary stat out of the water, Weapon Speed is insanely high, but you'll never run into that problem unless they introduce 2 handers that are at like 1.6 speeds.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2013-03-21 at 10:30 PM.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Keep your heroic star. The DPS is what matters, specially against 2% haste that goes nowhere.

Seems like you guys made it pretty clear for me and i will keep my starshatter for now. Waiting for the normal version of frozen hells then.
    Thanks !