Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'd recommend against going with Logitech again. Having used logitech for many many years, I found that they only lasted about a year, some less than that. Their sound quality is fine, but no matter what Logitech I got (Gaming, Wireless, regular) they'd always break due to cheap wiring or cheap plastic construction.

I tried plantronics and they have much better cords than Logitech, but still broke due to cheap assembly and construction.

I'd highly recommend Razer products. Ever since I found out about them and have been switching my peripherals to Razer (Keyboard, Mouse, headset) I have yet to have a peripheral break. The construction is solid, the cords are wrapped to protect them and high quality, and the price is fairly equal to Logitech products.

I'm currently using a Razer Megalodon, one of the most sturdy headsets I've ever owned.

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-audio/razer-megalodon
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a g-35 as well. Been a very good head-set. Had it for years and the only problem i have had is the cord getting tangled. But i cut the outta skin thing off and it hasn't been a problem since. Would only break for people who treat it like shit. Then again they would brake any headset.
    Aye mate

I'm weary about Razer headsets, I had a carcharias or however it's spelled go out on me after a year. I read that it was a common problem to have the solder break loose on razer headsets.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    I have a g-35 as well. Been a very good head-set. Had it for years and the only problem i have had is the cord getting tangled. But i cut the outta skin thing off and it hasn't been a problem since. Would only break for people who treat it like shit. Then again they would brake any headset.
    You must have gotten lucky because the G35 breaking on the ear piece like mine did is pretty fucking common. I didn't treat mine like shit and it broke.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you're buying a new headset just cause of what you posted a picture of... that's weak!

Behold my glorious custom headset:

This is the headset in question:
    http://uk.store.creative.com/sound-b...s/1-20881.aspx

Lasted of a year before breaking like that, though it was my fault for being a bit too rough with it :P
    After the fix it's still working perfectly.

It's rather cheap for a quality wireless headset, imo.

Deleted
    I'm using a Razer Carcharias that was a gift to me at the moment, it seems sturdy enough to me but I've heard of other people having trouble with them, not sure if the newer ones are better or something but so far mine has been sturdy and reliable, guess we'll see if it breaks or not.

Ironicly the most reliable headset I ever owned was a £10 logitech one from the local super market in the electronics section, the sound wasn't amazing by any stretch of the imagination, but it got dropped, thrown, sat on, and punished for about 5 years before it finally gave out.

I would reccomend my headset if it weren't for some horror stories from other owners, my friend picked up a Plantronics 780 today from our local computer shop after he heard from his co workers that it was decent, that's the best I can give you on that particular model though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would advise Razer Moray+ because the sound is amazing, you don't get the marks in your hair and you can't really break them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Much to my frustration, my previous headset just broke. It was a Logitech G35 and it was really nice except for the connecting tubes that housed the wires to the speakers as well as allowing them to swivel slightly was made out of shitty plastic and broke after falling off of my chair. I had previously had to get it replaced because the same exact thing happened. I would get another one, as I heard that they started using metal for the connecting tubes, but I'm afraid of having the exact same problem and don't want to go through that again.

My headset before that had an issue with the sound shorting out (had it replaced twice) after two weeks or so.

Now I'm looking at a new headset, but I'm afraid of buying one that will just short out of break on me. Can anybody recommend a headset that is comfortable, has noise cancellation, has a mic and won't break on you? Bonus if it has a long cord that doesn't have a problem with winding itself up (the G35 seemed to have a sort of memory in its cord from when it was packaged, it would loop up constantly).

Note that I'm not looking to pay a silly amount, I don't need crazy sound quality or extraneous buttons or anything that these expensive 'gaming headsets' have.

Also, wireless is cool if it doesn't make it cost a stupid amount, my computer monitor has a short in its power connection and having one fewer wire to accidentally pull on the monitor cord and have my monitor turn off would be nice.
    Siberia V2 are holding up for me from the day they came out, 'till now and counting. So about 3 years.

Also, PC360, as collkingler said, is a great headset. But i would chose V2 'cause it has better noise cancellation and a little cleaner sound.