Question Is Titan's Grip useful at All?

Hey all,

Last time I inquired about a build involving using a Fury talent to wield a Two-handed weapon and a shield simultaneously, I found out to my sheer disappointment that specializations practically blew it out of the water. It involved Titan's Grip.

On that same thread, I was told that using that talent to dual wield 2H as 1H weapons would not be as effective as dual wielding regular 1H weapons, but another poster said;
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuibus View Post
    Titan's Grip no longer has a flat damage reduction applied to it, and hasn't since cata where the penalty was removed completely.
    . So if this is true, why don't all Fury Warriors just dual wield two handed weapons? Considering how a Zerat, Malakk's Soulburning Greatsword deals an average of 12,852 DPS when dual wielding VS two Kura-Kura, Kazra'jin's Skullcleaver which inflict about 10,080 DPS, you'd certainly pick the Two-handers for the extra 2,772 DPS, plus the +1333 Hit attribute (2666 when dual wielding) that comes with the Zerat AND the +955 Critical Strike (VS the Kura-Kura's +492 Critical Strike, 463 difference and a total of 926 when dual wielding). Sure, I can see that some would pick the Kura-Kura for the +492 Mastery that you can get, but seriously; were talking pure DPS Fury here; you want to make your damage number as high as possible, especially during boss fights. So again I say, why doesn't all Fury Warriors dual wield Two-Handers? And, if for some reason, there is something here that I am missing that makes one-handed weapons better, than what is the purpose of the skill at all?

Thanks

Using one handers gives you a 35% damage buff and an additional 35% damage buff to your offhand attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mataru View Post
    Using one handers gives you a 35% damage buff and an additional 35% damage buff to your offhand attacks.
    So considering this, the Kura-Kura go from about 5040 DPS (individually) to 7200 DPS, which is 14,400 when dual wielding. This would mean that it does around 1,548 DPS more than when dual wielding two handed weapons like Zerat. So if dual wielding one handers deals more pure DPS, what is the point of having a Titan's Grip talent anyways? Sure, it would have been essential for a Two-hander and Shield build, but that became extinct with specializations, so why even have other than dual wielding Two-handers for looks? Sounds like a waste of talent points to me.

Deleted
    You're trying to model something that's quite complex in extremely simplistic terms. Not least of which, certain abilities scale with weapon damage (not dps, but damage) such as raging blow, bloodthirst, heroic strike. The weapon damage of a 2h compared to an equal 1h is much more than just 35% higher, and the 35% damage buff from using 1h does not off-set the increase due to higher weapon damage. On the other hand there are abilities which scale with attack power rather than weapon damage, such as dragon's roar, execute, etc. and these will hit much harder with single minded fury as the 35% damage buff more than off-sets the slightly lower attack power from using 1 handers.

All in all smf is slightly ahead on single target encounters given equivalent gear while titan's grip can go ahead on multi-target encounters due to whirlwind and raging blow scaling with weapon damage. And that's also a generalisation and over-simplification, but it illustrates the point. And you don't spend talent points to choose titan's grip any more anyway, all fury warriors have the option just by equipping 2h weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Fury ever had its retarded Enrage mechanic requirement and no reset on C Smash fixed Titans Grip's added Stats like Stamina and Resil would make it better in PvP then SMF. It also makes you look like a big man! RAWR SMASH.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhia View Post
    You're trying to model something that's quite complex in extremely simplistic terms. Not least of which, certain abilities scale with weapon damage (not dps, but damage) such as raging blow, bloodthirst, heroic strike. The weapon damage of a 2h compared to an equal 1h is much more than just 35% higher, and the 35% damage buff from using 1h does not off-set the increase due to higher weapon damage. On the other hand there are abilities which scale with attack power rather than weapon damage, such as dragon's roar, execute, etc. and these will hit much harder with single minded fury as the 35% damage buff more than off-sets the slightly lower attack power from using 1 handers.

All in all smf is slightly ahead on single target encounters given equivalent gear while titan's grip can go ahead on multi-target encounters due to whirlwind and raging blow scaling with weapon damage. And that's also a generalisation and over-simplification, but it illustrates the point. And you don't spend talent points to choose titan's grip any more anyway, all fury warriors have the option just by equipping 2h weapons.
    So in more general speaking terms, Dual Wielding Single Handed Weapons is more effective at fighting single targets (such as bosses or PvP duels) and Dual Wielding Two-handers can be more effective at attacking groups of mobs (such as in open zones or raids).